FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

17 hours ago, Strawhat said:

New raid mode today.

But that pales in comparison to the confirmation that new physical product will not be coming due to "business reasons."

Where was that indicated?

1 hour ago, FrogTrigger said:

Anyone know the time stamp for the IA discussion?

25:27.

Having finally found and watch that part, it seems obvious that there would be legal trouble if he talked about it in any more detail.  He shuts down and says “business reason.”  Given the tone in the rest of the Q&A, he wouldn’t be doing that if he had a choice.

15 hours ago, Master Wang said:

25:27.

Having finally found and watch that part, it seems obvious that there would be legal trouble if he talked about it in any more detail.  He shuts down and says “business reason.”  Given the tone in the rest of the Q&A, he wouldn’t be doing that if he had a choice.

Just watched the section in the stream about Imperial Assault, and that is certainly disappointing that, at least for the foreseeable, no new larger physical products are being made. It is, however, encouraging that the app will continue to be supported with new modes of play. I would love to play the Raid Modes, but I can't get my hands on the gamemats (shakes fist to sky)!

As much as I love Imperial Assault and as much as it bums me out that more won't be made any time soon, I do agree with Andrew to a certain point that the line has had a full life. There are so many expansions, figures, mats, and modes of play that I would say it's had a good life. Plus, I think the app allows them as developers to try and experiment with new modes of play that will keep some of the player-base satisfied and use those learnings into future creative endeavors. I do hope that they will be able to continue printing and releasing the other expansion content, like @DelGriffen mentioned.

"We only have so much bandwidth and we want to focus on the things that are exciting us in the moment."

This is the key line right there. This makes me think it has nothing to do with licensing, it simply boils down to the fact that they want to throw their full support into Legion. Imperial Assault draws resources as we've discussed in the other thread, it's a miniatures game in part, it's directly competing with Legion internally and maybe even externally in the playerbase.

IA is a casualty of Legion. For Legion to succeed they needed the resources that were already dedicated to developing physical product for IA. And that is business.

1 hour ago, FrogTrigger said:

"We only have so much bandwidth and we want to focus on the things that are exciting us in the moment."

This is the key line right there. This makes me think it has nothing to do with licensing, it simply boils down to the fact that they want to throw their full support into Legion. Imperial Assault draws resources as we've discussed in the other thread, it's a miniatures game in part, it's directly competing with Legion internally and maybe even externally in the playerbase.

IA is a casualty of Legion. For Legion to succeed they needed the resources that were already dedicated to developing physical product for IA. And that is business.

I think you're probably right, but if that is indeed the case, would it have killed them to do one more wave with Yoda, Zuckuss and 4-LOM, and Scout Bikes (or just Scout Troopers)? That would have basically completed the game, particularly if an Endor campaign box accompanied it, though that's less necessary... those are the three things that nearly everyone identifies as being missing from the game.

(Yeah, OK, you can think of more if you try - Rogue One characters, Rex, probably about a trillion obscure no-recognition characters from various off-spins or comics or whatever; but Yoga and co are just missing, the game is incomplete without them).

I totally get it if they've decided to throw resources on Legion, but could they really not be bothered to do just one more wave? Would three more IA Ally/Villain Packs really have doomed the whole Legion game to failure? Would that really have killed them? Did they care about this so little? It's always a shame when the fans care more for something than the creators do.

So I'd prefer to choose to believe that some evil nasty lawyers at Disney or Hasbro decided to pull a d*ck move because they've got to justify their pay cheque somehow. It's a more comforting narrative (lawyers are evil, news at eleven) than that game designers just stopped caring about something that we care about so much.

@FrogTrigger gets it. Anyone else who genuine believes this was anyone’s fault but FFG is seriously deluded.

I’m sorry the game is losing its support. I would love more content.

but the simple fact is my collection at home will get played for campaign long after FFG stopped making things for me to buy.

I’m out. 

Was fun while it lasted. Catch you all on the flip side.

I am *still* not interested in Legion.

I'm just hoping they keep printing IA for a while yet so I can finish my collection.

It's a shame they've thrown IA under the bus just to focus on Legion sales.

I'm still heavily into XW, Armada and FFGs other board games but as for ground combat - I'm trying Kill Team for the first time tomorrow - and I haven't played any GW stuff for 7 years and never thought I would again (I played 40k from 1st edition to the 6th).

Edited by Gallanteer