FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

12 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

Well they learned their lesson and made Destiny a CCG to make sure people keep throwing their dollars at the game. 

Which is why Destiny is the favorite now, and we're the red-headed stepchild.

12 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

Well they learned their lesson and made Destiny a CCG to make sure people keep throwing their dollars at the game. 

Considering they're shorting the stores and there is never any on the shelf it doesn't seem like they put much faith in it.  The number of starter packs the stores here were able to get was tiny, it's pretty silly.  I'm already seeing people quitting in disgust and their player base isn't large to begin with.

20 minutes ago, Union said:

Considering they're shorting the stores and there is never any on the shelf it doesn't seem like they put much faith in it.  The number of starter packs the stores here were able to get was tiny, it's pretty silly.  I'm already seeing people quitting in disgust and their player base isn't large to begin with.

Correction, then: Destiny is the favorite child who's secretly a brat, and we're the red-headed stepchild who's a world class violinist but is forced to sleep in the pantry under the stairs.   :P

I'm starting to doubt the Q3 release date - we're almost there already without a single preview, and the overall IA pace has been very slow all year. And there's another Destiny wave scheduled for Q3, which is bound to have an impact.

I suspect this will be the last wave released in 2017, and knowing the track record for shipping delays etc., I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't reach the shelves until October or November.

(All a bit doom and gloom but sadly I've become a bit worn out by FFG over the past year - great products, but terrible supply chain issues, poor customer engagement, and very slow product release schedules for all but the biggest lines).

44 minutes ago, ellhaynes said:

I'm starting to doubt the Q3 release date - we're almost there already without a single preview, and the overall IA pace has been very slow all year. And there's another Destiny wave scheduled for Q3, which is bound to have an impact.

I suspect this will be the last wave released in 2017, and knowing the track record for shipping delays etc., I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't reach the shelves until October or November.

(All a bit doom and gloom but sadly I've become a bit worn out by FFG over the past year - great products, but terrible supply chain issues, poor customer engagement, and very slow product release schedules for all but the biggest lines).

Seems like rather than releasing a small box we're going to get nothing and this will be the big box and they're not moving it's release up to replace the small.

Ya I don't think we will see two boxes this year based on how slow things are moving.. the big box will be it and it is early. I still think this shift in production is because of the app, I think they plan to have it out for a Christmas release to ramp sales to their max heading into the holiday season. We MIGHT see a blister wave release around the same time.. but even that is starting to seem like a long shot.

1 minute ago, FrogTrigger said:

Ya I don't think we will see two boxes this year based on how slow things are moving.. the big box will be it and it is early. I still think this shift in production is because of the app, I think they plan to have it out for a Christmas release to ramp sales to their max heading into the holiday season. We MIGHT see a blister wave release around the same time.. but even that is starting to seem like a long shot.

I mean, a blister isn't a guarantee (though it may be a good idea).  Not sure why it's a long shot, though.  It's still June, guys...

6 hours ago, Union said:

Well then I stand corrected.  I thought it was selling like hot cakes. 

6 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

The Armada community would like to beg to differ.

Yeah, fair point, it feels like Armada has never really got going. I'm glad I never dived in! 

Part of my IA frustration is that it's widely considered to be a great game system regardless of the SW setting, and there's so much more that could be done with it.

I'm not endorsing speeding up the release of the boxed campaign sets - those do need appropriate play testing. But I'd love to see us move to maybe 10 blisters a year, one per month (with boxed settings coming out the other two months). This isn't a huge increase but could add so many more cool units (Wookiees shooters; heavy rebel troopers). You wouldn't always need new command cards and the skirmish maps could easily see some recycling (just change the special scenario rules a little).

A monthly release schedule would keep so much more momentum in the community, and shake up the meta more regularly. The current approach sees a huge dollop of goodies served up all on the same day, which feels a little like overkill.

Anyway, I know it's not really going to happen - FFG seem to love their supply and release structures! But I honestly believe a more regularly schedule with a  slight increase in output would really help with momentum.

moan over! 

6 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

Well then I stand corrected.  I thought it was selling like hot cakes. 

At worlds I was hearing an FFG employee talk about distribution and orders for destiny and they said basically they ordered more destiny than ever had to start and it sold so fast. They doubled and it disappeared. And they tripled. And it's gone. It's just that quick moving. They will get the hang of it. But I'm not interested in it. 

We'd always assumed an August release, but only because Twin Shadows was released in August. It's much more common for an expansion or blister wave to be released right at the end of a quarter, or at the beginning of one. RtH and JR both hit shelves between Christmas and New Year's. I still think the Q3 release will happen, but maybe it won't be until late September. 

Dr. Aphra.  :rolleyes:    But, I don't really like the bizarro 3PO/ R2 or the Rebels characters either(outside of their in-game usefulness).  

Maybe we can get a Gererra character with a special ability to just give up and die as a way to (maybe) reduce threat in a future mission, or provide only half his cost in VPs to the opponent.

18 hours ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Dr Aphra no less. I'd be happy to see her come to IA.

The "I'm selling Luke Skywalker to Darth Vader and I'm the good guy" character?  Ugh, no thanks.  She's Marvel.  She's terrible.