FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

3 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Makes me really wonder where they're gonna go from here for Imperial uniques. I wonder if they'll do something like early IA, and make some original unique units like Weiss and Terro.

I'm not saying that it'll happen, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they straight-up got the actual Weiss or Terro.  Eventually they're going to run out of leader figures from the movies that anybody cares about (if they haven't already), but I bet there'd still be a bunch of people who would love to play with a hulking dewback rider or a tricked out custom AT-ST.  And with a pure skirmish game like Legion there's no chance whatsoever to give a backstory to any original unique leaders, so why not just use the ones they've already made?

I wouldn't see it as being any different from their "Arkham Files" games, where you can see the same FFG original characters popping up in Arkham Horror, Eldrich Horror, Elder Sign, the LCG, etc.  It could be like their own little FFG Star Wars canon.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, ManateeX said:

And with a pure skirmish game like Legion there's no chance whatsoever to give a backstory to any original unique leaders, so why not just use the ones they've already made?

That's a pretty good point.

And if they're worth their in-game points, they might actually sell well.

I wouldn't see it as being any different from their "Arkham Files" games, where you can see the same FFG original characters popping up in Arkham Horror, Eldrich Horror, Elder Sign, the LCG, etc.  It could be like their own little FFG Star Wars canon.

Also a good point, though I wonder if Star Wars, being its own canon rather than the Lovecraft-tangent "Arkham Files" canon might make this different.

If not,  and if we get Weiss/Terro for the Empire, that kinda opens up the floodgates for the Rebel heroes to join the Rebel side in Legion.

Heck, they could be added to Destiny too, and any of the other games. That could be interesting.

Edited by subtrendy2

15 hours ago, ManateeX said:

I'm not saying that it'll happen, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if they straight-up got the actual Weiss or Terro.  Eventually they're going to run out of leader figures from the movies that anybody cares about (if they haven't already), but I bet there'd still be a bunch of people who would love to play with a hulking dewback rider or a tricked out custom AT-ST.  And with a pure skirmish game like Legion there's no chance whatsoever to give a backstory to any original unique leaders, so why not just use the ones they've already made?

I think they've still got plenty to draw from even if just using the original trilogy, and it looks like experience has taught them that characters from the movies, TV shows, and prominent EU figures just sell better than what they dream up. If Veers, Palpatine, and Boba Fett are all up for grabs, then we could easily see Tarkin, Jerjerrod, Piett, Thrawn, Pellaeon or Krennic. Heck, I'd even be glad to see some real left field characters like Dalla or Ysanne Isard. Throw in some generic figures and they've got enough to keep themselves busy for two or three years. 

42 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

I think they've still got plenty to draw from even if just using the original trilogy, and it looks like experience has taught them that characters from the movies, TV shows, and prominent EU figures just sell better than what they dream up. If Veers, Palpatine, and Boba Fett are all up for grabs, then we could easily see Tarkin, Jerjerrod, Piett, Thrawn, Pellaeon or Krennic. Heck, I'd even be glad to see some real left field characters like Dalla or Ysanne Isard. Throw in some generic figures and they've got enough to keep themselves busy for two or three years. 

I think I could be swayed on Tarkin, Piett, Jerjerrod, etc in IA, because circumstances could be allowed for them to be confronted on an ISD bridge or Imperial base or something.

But man, if I was into Legion at all, I don't think I'd want them in that game.

They could maybe make a case for Krennic, Thrawn, and I'd say Sloane as well.

1 hour ago, Pollux85 said:

I guess it comes down to personal preference, but despite them being in the movies I don't have a whole lot of interest in the likes of Piett or Jerjerrod.  They're basically just cookie-cutter imperial officers who happened to have had a line or two in the films - there's really nothing to distinguish them from any of their contemporaries.  How do you give them in-game abilities that are actually meaningful to their characters when they basically aren't characters to begin with?  Even if Terro is just some stormtrooper on a dewback, he's still some stormtrooper on a dewback.  To me that sounds like something fun and different to play with, and it would be easy to see them designing some fun abilities to go with it.

Tarkin, Thrawn, Krennic - these guys all had enough screen (or book) time that they've got characterizations that you could work with, and I'd see them all as good leader choices.  Off the top of my head you could theme their abilities around power/ruthlessness, strategy/brilliance, and engineering/ambition (respectively) and come up with something fun to play.  But even with someone like Pallaeon or Isard, as much as I loved both of them in the EU stories, it's hard to think of what they could bring to the table as a unique gameplay mechanic that you couldn't just paste onto staff officer #73.

My Sith foresight tells me we'll see nothing new before GenCon :) Just as all of Northern Hemisphere geekdom returns from summer hollidays -- (yeah, like any of us would dare venture outside anyway) -- FFG will bait us with a thousand new things to keep us locked in our collectivebasements for the rest of the year ;) In other words, there'll be no news today.

11 hours ago, Uninvited Guest said:

As an upgrade card though.  I think the above posts were referring to adding him specifically as a commander.

Huh, I actually didn't know that. That's interesting.

19 minutes ago, angelman2 said:

My Sith foresight tells me we'll see nothing new before GenCon :) Just as all of Northern Hemisphere geekdom returns from summer hollidays -- (yeah, like any of us would dare venture outside anyway) -- FFG will bait us with a thousand new things to keep us locked in our collectivebasements for the rest of the year ;) In other words, there'll be no news today.

Always in motion, the future is.

(Though I'm pretty sure you're right, at least for today).

I think maybe we might hop off the boat by next Thursday, but we all know how IA loves those extra long cruises.

2 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I think maybe we might hop off the boat by next Thursday, but we all know how IA loves those extra long cruises.

Ha ha!  There is probably one FFG employee that spends his day on this forum and everytime he sees posts about people complaining about not having any news he calls the boat captain and says "Keep on sailing for one more week sir!" ;) 

20 minutes ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

Someone just pointed out on Reddit that Amazon has Tyrants of Lothal release date as August 23. Not sure if that's accurate, but seems highly reasonable right now.

The date sounds feasible, but on the other hand, Amazon has never been accurate about the release dates.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

Yeah just saw Coolstuffinc has it listed as July 2018 release, so who knows what to believe lol

Unless it hops off that boat in the next few days, we can probably say not them :P

Interesting about Amazon. I know sometimes they've been close, but I don't remember a time they've actually been completely accurate, though.

Edited by subtrendy2

Posted (edited)

Would be the right time to preview the blister wave. I'm not that impressed by the contents of the box so far. Still hoping for Thrawn and all those upgrades.

So far, the latest map rotation seems to shake up the meta far more than I expect anything to do so, that I've seen from Lothal so far.

Edited by DerBaer

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, machfalcon said:

Time to reset the "no news" timer...

https://fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/18/return-to-jabbas-realm/

What's the over/under on how many days until we start complaining again?

The app with the first campaign was released last December.  Seven months later we get a new app campaign.  For what it's worth, at least we now have a better time approximation for when starting our next complaint about lack of app content  ;) 

Edited by IanSolo_FFG

19 minutes ago, machfalcon said:

Time to reset the "no news" timer...

https://fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/7/18/return-to-jabbas-realm/

What's the over/under on how many days until we start complaining again?

Pretty sure it's the relatively simple formula of X= 45-Y, with "X" being the number of days until since news until we complain and "Y" being the number of days that we haven't had any physical content in the pipeline.

So since we've still got Tyrants of Lothal in the pipeline, we're reset back to 45 days. :P