FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

So, a thought occurred to me and I’m sure the answer is no, but;

playtesters. You know who you are.

i assume NDAs are in place, but can you even speak up if you are currently playtesting something?

im not asking specifics about mechanics, characters or even format.

but just a, “yes, we have stuff we’re testing” or “no, we’ve not been given anything at the moment” would just give the rest of us some hope or insight.

Or just a, “im a play tester and I can’t tell you anything” would at least be a semblance of communication

On 2/2/2019 at 4:07 AM, Majushi said:

i assume NDAs are in place, but can you even speak up if you are currently playtesting something?

Playtesters are allowed to confirm that they playtest for FFG, but can't specify what project(s) they're working on.

(I'm not an IA playtester)

On 2/1/2019 at 10:07 PM, Majushi said:

im not asking specifics about mechanics, characters or even format.

but just a, “yes, we have stuff we’re testing” or “no, we’ve not been given anything at the moment” would just give the rest of us some hope or insight.

Or just a, “im a play tester and I can’t tell you anything” would at least be a semblance of communication

*Starts paying special attention to everyone's blinking patterns...

But yeah, I've signed plenty of NDAs with video game companies, and they're pretty specific, I'd seriously doubt there's room for any sort of "wink wink" action.  Which makes sense- you wouldn't want people to have unmitigated control over information that your company hasn't even announced yet.

7 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

*Starts paying special attention to everyone's blinking patterns...

But yeah, I've signed plenty of NDAs with video game companies, and they're pretty specific, I'd seriously doubt there's room for any sort of "wink wink" action.  Which makes sense- you wouldn't want people to have unmitigated control over information that your company hasn't even announced yet.

Which I get, yeah. But a person under NDA must be able to at least admit they are under an NDA? Right?

So if someone is a playtester for IA, and subject to a current NDA. Area they allowed tell me?

8 hours ago, Majushi said:

So if someone is a playtester for IA, and subject to a current NDA. Area they allowed tell me?

That depends on the actual NDA contract, really. One reason to keep it secret (in general - not as important in game content development) is to reduce the risk of targeted pressure and corruption attempts aimed at contractors. In FFG's example, I suspect they just like to be in control. (Which there are good reasons for wanting).

The NDAs are usually pretty specific.  I'm certain that the AI one is pretty similar.  I doubt the playtesters can even legally tell us who they are!  You could go through the campaign books and pester people who have their name under playtesting credits, but I don't think they would appreciate that in the slightest.

2 hours ago, MadFuhrer said:

The NDAs are usually pretty specific.  I'm certain that the AI one is pretty similar.  I doubt the playtesters can even legally tell us who they are!  You could go through the campaign books and pester people who have their name under playtesting credits, but I don't think they would appreciate that in the slightest.

The NDAs that I've been a part of in video gaming have usually been pretty consistent in saying that you cannot say anything about the project or your participation in it at all before the product is publicly on shelves. After that, you can reveal yourself as being privy to some information or playtesting, but can't reveal anything specific about the process itself.  So yeah, I'd imagine this is a pretty dead end. 

I might also friendly suggest dropping the subject, because regardless of the fact that I'm sure everyone has good intentions, this could be seen as a subtle attempt to get a playtester to privately message you, which could be bad news for both parties.

Edited by subtrendy2

Yeah, that is a pretty sweet mini for Sabine.

Armada got an article too, good for them.  It looks like it’ll be a fun game mode they’re adding.  I have no interest in Armada but I would definitely watch a batrep of that mode.

Edited by Uninvited Guest

18 minutes ago, Spidey NZ said:

Are the minis for legion 'way too big' for IA?  i wouldn't mind alternate sculpts for bossk, sabine, MHD, gideon

I mean... I guess they are bigger but really we've seen some figure creep over the years. Riot troopers versus original troopers, thrawn versus imperial officers.

I don't think you would be able to notice that big of a difference, just use a smaller base. I know there are some on this board who have swapped out minis.

42 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

I mean... I guess they are bigger but really we've seen some figure creep over the years. Riot troopers versus original troopers, thrawn versus imperial officers.

I don't think you would be able to notice that big of a difference, just use a smaller base. I know there are some on this board who have swapped out minis.

cool, ill give it a try, might have some spare legion cards in the future