Jump to content
FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

Scout Troopers in Legion look cool, and I don't mean to be picky, but calling them "The Emperor's Finest" in the title seems like an odd choice.

Seriously. They were beaten by teddy bears. 

And I know they are separate games, and that we have plenty of stormtrooper variant figures already, but I can't help but be a little jealous that Legion gets Scout Troopers before we do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drawing upon other parts of the expanded fiction as inspiration, we could see a return of some other Prequel stomping grounds. While the quality of the game is certainly debatable, I enjoyed the Campaign mission in the recent Battlefront where you see an Imperial occupation of Naboo. It would be interesting if we could see some more of those locations visited with a Galactic Civil War twist, like Geonosis (another excuse to use CIS), Mustafar/Sullust, maybe even Kashyyk. It would also be cool if we got to see some brand new locations, never before seen in other media. If they can give it a great hook, it could be something special!

 

Also, I do personally find it funny that you have all these arrogant commanders in charge of Imperial High Command (Weiss, Sorin, Blaise). Military discipline and restraint is clearly not a virtue in the Empire :D. For any new campaigns, it might be wise to stray from that archetype for a little while. I love the lore behind Binary Revolution for IG-88, and it could be cool to see that further developed into it's own storyline.

Edited by Kunitzu San

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

Seriously. They were beaten by teddy bears. 

And I know they are separate games, and that we have plenty of stormtrooper variant figures already, but I can't help but be a little jealous that Legion gets Scout Troopers before we do. 

I’m also very jealous. They look so cool. I would have thought they would have been one of the first Stormtrooper variants that comes to mind when making a board game but 🤷🏻‍♂️ Apparently not! Really hoping we get them for IA though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

Seriously. They were beaten by teddy bears. 

And I know they are separate games, and that we have plenty of stormtrooper variant figures already, but I can't help but be a little jealous that Legion gets Scout Troopers before we do. 

They weren't Teddy Bears. They were C.H.U.D.  Cannibalistic Humanoid Under-canopy Dwellers.  They were nightmare beasts of a horror movie.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kunitzu San said:

Drawing upon other parts of the expanded fiction as inspiration, we could see a return of some other Prequel stomping grounds. While the quality of the game is certainly debatable, I enjoyed the Campaign mission in the recent Battlefront where you see an Imperial occupation of Naboo. It would be interesting if we could see some more of those locations visited with a Galactic Civil War twist, like Geonosis (another excuse to use CIS), Mustafar/Sullust, maybe even Kashyyk. It would also be cool if we got to see some brand new locations, never before seen in other media. If they can give it a great hook, it could be something special!

 

Also, I do personally find it funny that you have all these arrogant commanders in charge of Imperial High Command (Weiss, Sorin, Blaise). Military discipline and restraint is clearly not a virtue in the Empire :D. For any new campaigns, it might be wise to stray from that archetype for a little while. I love the lore behind Binary Revolution for IG-88, and it could be cool to see that further developed into it's own storyline.

Han leading a revolt on Kashyyyk was part of the EU.  They even features a campaign of  missions in the old Star Wars: Battlegrounds RTS game, where Han, Chewbacca, Lando, Luke, and Attichitcuk liberate Kashyyyk from the remnants of the Empire.  It would be a perfect place to incorporate both Imperial and Mercenary factions, like Bosssk, Trando Hunters, maybe some new Chiss ascendancy units, as well as Wookiee and hero allies, and to get tiles suitable for Endor and Kashyyyk.  It was what the Battle of Endor should have been in Return of the Jedi. 

Edited by Rikalonius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't underestimate the Ewoks. Yes, they look cute. But first, they are all little geniuses. They see a speeder bike for the first time and can use it. They see an AT-ST for the first time and can use it in a combat situation. And they are incredibly strong, on an average stronger than a human about twice their size. And they are smart enough, to live in peace with their environment, that's something humans usually don't do. And they defeated (and probably ate) a whole Legion of the Emperor's finest.

Edited by DerBaer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Scout Troopers in Legion look cool, and I don't mean to be picky, but calling them "The Emperor's Finest" in the title seems like an odd choice.

Yet another figure I'd never expect to see on the battlefield, unless of course he's flying a speeder bike.

Edited by NeverBetTheFett

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rikalonius said:

Han leading a revolt on Kashyyyk was part of the EU.  They even features a campaign of  missions in the old Star Wars: Battlegrounds RTS game, where Han, Chewbacca, Lando, Luke, and Attichitcuk liberate Kashyyyk from the remnants of the Empire.  It would be a perfect place to incorporate both Imperial and Mercenary factions, like Bosssk, Trando Hunters, maybe some new Chiss ascendancy units, as well as Wookiee and hero allies, and to get tiles suitable for Endor and Kashyyyk.  It was what the Battle of Endor should have been in Return of the Jedi. 

 

A similar revolution happened in canon via the Aftermath series.  It's actually pretty interesting how it pans out.

 

I've been saying for a while that if we're ever to get one-shot places like Scarif or Endor, a large forest/beach campaign mainly focused on Kashyyyk would be a great way to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there canon novels/comics set immediately post-OT which could provide fodder for future expansions?  Seems like Solo is about as far back as FFG could dial the way-back machine for OT-era material.  Unless Rian Johnson's new trilogy deals with what happens not long after Episode VI, I gotta think books and comics are what FFG will have to look to for ideas  after OT, Rebels, Rogue One and Solo have been wrung out for all their worth.  And I'll happily purchase anything campaign they put out, 'cause I've been having a blast playing it. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, bill_andel said:

Are there canon novels/comics set immediately post-OT which could provide fodder for future expansions?  Seems like Solo is about as far back as FFG could dial the way-back machine for OT-era material.  Unless Rian Johnson's new trilogy deals with what happens not long after Episode VI, I gotta think books and comics are what FFG will have to look to for ideas  after OT, Rebels, Rogue One and Solo have been wrung out for all their worth.  And I'll happily purchase anything campaign they put out, 'cause I've been having a blast playing it. :-)

There's a ton of canon stuff.

 

The comics have a lot of GCW material, and quite a few novels delve into the post-Endor era.

 

Then there's Rogue One, and still plenty to draw from Rebels if we want.

 

Oh, and the new Battlefront II game, as well. Giving the Empire access to an actual canon villain like Iden Versio would be neat.

 

Some of the books like Tarkin and Thrawn deal with the time between about 10BBY and A New Hope.

 

And, of course, the ultimate irony- we're not really saying we're running out of Star Wars characters to make toys of, are we?  There are so many, it'd be surprising to even say we're getting near the bottom of the barrel!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

There's a ton of canon stuff.

 

The comics have a lot of GCW material, and quite a few novels delve into the post-Endor era.

 

Then there's Rogue One, and still plenty to draw from Rebels if we want.

 

Oh, and the new Battlefront II game, as well. Giving the Empire access to an actual canon villain like Iden Versio would be neat.

 

Some of the books like Tarkin and Thrawn deal with the time between about 10BBY and A New Hope.

 

And, of course, the ultimate irony- we're not really saying we're running out of Star Wars characters to make toys of, are we?  There are so many, it'd be surprising to even say we're getting near the bottom of the barrel!

 

 

New campaign stories (books with maybe new tiles for different maps but not necessarily with new plastic figures) could also be something I would have interest in.  It sure is interesting at the moment to re-visit JR's through the app with new maps even if the big picture plot is similar to the physical campaign.  For instance I'm sure it would be fun to see a second TS campaign turning around Boba Fett as the main villain, or revisiting the Heart of The Empire with a new story involving the RGC (I was actually surprised that he was left out of the HotE campaign).  One drawback of this approach is that skirmish players would feel left out of this.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scout troopers are inevitable in IA and it does make sense that they save them for an Endor based game...

I just recently re watched attack of the clones and I feel like a Reek would be a neat beast to add, and we have seen one now on the recent Pack Alpha art. 

Make it four spaces like a nexu, not quite massive but heavily armoured and specializing in either charging in to fight or shielding those around it. 

Just me dreaming of my all beast skirmish list...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really have anything to add to this discussion (though I hope we get some more beasts too!).

It's just that I noticed we were at 99 pages of Imperial Assault gripe & hype and wanted to help push it to 100 😁

Edited by Stompburger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Fourtytwo said:

I'm confident we'll get an anouncement pretty soon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I mean 'soon' on a cosmic time-scale, of course. :P

Well next announcement will definitely be next change in rotation that historically should take place early January or with small probability end of October and first half of november :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Let's go for 100!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×