FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

7 hours ago, buckero0 said:

We could use another Leia (star wars or return of the jedi version)

Yea, right, we could really use that. It'd be a great and much-needed addition to the game. Another new version of a character we already have as a figure in the game.

And if asking for new versions of figures because one wants them in a different outfit from the movies or shows becomes popular, brace yourself for me continuously asking for three new versions of Vader: One Empire Strikes Back-Version because the control panel on his breast was slightly different. One Return of the Jedi-version because the control panel on his breast was slightly different again, and one de-masked Vader. And while we're at it, how about a Return of the Jedi-Version of Boba Fett, because in one of his reaction-shots following the thermal detonator-scene in Jabba's palace they mirrored the shot in editing.

It'd improve the game experience much more than any of the many, many characters we don't yet have figures for…

I can't believe we were able to enjoy the game without a mirrored Boba Fett!

:P

Edited by Fourtytwo

5 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

Yea, right, we could really use that. It'd be a great and much-needed addition to the game. Another new version of a character we already have as a figure in the game.

And if asking for new versions of figures because one wants them in a different outfit from the movies or shows becomes popular, brace yourself for me continuously asking for three new versions of Vader: One Empire Strikes Back-Version because the control panel on his breast was slightly different. One Return of the Jedi-version because the control panel on his breast was slightly different again, and one de-masked Vader. And while we're at it, how about a Return of the Jedi-Version of Boba Fett, because in one of his reaction-shots following the thermal detonator-scene in Jabba's palace they mirrored the shot in editing.

It'd improve the game experience much more than any of the many, many characters we don't yet have figures for…

I can't believe we were able to enjoy the game without a mirrored Boba Fett!

:P

I know you're being sarcastic, but I agree. Luke was an anomaly, because he goes through both a major aesthetic and mechanical change as far as the game is concerned between his farmboy and Jedi days.

I know Leia and Han wear some different outfits and obviously have character development, but I really doubt we'll get new figure packs for them. Like, Han taking on more of a leadership role and switching his shirt isn't quite the same as Luke becoming a Jedi and wielding a lightsaber (even though there was a slight lightsaber mechanic for farmboy Luke, it obviously wasn't his primary weapon at the time).

And to be honest, before Jabba's Realm was announced, I wasn't convinced we'd get an alternate for Luke, either.

6 hours ago, Golan Trevize said:

Ok now we can let this thread die. I started to hate the title when it arrived around to page 60.

I'm kinda amazed that was only last December.

Feels like February-May 2017 was when this thread was most busy, because that was one of the first big deviations from the previous release "formula", with nothing other than the Droids wave announced until HotE was revealed on May 5th weekend.

Guess it's been pretty busy since then, too.

Well, with the news of Diego Luna returning for a Rogue One prequel TV series, he might make a good addition to the game (and I've been saying for a while now that he's the most likely out of the Rogue One crew).

I expect cameos from Enfys too, as well as many others.  

And hey, while we're on topic, The Mandalorian is also coming up.

Seems to me like canon is expanding a lot more quickly than this game.  Really never understood the "we're running out of things in the OT era argument.

yeah, I quite liked Solo (maybe one of the few) and if they wanted to continue any of those threads I suppose they could have it in the Cassian Andor show...  a bit of Enfys Nest, maybe a Solo cameo, some Maul, and I've love to see some of the OT bounty hunters in cameos too like Bossk and Dengar.  Personally, Andor wouldn't have been my first choice but it could be good.  K2SO is fun too.  I hope we get some of that for IA.

On 11/9/2018 at 6:43 PM, Majushi said:

I assume that is from people who are only considering the OT movies only content acceptable...

Probably.

Seems like a pretty arbitrary line in the sand at this point, though.  I get that characters like 4-LOM and Zuckuss are iconic to longtime fans and have had a lot of staying power, but at this point we have characters like Krennic and Enfys Nest that

*shields up*

actually matter in the media that they're in.

Heck, even slightly more obscure characters like Aphra and Sloane have become influential enough to justify their place in this game (seriously, for a comics-only character, Aphra has a relatively huge fanbase).

I think it's kind of silly to dismiss a character just because they're new, and given the content of the past few waves, I don't think that's the IA team's strategy anyway.

By the way Majushi, this is totally not meant as a criticism of your own post.

Edited by subtrendy2

On 11/9/2018 at 7:43 PM, Majushi said:

I assume that is from people who are only considering the OT movies only content acceptable...

I think it's both people with a stick up their butt, and people recognizing there's a guy in the room with a stick up his butt. Let's face it - SW is for everyone, but it has always been somewhat hostile to new things. Just look at what we did to Jake Lloyd. We're maybe the worst fans in pop culture right now.  

I think the SW RPG, video games, and sheer amount of licensing that Lucasfilm did until the sale to Disney has given fans a sense of personal ownership of this world. It's only in the last few years when we have new movies to be the target of our ire that the prequel trilogy has been accepted, even though fans who were 8 - 12 when it was released were always fine with it. 

8 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I get that characters like 4-LOM and Zuckuss are iconic to longtime fans and have had a lot of staying power, but at this point we have characters like Krennic and Enfys Nest that

*shields up*

actually matter in the media that they're in.

Touche. I mean, I personally think "the media they're in" is a load of rubbish, but you're absolutely right that they do at least matter to it. Krennic more so than Enfys Nest, but still.

Mention 4-LOM and Zuckuss to 99% of "people who like Star Wars" (as opposed to "Star Wars fans", as then you'd have to define exactly what that means and good luck with that!) and they'd have literally no idea who they were. Their names aren't even mentioned in the film, they don't speak a single word of dialogue, and they're on-screen for, what, a second? If you explained to someone who they were, sure, a lot of people would go, "ohhhh, those guys?" but that's about it... only a comparatively miniscule number of people have read the books they're in (I haven't, I had to have someone explain to me who they were). I don't have any strong feelings against seeing them in Imperial Assault but I don't understand any fuss that's made about them not being in it.

I thought Rogue One was cobblers, but Krennic, at least, makes for a more recognisable (and better for IA) character than those bounty hunters. Enfys Nest remains utterly pointless IMO (Solo was way beyond cobblers and she was pretty meaningless in it), but yeah, OK, at least her name was mentioned, so... whatever, really.

16 hours ago, Bitterman said:

Touche. I mean, I personally think "the media they're in" is a load of rubbish, but you're absolutely right that they do at least matter to it. Krennic more so than Enfys Nest, but still.

Mention 4-LOM and Zuckuss to 99% of "people who like Star Wars" (as opposed to "Star Wars fans", as then you'd have to define exactly what that means and good luck with that!) and they'd have literally no idea who they were. Their names aren't even mentioned in the film, they don't speak a single word of dialogue, and they're on-screen for, what, a second? If you explained to someone who they were, sure, a lot of people would go, "ohhhh, those guys?" but that's about it... only a comparatively miniscule number of people have read the books they're in (I haven't, I had to have someone explain to me who they were). I don't have any strong feelings against seeing them in Imperial Assault but I don't understand any fuss that's made about them not being in it.

I thought Rogue One was cobblers, but Krennic, at least, makes for a more recognisable (and better for IA) character than those bounty hunters. Enfys Nest remains utterly pointless IMO (Solo was way beyond cobblers and she was pretty meaningless in it), but yeah, OK, at least her name was mentioned, so... whatever, really.

Yeah, I think the ideas of both "Star Wars Fans" and "People Who Have Seen Star Wars" are each so fragmented now already that I understand the struggle of identifying "iconic" characters. I consider myself a fan of canon and Legends, but I'm sure there are characters in both canons that many see as essential and I know very little about.  That's what happens when a franchise spans multiple forms of media, age groups, and just a wealth of material (and it's certainly not all good). 

Obviously YMMV with characters like that. Enfys was, in my opinion, a highlight of Solo and I think there's a good chance she'll play pretty heavily into the new Cassian show (in fact, I'd say a lot of Solo's third act is likely to, if you catch my drift). But I can get someone now liking her or her movie.

Just to clarify, as long as we're getting new content I think everyone is winning. 4-LOM, Zuckuss, Enfys, gungans, whatever. The game is so modular that anything is optional, anyway, so at the very worst you still have the option to buy content that at least one of your players might enjoy.

On 11/12/2018 at 6:51 PM, Bitterman said:

I'd be willing to wager, in the niche market of Star Wars tabletop RPG that if you put out a 4-LOM/Zuckuss 2 pack and you put out anything from Rogue One or Solo, that wasn't already in the OT, that Zuckuss and 4-LOM would outsell them by 2-1.  I have no scientific data to back that up except for poles on these here forums.  The people who pay the money to play this game know who 4-LOM and Zuckuss are, and they want them, the people who like Empty Nest probably don't play Star Wars tabletop RPGs.

2 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

I'd be willing to wager, in the niche market of Star Wars tabletop RPG that if you put out a 4-LOM/Zuckuss 2 pack and you put out anything from Rogue One or Solo, that wasn't already in the OT, that Zuckuss and 4-LOM would outsell them by 2-1.  I have no scientific data to back that up except for poles on these here forums.  The people who pay the money to play this game know who 4-LOM and Zuckuss are, and they want them, the people who like Empty Nest probably don't play Star Wars tabletop RPGs.

I just thought I'd pipe up as a counter example to your last statement there- there are many different types of Star Wars / IA fans, and I have no idea what piece of Star Wars media made 4-LOM/Zuckuss so popular. But you may be right about the first part, because by the sounds of things there are people who would buy 4-LOM/Zuckuss even if they don't play IA.

Personally, I rather like that gungans idea...

59 minutes ago, Gerontius said:

I just thought I'd pipe up as a counter example to your last statement there- there are many different types of Star Wars / IA fans, and I have no idea what piece of Star Wars media made 4-LOM/Zuckuss so popular. But you may be right about the first part, because by the sounds of things there are people who would buy 4-LOM/Zuckuss even if they don't play IA.

Personally, I rather like that gungans idea...

I have nothing against Gungans.  They are a species, not a character, so a Gungan hero would have been fun.  

13 minutes ago, Rikalonius said:

I have nothing against Gungans.  They are a species, not a character, so a Gungan hero would have been fun.  

Haha, and I have nothing against 4-LOM/whatever either.

16 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

I'd say the first part of your statement is probably correct, in that many RPG players are probably old school fans.

But I'm not sure the new canon isn't without its players, either.  I mean, a lot of the new stuff in all FFG lines including the RPG has featured new canon, anyway.

I'd say that it's exciting that today is Friday and anything is possible, but Legion hasn't had a preview in two weeks, so obviously they're due even though we haven't had any significant non-map product articles since August. 

Took this sweet video of myself while posting this, too:

Image result for it's salt gif

Edited by subtrendy2

3 hours ago, Gallanteer said:

I was a bit annoyed that Legion is getting R1 stuff when IA is a perfect fit for a R1 campaign with some sweet tropical map tiles.

I think we pretty much lost any chance of getting a R1 themed box when we got the Death Troopers with ToL, but we could still see a blister pack.