FSD

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Who will we see spoiled today??

I saw a joke I made a while about a random Clawdite thrown in the box, but I wonder- do you think Tyrants will bring in a new form or two for them? I'd love to have more!

Also, just some food for thought-

It was 82 days between the announcement of last year's HotE wave and the first article previewing it.  

It's been 59 days since Tyrants was announced. I'd it's possible we could get a preview before the end of this month.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

I saw a joke I made a while about a random Clawdite thrown in the box, but I wonder- do you think Tyrants will bring in a new form or two for them? I'd love to have more!

That would be great, but I doubt they would include cross-expansion components in ToL.  After all you would need HotE to play them.  Not everyone will have both expansions I guess although a "completionist" (is that even a word?!  ) might want to buy both to take full advantage of the rebels theme (sentry droids, AT-DP, Ahsoka, Maul)

Edited by IanSolo_FFG

15 minutes ago, IanSolo_FFG said:

That would be great, but I doubt they would include cross-expansion components in ToL.  After all you would need HotE to play them.  Not everyone will have both expansions I guess although a "completionist" (is that even a word?!  ) might want to buy both to take full advantage of the rebels theme (sentry droids, AT-DP, Ahsoka, Maul)

For just a card or two, though? I think it could be reasonable. No different than the Boba Fett fix that so many were expecting.

3 minutes ago, subtrendy2 said:

For just a card or two, though? I think it could be reasonable. No different than the Boba Fett fix that so many were expecting.

That is not false.  They made skrimish players and especially those interested in the rebel faction only, pay for a big box expansion to get Han and Chewie's fix after all.  But these examples are for skirmish only.  If the forms are compatible with campaign (and I don't see why they would not be) that would be unprecedented.  I really like the idea though.  

4 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

Here's a riddle. If ToL is SWI54, and the hero and villain packs are SWI55 - 58, and this skirmish map is SWI60, then what's SWI59?

I was just about to ask the very same thing.

My guess is another skirmish map, or maybe some other game utility component (like custom bases or a new dice set, maybe terrain)? Surely not a wave product.  

Would a new app campaign get a product number?

Also- is it weird that this map is already announced? I still can't help but think that this is indicative of this wave being released a little later than they originally anticipated. 

Edited by subtrendy2

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

My guess is another skirmish map, or maybe some other game utility component (like custom bases or a new dice set, maybe terrain)? Surely not a wave product.  

Also- is it weird that this map is already announced? I still can't help but think that this is indicative of this wave being released a little later than they originally anticipated. 

A new app update probably wouldn't get a product number. The app updates for RtL haven't, even the ones that cost money. 

How much later were you thinking it has been delayed? It's possible that they could have switched ToL and HotE once they found out Rebels was gonna be cancelled and they decided ToL would sell better in the wake of the big marketing push that would come with the Rebels finale. They didn't announce Rebels was ending until April 2017, and HotE was announced in May. It's all speculation, but the timeline works.

1 hour ago, subtrendy2 said:

I was thinking  the same thing. I don't recall seeing a skirmish map BEFORE a box was released (not that it hasn't happened). I was wondering if I missed something.

Edited by VadersMarchKazoo

4 hours ago, Pollux85 said:

A new app update probably wouldn't get a product number. The app updates for RtL haven't, even the ones that cost money. 

How much later were you thinking it has been delayed? It's possible that they could have switched ToL and HotE once they found out Rebels was gonna be cancelled and they decided ToL would sell better in the wake of the big marketing push that would come with the Rebels finale. They didn't announce Rebels was ending until April 2017, and HotE was announced in May. It's all speculation, but the timeline works.

To be honest, I'm not sure.

The wave is still not On The Boat, so I don't see it coming before Gencon.

I don't know much about Skirmish, but from what I can tell we're probably getting a new map in rotation this July. I would seriously doubt that would be Lothal Wastes.  We're probably getting another in October- that seems far more likely.

Why they're announcing it now is still strange to me, though. In the past, I feel like Skirmish maps were just already assumed, and their only articles were "In Stores Now".

So I'm very confused.  But somehow, I feel like this is a good thing?

2 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

Why they're announcing it now is still strange to me, though. In the past, I feel like Skirmish maps were just already assumed, and their only articles were "In Stores Now".

So I'm very confused.  But somehow, I feel like this is a good thing?

Somehow I imagine one of the FFG article writers throwing a hissy fit. "First you people complain we don't have enough articles about IA, now after we give you more you're being skeptical?!"

15 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I first thought so, when they showed the Thrawn Dial as OP prize support. And when they previewed Kanan as OP prize support.

14 hours ago, Inmate4251 said:

Somehow I imagine one of the FFG article writers throwing a hissy fit. "First you people complain we don't have enough articles about IA, now after we give you more you're being skeptical?!"

Haha, right? I hope I don't sound like I'm complaining, though- I just think it's interesting.

6 hours ago, DerBaer said:

I first thought so, when they showed the Thrawn Dial as OP prize support. And when they previewed Kanan as OP prize support.

Right, that was what I thought too. Seems like a lot of elements of this wave are moving more quickly than the wave itself.

7 minutes ago, cnemmick said:

And this one labeled SWI53. Seems almost certain that SWI59 is a currently unknown skirmish map. 

Well, it's not an app update or a ToL preview, but I'll take it. Hopefully we'll get a real preview by end of July. 

15 minutes ago, Pollux85 said:

And this one labeled SWI53. Seems almost certain that SWI59 is a currently unknown skirmish map. 

Well, it's not an app update or a ToL preview, but I'll take it. Hopefully we'll get a real preview by end of July. 

Matt from the ZI chat made this point: It could be that they block out 3 SKUs in a row for the maps, then release them in whatever order fits the map rotation. So SWI59 and SWI61 could be the next two maps. (That also happened for the 3 maps used after Heart of the Empire.)

Edited by cnemmick