FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

1 hour ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Yeah, I'd think the boxes would take a little longer than the blisters but it does seem like we're due for an August release. GenCon is Aug 17-20 for reference. It'm sure they'd love to be selling the HotE stuff before they announce the next big thing at GenCon...need I speculate?

A GenCon early purchase does have precedent. I'm pretty sure that Twin Suns was available at GenCon that year just before it was widely released, like Wave 9 being available at Worlds this year. I'd love for Heart of the Empire to be out before September! But sadly not in time for the last store championship I'm planning on going to - or maybe that's a good thing to not shake it up quite that much and hopefully get some prizes :)

16 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

They will release it for GenCon or may be right before then drop the IA App Announcement bomb in the middle of the biggest board game convention on the planet.

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!!!

edge-wwe.gif

Yeah, I've been wondering if that might happen.  It wouldn't be a bad idea- the app is supposed to bring new life to this game, so it's definitely a good idea to do it at GenCon.

19 hours ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Yeah, I'd think the boxes would take a little longer than the blisters but it does seem like we're due for an August release. GenCon is Aug 17-20 for reference. It'm sure they'd love to be selling the HotE stuff before they announce the next big thing at GenCon...need I speculate?

blister wave + App announcement during Gen Con? Will work for me!

30 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

So how early will we start seeing spoiler articles for the new stuff? Since it is a big expansion they've got a lot to get through... June?

If we assume one article every two weeks, and that they are aiming for an August release, they could start on June 2 and post three articles about the box and one for each of the three figure packs in time for an August 25 release.

On 5/23/2017 at 10:02 AM, AleksDj said:

I believe the latest would be 2nd of June

Well, that's just a week away.

It's already been three weeks since announcement.  I don't expect an article today, but neither do I consider it out of the realm of possibility.  

5 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

I think secretly, you were just trying to bump this thread up in the event that FFG folks check in with the forums today. That way they'll feel more pressure to get that next article out soon.

Shhhhhhhhhhh...

:ph34r:

14 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

what happened to subtrendy 1?

We wouldn't expect an IA article on a Thursday right now, those are typically saved for releases. I wouldn't be surprised to see one tomorrow though, start the hype train into June!!

I think the Asmodee thread merger from a few weeks ago merged this account with something from another forum (I used to be on a lot when I had a gaming channel) and created this new account.  

Kinda frustrating, but whatevs.

Anyway, fingers crossed for today!

(edit): You know, it's been a while since we've had our hopes crushed by a Destiny article... I wonder if that's gonna happen today, instead.  :P

Edited by subtrendy2