FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

3 hours ago, subtrendy said:

Weren't they already Shipping?

They're slated to come out today, hopefully they aren't just now shipping.

OK, maybe I'll stand corrected but smooth over my mistake with: They're "In Stores Now"! I wonder when I'll get my preorder?

My son got home and opened up the pack (I mean I have to let him do the unboxing right??). I think these agenda set cards are pretty cool. Apologies if these were put out somewhere already. Feel free to delete if so.

2qibghc.jpg

8 minutes ago, subtrendy said:

Anybody who's gotten a pack-

Do these happen to come with campaign upgrade items like Wave 7 did?

Haven't heard anything about this yet, but was hoping they might.

Nothing for supply or equipment decks.  There is 1 reward card for the Jawas with the other two packs rewarding use of the ally/villain pair only.  Lots of command cards and a skirmish attachment or two.

Edited by Union

18 minutes ago, Union said:

Nothing for supply or equipment decks.  There is 1 reward card for the Jawas with the other two packs rewarding use of the ally/villain pair only.  Lots of command cards and a skirmish attachment or two.

Ah, kinda disappointing, but fair enough.  Skirmish deserves some good stuff this time.

21 hours ago, totalnoob said:

My son got home and opened up the pack (I mean I have to let him do the unboxing right??). I think these agenda set cards are pretty cool. Apologies if these were put out somewhere already. Feel free to delete if so.

2qibghc.jpg

This seems incredibly weak. Two of these are one time uses for 1 or 2 influence. I'd pass. The only reason I'll include this deck is to get the droids. I'm bummed that the other cards will just take up space in the deck.

2 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

This seems incredibly weak. Two of these are one time uses for 1 or 2 influence. I'd pass. The only reason I'll include this deck is to get the droids. I'm bummed that the other cards will just take up space in the deck.

They seem pretty decent to me, fun to use at the right moment.  Bear in mind that Jabba's Realm and probably future campaigns limit you on the number of agenda cards you can have in play (including your hand, missions and permanents). And there's not that many permanents available anyway.

Agenda cards are not meant to be game-changers but spice. Apart from the best agenda card(s) from the core, these are pretty level with everything else.

(The more you play, the more you can get done with the 'weak' cards.)

Edited by a1bert

59 minutes ago, a1bert said:

Agenda cards are not meant to be game-changers but spice. Apart from the best agenda card(s) from the core, these are pretty level with everything else.

(The more you play, the more you can get done with the 'weak' cards.)

Maybe incredibly weak is over stating, but they are certainly on the weak side. I can see one influence for BTs ability but still not on my list to buy. Both of these are sort of uninspired as they just slapped BT and 000s abilities on agenda cards. I'd prefer something that synergizes with their abilities rather than repeat them. I see your points about 4 card limitations and "spice" but I play against some pretty savvy rebels and can use influence to stay on my game. I'd rather back off at certain points if needed. 

Edit: In SW: spice = drugs

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo

Yeah, some people tend to think that Imp class cards increase at the same rate as Rebel class cards (not entirely inaccurate) and Agenda is meant to balance items gained with credit.  The latter isn't true, because I think Rebel credit upgrades end up having far more of an impact on the game- the true Imperial counter to them is the increasing Threat level.  Agenda cards are just sort of a bonus.

7 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

On a more positive note. I was happy to get an article today even if it's a bit of review. Any IA news is good news.

Did we get one?  Or are you referring to the droid one from yesterday?

16 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

So it was.

Ah, I was getting excited.  :P

I don't really expect anything, today, at all.  We've been spoiled this past week.  Let alone the new releases, but an incredible new Big Box wave announcement.  Not to mention new Rebellion stuff, which I've barely even hyped about yet.

After months of drought, I'd almost feel spoiled getting anything today.

2 hours ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

I'm guessing with Missile Salvo you can't:

1) Activate Transdoshan Hunter #1

2) Attack as normal with #1

3) play Missile Salvo and then do your three (well, up to three) different attacks with #1?

4) discard Missile Salvo

5) Active TH #2 and do your normal business....

I always like things that let me as the IP get off more attacks (rebels usually aren't prepared for a second attack in one activation!), but now that I really read the card text - that would probably not be allowed as it would violate the single attack per activation on the IP side. :( Oh well...

Yep. Missile Salvo agenda card doesn't give you Assault, so if you already performed an action that contained at least one attack during your activation, you can't use the other action for the special action on the Missile Salvo agenda card.

With Military Might you could play and perform Missile Salvo, then Sustained Fire, then spend the second action to remove Stunned.

Edited by a1bert

4 hours ago, AleksDj said:

they changed the stated for new stuff from In development to At the printer :)

Awesome!  Wave 9 went from In Dev to At the Printer in 73 days.  If the same amount of time was to pass for this wave, we'd see its release on July 29th.

Obviously, there are a lot of factors that can effect this, so I wouldn't expect July 29th to be accurate (and not only since releases are typically Thursday) but it's not a bad starting point.  I do kind of expect a little longer for this wave, since it's a bigger wave, but we'll see.

1 minute ago, subtrendy said:

Awesome!  Wave 9 went from In Dev to At the Printer in 73 days.  If the same amount of time was to pass for this wave, we'd see its release on July 29th.

Obviously, there are a lot of factors that can effect this, so I wouldn't expect July 29th to be accurate (and not only since releases are typically Thursday) but it's not a bad starting point.  I do kind of expect a little longer for this wave, since it's a bigger wave, but we'll see.

Yeah, I'd think the boxes would take a little longer than the blisters but it does seem like we're due for an August release. GenCon is Aug 17-20 for reference. It'm sure they'd love to be selling the HotE stuff before they announce the next big thing at GenCon...need I speculate?