FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

Today is SoR release day, which according to my LGS is a bit of a disaster as they were shorted by about half of what they were supposed to get.. according to the forums they weren't the only ones. Pre-orders all over the internet are being shorted. While they hype/play damage control, I don't think we will see anything IA related until next week when our next wave releases.

But either way, May the 4th be with you everyone!

Edited by FrogTrigger

1 hour ago, FrogTrigger said:

But either way, May the 4th be with you everyone!

Absolutely!  

Anybody doing anything special for May 4th?  

I don't have any Star Wars games planned, but I started reading Life Debt this morning.

Also, I'm going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 tonight- kinda feel a little dirty about that, but am nonetheless excited!

30 minutes ago, subtrendy said:

Absolutely!  

Anybody doing anything special for May 4th?  

I don't have any Star Wars games planned, but I started reading Life Debt this morning.

Also, I'm going to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 tonight- kinda feel a little dirty about that, but am nonetheless excited!

We are going to see guardians of the galaxy vol 2 tonight as well. So don't feel bad about that.

May the 4th agenda:

Before work: Download "the force Unleashed 1 and 2" from Xbox store

(Long) Lunch time: Play TFU

After work: Play with Galactic Hero's or have matchbox-SW dogfights with kid

After kids bedtime: Play one round of Battlefront then watch Rogue One with wife

After wife's bedtime: Continue painting Weequay Pirates

As needed: Check in on community forums/May the 4th news and deals

First thought - yeah! Yippee! Hooray! Finally!

second thought - wow, not Endor then... didn't see that coming....

third - hmmm....definitely a Rebels tie-in, with "former" Sith Maul, and the at-dp

fourth - another Wookiee hero, interesting to double up on Wookiee before looking at some of the other races (sullustans)

Fifth - does this mean IA has shifted to a Q3/ Q1 cycle maybe? 

Super happy overall! And lots to talk about. Just really, really hope they meet the release schedule....

So Q3 is technically July/August/Sept.. if we pick the middle month puts this at an August release.. which is two months after the release we saw last summer. Could be pretty tight for them to fit in the next boxed expansion by Christmas :/ More than likely it will be a Q1 2018 release.. unless they've got a log jam they've been waiting to release.

Or... wait for it... the App is our Christmas release so they decided to space the boxes out to late summer/spring versus early Summer/Winter?

On 5/3/2017 at 11:03 AM, FrogTrigger said:

So that means we are missing SKU SWI46, 47, 48 and 49. Which leads us to assume that we have 4 SWI SKUs still coming that are already filled.

The ally/villain packs (actually they are all villain packs according to the article) are SW47-49 and I'm assuming that the HoE expansion is SW 46. So there's you're missing codes.

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo
wrong numbers:)

58 minutes ago, ellhaynes said:

fourth - another Wookiee hero, interesting to double up on Wookiee before looking at some of the other races 

Did they say he's a Wookie? I think he might be something else but can't be sure. Even if he is a Wookie, he'd be the first wookie hero. The rest are allies....and don't get played all that much in campaign.

Wow. I sure do love being wrong. Was not expecting a big box. Kind of disappointed that they are leaning in to the cartoons, as they aren't really my thing, and it's odd that there's no Jedi hero on the Force-focused campaign. But still very happy to see them doing something unexpected with this.

My guess is that we're getting the big box now because the app may be all we get this winter.

4 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

Did they say he's a Wookie? I think he might be something else but can't be sure. Even if he is a Wookie, he'd be the first wookie hero. The rest are allies....and don't get played all that much in campaign.

I dunno that name looks pretty Wookieish to.. as does Ghaarkan.. ;)

I just noticed that the subtitle for the new wookie hero (poor forgotten Ghaarkan :P)  is "Demolitions Expert", which is pretty cool and also something I've seen asked for a few times on these boards.  I wonder how they'll design the gameplay around that theme?  More blast/other area-of-effect damage?  We haven't really seen that since Fenn in the core set.  Maybe some kind of bomb token that you can plant that explodes at the end of the round?

Edit: Does this give the rebels a "heavy weapons" figure in skirmish?  To be honest I couldn't even tell you whether that comes with any useful command cards or not.

Edited by ManateeX

1 minute ago, ManateeX said:

I just noticed that the subtitle for the new wookie hero (poor forgotten Ghaarkan :P)  is "Demolitions Expert", which is pretty cool and also something I've seen asked for a few times on these boards.  I wonder how they'll design the gameplay around that theme?  More blast/other area-of-effect damage?  We haven't really seen that since Fenn in the core set.  Maybe some kind of bomb token that you can plant that explodes at the end of the round?

Ha, oh yeah. Ghaarkan. In my excitement I totally forgot about him:)

6 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

Edit: Does this give the rebels a "heavy weapons" figure in skirmish?  To be honest I couldn't even tell you whether that comes with any useful command cards or not.

Yea I think those are all good suggestions. This gives us what we were just asking for which is more wookie and heavy weapons.. combined! Somebody called this in another thread but I can't remember who..

This hero would be neat if he could attach bombs to people, like throw a bomb on a hostile figure and at the end of the round it explodes. Would really make the opposition re think where they position their troops.

I was fooling around with a vehicles/heavy weapons list the other night. HW cards are:

• Maximum Firepower (Double Special Action for +4 DMG - Cost 3)
  • Lock On (Apply +3 Accuracy, -1 DODGE or -1 EVADE - Cost 2)
  • Expensive Weaponry (Add Blast 1 - Cost 1, can have up to 2 in your hand)
  • General Sorin's card that lets you interrupt w/ 3 attacks w/ Double Special Action - Cost 3
  • Targeting Network (Reroll 1 ATK Die, when discarded Droids can surge to redraw the card - Cost 0)

I'd love to see if we get some new HW cards in this box to go with Bombardier Wookie. I wonder if they'll be cards that add some of the new attack tokens for a figure.

2 hours ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

She's a Wookiee. :D