FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

7 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

Ahsoka is taking care of force-sensitive children in a place well-hidden from the Emperor until he is defeated and she returns, teaming up with Sabine to go find Ezra, which will likely take them deep into the unknown regions. Maul is dead.

He's been dead before.  Besides, lots of people we have figs for are dead.

I can't think of that many non unique imperials they have not already put in that would make a great deal of sense including at this point. There are scout troopers, maybe imperial technicians of some sort? Some imperial K-2SO droids for a Rogue One expansion maybe? But there are planty of uniques though for blister pack waves. But at this point I have a lot of tiles, tokens and miniatures to store and I'm not in a hurry to add to them.

I'm mainly hoping for some more app campaigns. One that made use of the Return to Hoth, Heart of the Empire or Bespin Gambit  tiles would be great, though I'd be happy with another one just using the core tiles. Or some new campaign booklets that use the just the core or one of the expansions tiles. Another Hoth campaign would be great, as you are sort of locked into the Boon and Bane side missions, so replay value is not as good as the other long campaigns. The campaigns have gotten more creative since Hoth as well. 

3 hours ago, coogee78 said:

I can't think of that many non unique imperials they have not already put in that would make a great deal of sense including at this point. There are scout troopers, maybe imperial technicians of some sort? Some imperial K-2SO droids for a Rogue One expansion maybe? But there are planty of uniques though for blister pack waves. But at this point I have a lot of tiles, tokens and miniatures to store and I'm not in a hurry to add to them.

I'm mainly hoping for some more app campaigns. One that made use of the Return to Hoth, Heart of the Empire or Bespin Gambit  tiles would be great, though I'd be happy with another one just using the core tiles. Or some new campaign booklets that use the just the core or one of the expansions tiles. Another Hoth campaign would be great, as you are sort of locked into the Boon and Bane side missions, so replay value is not as good as the other long campaigns. The campaigns have gotten more creative since Hoth as well. 

I agree with you.  At this point it is just more plastic for the skirmish players and a regular shake up of the meta.  I already don't like the trend of adding more mechanics to the game that we've seen in the last two expansions.  I too would rather see more app campaigns.  I very much enjoyed the Jabba's realm campaign.  At this point there are still many heroes I've yet to even try, so there is still a good deal of replay-ability for me, since it can take weeks, or months for me to return for another campaign.   Anyway, how different is a K2SO from a Sentry Droid?  At this level of granularity, not much, except for having some Rogue One related flavor text ability.  It's just more plastic.   And, returning to wanting more app campaigns, they are great because the app can modify any units abilities to keep them relevant, something that doesn't happen with the printed campaigns.   I have no doubt we are going to see an Endor box at some point.  I think we will get Scout Troopers, but it will be interesting how the differentiate them from the many troops we have already.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:50 AM, Pollux85 said:

I think we pretty much lost any chance of getting a R1 themed box when we got the Death Troopers with ToL, but we could still see a blister pack. 

Yeah...

I guess there are the "Shore Troopers" and "Tank Troopers", but I mean... well, I'm all for more no matter what it is, but Death Troopers seemed like the obvious pull for Rogue One. Though, I guess they did technically see more action in Rebels.

Image result for rogue one trooper types

In my opinion, Solo introduced more interesting stuff.  The Mud Trooper, as well as the regular Imperial Army troopers seen on Mimban, are stuff I'd love to have.  Range Troopers seem kinda gimmicky, but their design is pretty neat too.

Can't say the Patrol troopers seem necessary, particularly when we already have the riot troopers.  Well, unless they come mounted on a bike or speeder.

Image result for solo trooper types

I very much disagree with us losing out on a R1 expansion just because Death Troopers already came out. Shore Troopers are more thematic to R1 than DT were IMO.

There is still so much content that a R1 box could give us.. we've already done this a few times but here we go:

Rebel packs: Jyn, Cassian/K-S20, Chirrut/Baze
Merc: Saw Gerrara
Empire: Krennic

Small box expansion with Scarif beach tiles, Shore Troopers for empire, Two Tubes for Mercs.

The expansion pretty much writes itself. Have some Scarif and Jedha would be two very iconic spots to visit.

2 hours ago, FrogTrigger said:

I very much disagree with us losing out on a R1 expansion just because Death Troopers already came out. Shore Troopers are more thematic to R1 than DT were IMO.

There is still so much content that a R1 box could give us.. we've already done this a few times but here we go:

Small box expansion with Scarif beach tiles, Shore Troopers for empire, Two Tubes for Mercs.

The expansion pretty much writes itself. Have some Scarif and Jedha would be two very iconic spots to visit.

You totally need to include Dr. Evizan/Ponda Baba as Scum figures.  I realize they just have a cameo in R1 and in ANH, but still, so iconic.  Arguably more so than 4LOM & Zuckuss (though I want them, too).  And if you want a Creature for Scum, what about the one that Saw interrogates Bodhi with?

1 hour ago, bill_andel said:

You totally need to include Dr. Evizan/Ponda Baba as Scum figures.  I realize they just have a cameo in R1 and in ANH, but still, so iconic.  Arguably more so than 4LOM & Zuckuss (though I want them, too).  And if you want a Creature for Scum, what about the one that Saw interrogates Bodhi with?

Zuckuss and 4-LOM have comics outside the films, and books, that Dr. Evizan and Ponda Baba don't have.  Many a hardcore Star Wars fan who grew up playing the various tabletop RPGs of the 80s, like WEG, and reading Marvel and Dark Horse comics have a greater attachment to those two.  It's like Bossk and IG-88, who share equal time with Zuckuss and 4_LOM but are wildly popular characters.  Certain characters I wouldn't want, even though they had a cameo, like Ephant Mon who is almost as bad a character name and character as Therm Scissorpunch.  I would say I wouldn't mind an Aqualish, but we have one, and I like Onar.   Give me an Aurra Sing.  Before Disney wrung out that dreck called Solo from Kathleen Kennedy's soiled hosiery and had Wooden Harrelson declare he killed her, Aurra Sing had been written in Legacy to have survived past the OT.  She would have made a much better villain in a story about crime bosses than caterpillar eyebrows Clarke.  Disney claims to love diversity but they sure do have a thing for pasty white British ladies as their leads.  

Sorry, Bill_andel, that rant was not at all aimed at you.

Edited by Rikalonius

19 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

Zuckuss and 4-LOM have comics outside the films, and books, that Dr. Evizan and Ponda Baba don't have.  Many a hardcore Star Wars fan who grew up playing the various tabletop RPGs of the 80s, like WEG, and reading Marvel and Dark Horse comics have a greater attachment to those two.  It's like Bossk and IG-88, who share equal time with Zuckuss and 4_LOM but are wildly popular characters.  Certain characters I wouldn't want, even though they had a cameo, like Ephant Mon who is almost as bad a character name and character as Therm Scissorpunch.  I would say I wouldn't mind an Aqualish, but we have one, and I like Onar.   Give me an Aurra Sing.  Before Disney wrung out that dreck called Solo from Kathleen Kennedy's soiled hosiery and had Wooden Harrelson declare he killed her, Aurra Sing had been written in Legacy to have survived past the OT.  She would have made a much better villain in a story about crime bosses than caterpillar eyebrows Clarke.  Disney claims to love diversity but they sure do have a thing for pasty white British ladies as their leads.  

Sorry, Bill_andel, that rant was not at all aimed at you.

I appreciate the history lesson, Rikalonius.  Like subtrendy2, I'm enough of a fan boy to buy anything that comes out.  I play mostly campaign, so a bigger variety of figures = a bigger variety of side missions (and - eventually more to paint) .  :-)  But I would like to see the Bad Dr. and his Aqualish sidekick, regardless. 

On 11/23/2018 at 3:26 AM, Fourtytwo said:

Ahsoka is taking care of force-sensitive children in a place well-hidden from the Emperor until he is defeated and she returns, teaming up with Sabine to go find Ezra, which will likely take them deep into the unknown regions. Maul is dead.

I kind of thought that Sabine was going to help Ahsoka open one of those Jedi temple gates, now the Emperor was dead and yank him out of the Star Destroyer just before it jumped...

Edited by coogee78

On 11/26/2018 at 4:32 PM, Rikalonius said:

I agree with you.  At this point it is just more plastic for the skirmish players and a regular shake up of the meta.  I already don't like the trend of adding more mechanics to the game that we've seen in the last two expansions.  I too would rather see more app campaigns.  I very much enjoyed the Jabba's realm campaign.  At this point there are still many heroes I've yet to even try, so there is still a good deal of replay-ability for me, since it can take weeks, or months for me to return for another campaign.   Anyway, how different is a K2SO from a Sentry Droid?  At this level of granularity, not much, except for having some Rogue One related flavor text ability.  It's just more plastic.   And, returning to wanting more app campaigns, they are great because the app can modify any units abilities to keep them relevant, something that doesn't happen with the printed campaigns.   I have no doubt we are going to see an Endor box at some point.  I think we will get Scout Troopers, but it will be interesting how the differentiate them from the many troops we have already.

A fair point with the K2SO droids. Not much point in adding them if they don't play differently to the what is already there. Scout Troopers could be a 3 strength sniping unit, say blue blue +1 accuracy, similar to the Alliance Rangers. HK Assassin Droids sort of have a similar role, but are too expensive for what they bring to the table.   

On 11/27/2018 at 6:31 PM, FrogTrigger said:

Gosh we need a R1 IA expansion so bad...

...just spit-balling here but I really think people would get behind a scoundrel PC mini-campaign set in the early years.  You have loads of early-timeline options from Rogue one and Solo who would be great additions for IA, imagine a campaign where your players are each a scoundrel and you end up having to side with one criminal gang or the other in a branching campaign, through in some anti-imperial heists as well.

Just a tonne of potential.  Can’t believe Legion got Jyn before IA. 😡 

The Rogue One expansion could be based solely on the Jedha planet.

Lotsa stuff there: new Imperials toys and troopers, the market/street fights, the temple and the Guardians of the Whills, the kyber crystal mines, Saw Gerrera's faction and hideout, bounty hunters, a scenario on the Death Star.., obviously the whole crew of the Rogue One as Ally packs.. AND Dr Evazan and Ponda BABA!!

As it is a "desert planet", all the smaller tiles from Tatooine could be reused: win, win,  win!

Edited by sheriffharry

6 hours ago, sheriffharry said:

The Rogue One expansion could be based solely on the Jedha planet.

Lotsa stuff there: new Imperials toys and troopers, the market/street fights, the temple and the Guardians of the Whills, the kyber crystal mines, Saw Gerrera's faction and hideout, bounty hunters, a scenario on the Death Star.., obviously the whole crew of the Rogue One as Ally packs.. AND Dr Evazan and Ponda BABA!!

As it is a "desert planet", all the smaller tiles from Tatooine could be reused: win, win,  win!

My only issue with that is that the Core came with a lot of desert tiles, Twin Shadows came with a lot of desert tiles, Jabba's Realm... more desert tiles.  If we're going to get a Rogue One expansion then some sunny, tropical beaches would be nice.