FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

15 hours ago, Majushi said:

Still no more official news on when.

Only word is that they're still working on it.

Also, everytime someone asks about the app, the app is delayed by another month (just like HL3) :D

Haha, fair enough.

Now, this probably means nothing but I see Rise of the Empire (Rebellion expansion announced same day as HotE) was moved to On the Boat a week or so ago.  Still, it is listed on Miniature Market as being expected October-December this year.

My guess is Miniature Market just isn't that accurate in that prediction, but I certainly also hope that's wrong, as HotE isn't even on the boat yet.

Ya must be wrong because the news article for HoTE says Heart of the Empire is scheduled to arrive at retailers in the third quarter of 2017!

Which means we missed a Q`1 wave? Droids were Q2? I still think this time table shift from mid summer/Christmas to late winter/late summer is making room for a Christmas time app release. Perfect time to drive sales.

Edited by FrogTrigger

I think tomorrow is highly likely, June 9th puts us about 2ish months ahead of release, seems to be about the right time to start spoiling for a big box release. Also about a month since the announcement which follows past timelines.

They've got a lot of ground to cover if we expect a similar format to JR, Hero, Imp units, possibly a Dev article then blister articles x 3, puts us at a total of 6 potential articles. If they are aiming for a mid August release it makes sense to start them soon and stagger them out over a few weeks at a time. Probably start with the actual box soonish then wait a few weeks to start spoiling the blisters leading into the release.

Edited by FrogTrigger

1 hour ago, FrogTrigger said:

I think tomorrow is highly likely, June 9th puts us about 2ish months ahead of release, seems to be about the right time to start spoiling for a big box release. Also about a month since the announcement which follows past timelines.

They've got a lot of ground to cover if we expect a similar format to JR, Hero, Imp units, possibly a Dev article then blister articles x 3, puts us at a total of 6 potential articles. If they are aiming for a mid August release it makes sense to start them soon and stagger them out over a few weeks at a time. Probably start with the actual box soonish then wait a few weeks to start spoiling the blisters leading into the release.

I'd say tomorrow is likely.  

I imagine we'll get an article on the heroes- which should be very interesting.

What I think I'm most excited about are the Imp and Merc articles, though.  Really curious what those sentries, riot troopers, and clawdites can do.  And the walker, of course.

3 hours ago, caseycheesecake said:

Where did the term "blister pack" come from?

According to Dictionary.com, the original blister packs were more like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Блистер_таблетки.jpg

Where the little bubbles of plastic were round and looked like blisters (kind of gross now that I think about it :wacko:)

The packs that IA figures come in are more like clamshell packs, which are a type of blister pack, and are so named because they open from one side like a clamshell.