FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

We need to make sure this thread is alive for next couple of months. Let's believe that this one had force that impacted on their decision to give all those goodies, on Friday :)

Alright, I was sick on Friday (though I still saw this that morning), so here goes"

1. Wow, those blisters are all must buys!  

2. I told you guys it wasn't gonna be Endor!  Mwahahaha!

3.   Speaking of which, Coruscant is an incredibly unique setting for this game.  Should be interesting!

4.  TRAITOR!  (woo riot troopers!)

5. AT-DP is a nice addition to vehicles, though probably wouldn't have been my first choice- but I'll take anything I can get.

6.  More droids, too!  In fact, more of everything across the board.  May be the most type-diverse expansion yet!  Only thing that really gets shafted are creatures.

7. Heroes seem a bit underwhelming so far, but a possible Fenn replacement is welcome.  Wonder how damaging it will be to field them both, though.

8.  This really changed things up.  All three bilsters are unique characters- no bounty hunters, no Imperial trooper heroes.  The blisters almost feel like a separate themed wave than something released alongside a box.  Then there's the box- big instead of small.  And of course, the departure from more OT themed campaigns.  In short, I feel like this breathed some much needed life into a game that wasn't necessarily going stale, but could still benefit from being taken in a new and exciting direction.  In many ways, this wave seems like a complete departure from the old ways of Imperial Assault- yet, it still brings a lot to the table for old players and new players alike that I can only see as being advantageous for all.  Hopefully this is more of a July-August Q3 than September, because I can't wait!

40 minutes ago, subtrendy said:

2. I told you guys it wasn't gonna be Endor!  Mwahahaha!

Strange, I must have missed that post (maybe you could link it), because I only saw the dozens of posts where you said it was going to be an Endor small-box. :P

Wrong on both accounts. ;)

Ya give us the proof!

I love being wrong in instances like this because it just means Endor is still coming :) More content! Moaarr!!

You are right in that the blister wave seems to be a force of its own (see what I did there?). The coolest part about it is that the tokens are in the expansion for these blisters, so that means Ahsoka, Maul and Palp are woven in to the story line. To me that is cool because one thing I feel that these missions could benefit from is more unique characters showing up, even if it is just in a cameo or a smaller role, like for 2 turns Ahsoka will show up but can only engage Maul. Things along that vein. I know the story is about the heroes, but I also play to see Iconic Star Wars characters and not just the villains!

Now with all of that being said... there better be a Vader-Ahsoka show down in one of these missions :P If not, I'll make it happen.

Edited by FrogTrigger

24 minutes ago, a1bert said:

Strange, I must have missed that post (maybe you could link it), because I only saw the dozens of posts where you said it was going to be an Endor small-box. :P

Wrong on both accounts. ;)

Me?  You must be getting rusty, a1.  ;)

I had constantly argued against an Endor smallbox, mostly for storyline purposes.  Of course, I did make predictions based on the assumption of it being an Endor smallbox, since that seemed to be the most popular guess at the time, but I really thought an Endor box would be awkward and difficult to implement.

If you really need links (again, where you been, buddy?), here's a few I managed to round up for ya from this thread alone:

5/3/2017

I like to think that it was an Endor pack, but then they read my posts on why Endor is a kind of terrible setting for IA and decided to do something else entirely.  

But I probably give myself too much credit.  :P

3/30/2017

When asked "(does anyone seriously think it won't be Endorsed next?!?)" by @ellhaynes

Pleased to meet you.  :P

I'm expecting DSII/Imperial Fleet over Endor.

And even when I conceded the possibility of Endor, I was skeptical:

3/31/2017

Heroes and villains usually have some connection to the wave that they're in.  Lando was in Bespin, Boba in Twin Shadows, Jedi Luke in Jabba's Realm, etc.  If the next wave is anything to do with Endor (be it actually on Endor, or on the DSII, or the Imperial Fleet, or some combination of all of the above) Ackbar is a familiar name associated with that battle.

But yeah, I was totally wrong about the smallbox thing.  And it's not like I correctly predicted Coruscant, either.  :P

Edited by subtrendy

If you list both "yes, an Endor box", and "no, not an Endor box", you can't lose, but you can't win either. :D

You even have a poll at BGG expecting a small-box, although I admit that I read too much into you agreeing that it could be an Endor box. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1734204/speculation-small-box-announcement-possibly-coming

Just poking fun at you of course.

Edited by a1bert

8 minutes ago, a1bert said:

If you list both "yes, an Endor box", and "no, not an Endor box", you can't lose, but you can't win either. :D

You even have a poll at BGG expecting a small-box, although I admit that I read too much into you agreeing that it could be an Endor box. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1734204/speculation-small-box-announcement-possibly-coming

Just poking fun at you of course.

Yep, and in that poll (created in February) I listed Endor DSII combo.  I had been a little swayed by the Endor crowd at that point, thought it'd be a good compromise- I believe it was there (or a similar poll) that I clarified that the majority of the campaign would be DSII, with maybe a finale at Endor.  Still, looking back now  I couldn't see that working either- what if the Endor finale was played as a side mission right after Aftermath in the core campaign?  :P

I mean, regardless I was wrong about DSII.  

But yeah, just can't ever make a1 happy...  ;)

Edited by subtrendy

Someone in one of these threads made a comment a while back about how cool it'd be to have an urban warfare based expansion. Much later, I made a comment that "martial law" would be a cool Imperial class deck for an urban-based expansion. I'd like to know who originally posted that (too lazy to go looking) because they were the one with the force vision. Then again, there were about a million different guesses, so someone was bound to get it. Just like I know there's a Snoke theory out there that is right, one of them has to be. It might have been an FFG spy. Perhaps they infiltrated the forums and planted the seeds of an Urban warfare campaign months ago as a type of subliminal messaging:)

From the article:

"highly replayable campaign of sixteen missions that explore every level of the world, from its glistening halls of power to its grimy underworld alleys."

also

"Now the streets of Coruscant lie before them, below them, behind and above them, as do all the mysteries they contain."

What that this Below  and underworld alleys  mean? Are we going to have some tiles that will be completely different from the previous expansions?

Would like to see some pictures of tiles (except those two from the article)

19 minutes ago, AleksDj said:

From the article:

"highly replayable campaign of sixteen missions that explore every level of the world, from its glistening halls of power to its grimy underworld alleys."

also

"Now the streets of Coruscant lie before them, below them, behind and above them, as do all the mysteries they contain."

What that this Below  and underworld alleys  mean? Are we going to have some tiles that will be completely different from the previous expansions?

Would like to see some pictures of tiles (except those two from the article)

Remember, in the core set there were 4 archetypes of tiles- desert, forest, Imp interior, and merc interior (not sure if those were the exact names, but close enough).

Now, we've seen expansions riff off of these tiles a little bit- for instance, Bespin made really good use of having its pieces connect to many of the merc interior, with some connecting to Imp interior as well.  The Bespin tiles themselves really didn't quite fit into any of the original archetypes, but they were still pretty able to seamlessly transition with them.

I'd imagine the higher levels of Coruscant will be more brightly decorated, while the lower levels will be more poor.  At first glance, I'd think that the higher levels will play more off the Imp tiles, while the lower ones will utilize more of the merc ones.  But that's just my guess.

3 hours ago, brettpkelly said:

Not everyone was on the Endor train ;)

I must admit I was, but only for one mission before I hoped they would do a DS2 Infiltration campaign.

That said, Coruscant is such a huge potential avenue for stories and missions that I'm pretty stoked to see what those 16 missions will bring to the table...

I admit the only thing that seemed harder to pull off from a story standpoint than "Why the heck would the Rebels EVER go BACK to Hoth?" would have to be "What are they gonna do on Endor, other than blow up the shield generator?"

That said, I could still see a small box split between Dagobah and Endor, with the Battle of Endor as the finale. Yoda is the only major OT character left without a figure. 

On 5/5/2017 at 2:43 PM, a1bert said:

She's a Wookiee. :D

I just want to know what evidence I missed? Honestly. I think I read the article and didn't see any female references. And I took lots of close up pics and saw grenades on a bandolier. I caught that Murne is female and that's a common miss.  Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be awesome to have a female wookiee! Chewie's wife would be even more awesome! I just want to know where the info was :)

I caught that Murne is female and that's a common miss.

10 minutes ago, a1bert said:

Nothing much. I have heard from a reliable source that her gender is to be vague but female. (Ponytails and braids can be worn by males too.)

I'm glad we're getting more variety for genders as well as types.

Gotcha. I just thought it was kind of an ironic play on dwarves from warcraft or another fantasy type theme. You know, a dwarf or gnome sapper but instead it's a giant Wookiee ;) so the idea of a beard pulled into a tip and long hair didn't seem feminine to me as much as dwarf or gnomish (the goggles and grenades really made me wonder too) but I can see the character being female too. That'll be really cool.

Kinda makes you wonder- we all assumed Gaarkhan was male- and I assume that there may be some pronouns dropped in his mission- but having never even played that mission, I guess I cannot say for certain.

Right. We know that Shortatha is a he, and Gaarkhan has a brother, but otherwise I could not see any reference one way or another. (Checked Gaarkhan's command card, the mission card, and PBF mission play of Indebted.)

Edit: actually, Indebted seems to say "Gaarkhan follows along, releasing other captives in the wake of his rampaging comrade. [Shortatha]". I just seemed to have misread that when I looked at the PBF.

Edited by a1bert

On 5/8/2017 at 9:11 PM, Masterchiefspiff said:

I just want to know what evidence I missed? Honestly. I think I read the article and didn't see any female references. And I took lots of close up pics and saw grenades on a bandolier. I caught that Murne is female and that's a common miss.  Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be awesome to have a female wookiee! Chewie's wife would be even more awesome! I just want to know where the info was :)

I caught that Murne is female and that's a common miss.

All I have to say is: "Nice Detonators"

34517818756_267aa960d6_q.jpg

Note: thanks for the pic Master Chief Calvin ( I mean Spiff)

Edit: cause the detonators sort look like boobs:) 

Sorry hope no one is offended with my stupid humor. If there are any female wookies out there I apologize in advance, please don't tear my arms off.

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo
funny

13 hours ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Hera, Chopper, Jawa and droids have been updated today to the "shipping now" status! I wonder when my pre-order will ship to me?

Weren't they already Shipping?

They're slated to come out today, hopefully they aren't just now shipping.

Edited by subtrendy