FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

17 hours ago, sheriffharry said:

Considering LEGION, just my 2 cents: at the local hobby store, ALL packs are heavily discounted.. possibly because the game isn't selling.

(There is a healthy Imperial Assault Skirmish community in town)

Concerning Imperial Assault: Will there be a "next wave" of an Imperial Assault big box and/or blister packs in 2019?
Opinions welcomed, but even better would be some "inside info" from those in the know!

Personally, I would be happy with just a new "app" campaign, but an Endor or Rogue One box would make me ecstatic.

Just my opinion and observation, but it looks like getting one boxed expansion with blister wave and one app update per year has taken the place of the two boxed expansions we used to get. That's the highest I'm going to raise my hopes in 2019. Anything else would be bonus, whether it be an additional blister wave, a 2nd app update, some paid DLC for the app, or something else.  I'm hoping for a big box, perhaps one that just covers the Outer Rim or Unknown Regions at large and could incorporate R1, Endor, Dagobah and any other loose ends from the original trilogy. 

To be honest, I think IA has a fairly high replayabilty value between expansion campaigns and the app. One big box, one wave of blisters and an app update would be fine for me as it saves me money, but still adds new things.

I hope there’s an announcement soon, even just to tease the next box. Not sure where I would want it to go though, perhaps Rogue One is an interesting concept.

Once time i was here all fridays expecting news for IA. By now i prefer just new campaigns than full boxes since there is no much stuff left i want. I must say sorry but i'm on the "Legion news boat" now hahaha love this one as same as IA, but the models looks better (and i love to paint so...).

6 hours ago, naitsirk said:

but the models looks better (and i love to paint so...).

Last time I checked, the Legion models look the same as the IA-models since Bespin Gambit, given that they obviously use the same digital assets, as exemplified by the Stormtrooper-sculpts, with the only difference being that the Legion models are (sometimes)a bit larger and generally a bit bulkier.

Some of the legion minis look okay, but really I think Boba looks bad, Han looks bad. The trooper squads seem very overloaded with stuff. I dig the scout stormies though and krennic looks cool as well.

19 hours ago, Soontirbeblownup said:

Nearly bought a legion boba fett the other day. Stopped myself as they won’t learn we want more ia stuff if we buy legion to fill the void!

another Friday goes by in a moment of hope beaten flat by the disappointment of reality!

I bought one for use in IA.  Now that I think about it, maybe I'll wait till they realize Legion is a lost cause before I buy anymore for use in Imperial Assault.

Tyrants of Lothal was the last campaign based announcement for FFG (we've had skirmish maps and skirmish prize kits since then), or however we want to word this.. physical content that involves figures? lol. It was announced on April 13th, 2018. Today is Jan. 3rd 2019. I am wondering how close we get to the 1 year mark before an announcement is made. Worlds is end of March, perhaps we will get pretty **** close?

I'm really interested to see what is next. Some things I've been thinking about:

1) Heart of the Empire app (Return of the Flight of the Empire's Heart). Sure we still need one for Hoth and all the little boxes, but I'd really like one for HotE.

2) Any box expansion (Rogue One, Madalorian themed, Some sort of heist theme, anything really)

3) A Sequel era core set (app driven at release).

22 minutes ago, FrogTrigger said:

Tyrants of Lothal was the last campaign based announcement for FFG (we've had skirmish maps and skirmish prize kits since then), or however we want to word this.. physical content that involves figures? lol. It was announced on April 13th, 2018. Today is Jan. 3rd 2019. I am wondering how close we get to the 1 year mark before an announcement is made. Worlds is end of March, perhaps we will get pretty **** close?

I have to say that although I avoid the "end is nigh" discussions I do feel it is ominous that there are not even even any reprints in the upcoming queue after the current round (Greedo etc.) which means no restocks for many months which in turn means that stocks and shelf presence is likely to disappear in lot of FLGSs and online stores.

Hoping for at least some extra content for the App.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Zerker said:

I have to say that although I avoid the "end is nigh" discussions I do feel it is ominous that there are not even even any reprints in the upcoming queue after the current round (Greedo etc.) which means no restocks for many months which in turn means that stocks and shelf presence is likely to disappear in lot of FLGSs and online stores.

I wouldn’t worry about that.  I haven’t seen reprints for IA in that list for a long time with the exception of anything that was part of the most recent wave at the time.  But they always got restocked anyway.

EDIT: Looking now, though: I do see Mual and Ahsoka are in “In Stores” status and Greedo is shipping.  So to clarify my point the reprints on the upcoming list aren’t necessarily a great barometer for the health of the game. 

Edited by Uninvited Guest

It seems early, but now that the holiday season is over we're already starting to see new product announcements.  

And two years ago, we had a wave announcement as early as January 13th.

Let the season of disappointment begin!

(seriously though, I wouldn't expect anything at all, but even then I'd say we're looking at April at the earliest).

23 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

It seems early, but now that the holiday season is over we're already starting to see new product announcements.  

And two years ago, we had a wave announcement as early as January 13th.

Let the season of disappointment begin!

(seriously though, I wouldn't expect anything at all, but even then I'd say we're looking at April at the earliest).

Given that the last we heard was not even play testing anything I’d say we’d be lucky to get anything at all this year. Cynical? Yes. Hint of reality? Possibly

I don't think the game is 'dead', I believe with the App around there will be a recycling of IA parts (and thus a re stocking of physical products to supply the app content) for a few years to come. I am mostly speaking about Physical content here. We've had an app, and some skirmish stuff, over the past year. But what about a piece of physical game. Blister wave, expansion.. etc.. curious how long we go before we see that.

9 minutes ago, robertpolson said:

- Battle for Endor with Yoda and Scout Troopers (speeder bikes)

- Rogue One

- Fixes to make old figures playable - (e.g., RG Champion.)

- More campaigns with existing content.

I will be content. 

There's enough stuff in R1 to build a box and some blisters I suppose but how would you do this without just rehashing the movie? It would have to be before or concurrent with R1. The tough thing there is how do you bring these various factions together in a story that is complimentary with the movie but not conflicting with. Ie. Jyn and Cassian hadn't met before R1, presumable Cassian hasn't been to Jedha and hasn't met Baze and Chirrut etc. Also, what generic figures does R1 bring: Shore troopers, Death Troopers (already released), Partisans...

Maybe they could do a Jedha campaign that could invlove Saw Gerrera and his Partisans, Baze, Chirrut and the Guardians of the Whills, Imperials of course (maybe a new tank?) plus the new IA heroes. In this case they could even introduce Jyn, Cassain and K2 in the late campaign as they do stuff that might have occurred off-screen just before the city is lost.

Side thought, how about a two pack of Imperial Security Droids (similar to K2) and provide a card that allows one to be used alternatively as K2S0?  i.e. the box would have both an imperial card and a rebel card. 

1 hour ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

There's enough stuff in R1 to build a box and some blisters I suppose but how would you do this without just rehashing the movie? It would have to be before or concurrent with R1. The tough thing there is how do you bring these various factions together in a story that is complimentary with the movie but not conflicting with. Ie. Jyn and Cassian hadn't met before R1, presumable Cassian hasn't been to Jedha and hasn't met Baze and Chirrut etc. Also, what generic figures does R1 bring: Shore troopers, Death Troopers (already released), Partisans...

Maybe they could do a Jedha campaign that could invlove Saw Gerrera and his Partisans, Baze, Chirrut and the Guardians of the Whills, Imperials of course (maybe a new tank?) plus the new IA heroes. In this case they could even introduce Jyn, Cassain and K2 in the late campaign as they do stuff that might have occurred off-screen just before the city is lost.

Side thought, how about a two pack of Imperial Security Droids (similar to K2) and provide a card that allows one to be used alternatively as K2S0?  i.e. the box would have both an imperial card and a rebel card. 

Interesting idea! I personally think it would be interesting if we saw an expansion that takes place following Return of the Jedi, as the Empire scrambles to regroup as the war reaches it's endgame. Then you have an opportunity to start introducing new characters/locations that link up to the Sequel Trilogy or that play a big role near the end of the war, like Crait, Kashyyyk, or Sullust.

With a Cassian Andor series in the works for D+, I think the viability of getting R1 content just went way up.  Hoping that series will have some crossover with characters from Solo as well (e.g. Qira, Enfys Nest) to increase possibility of seeing some content from there.  And The Mandalorian should drive some post-RotJ content without delving into Sequel Trilogy territory.  'Course given Disney's release schedule for these (fall), I'd guess we won't see content for any of the new shows till next year.  But they could certainly tap R1 & Solo sooner.

5 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

I would be shocked if we don't see R1 content in IA.

I would argue that Death Troopers are R1 content, but yeah I totally agree that IA is very R1 (or vice versa). I remember the first time I saw the movie in the theatre and Cassian delivers his line: "We've all done terrible things on behalf of the rebellion, spies, saboteurs, assassins...". Anyways between the line and the group of rebels in the background it struck me as very IA. 

19 minutes ago, VadersMarchKazoo said:

I would argue that Death Troopers are R1 content, but yeah I totally agree that IA is very R1 (or vice versa). I remember the first time I saw the movie in the theatre and Cassian delivers his line: "We've all done terrible things on behalf of the rebellion, spies, saboteurs, assassins...". Anyways between the line and the group of rebels in the background it struck me as very IA. 

Rogue One is basically what would happen if you managed to entwine a massive game that incorporated Legion, Armada, and Imperial Assault all interacting with each other on different tables.

I'm just sayin', I'd buy hard into both of those other games if that were ever to get an official release.