Leavon

3D printed Talisman miniatures/Terrain

419 posts in this topic

Well re the mines my pun gun seems to have gone off prematurely with my shots flying high and hitting the previous page, so with adjusted sights hear they are again.....

Some lovely painting there Leavon

The overturned rail cart is first class and just the ticketl on your new mines piece.I don't think anyone will rail against that peice of design.

Just look out for the bogey man whos a well known sleeper in the game.

Your just far too talented and obviously have a one track mind, probably having to train every day to maintain your creativity  but don't get ideas above your station. I'm looking forward to painting my wagon, being born under a wandering star, but if I spend too long I may end up with a tender behind.

Will there be extra carraige to pay on this piece?

Oh and I love wearing platform shoes but tend to take them off when I get on the train. (Thats enough..Ed)

:)

Leavon and talismanisland like this

14 hours ago, 80sVamp said:

Well re the mines my pun gun seems to have gone off prematurely with my shots flying high and hitting the previous page, so with adjusted sights hear they are again.....

Some lovely painting there Leavon

The overturned rail cart is first class and just the ticketl on your new mines piece.I don't think anyone will rail against that peice of design.

Just look out for the bogey man whos a well known sleeper in the game.

Your just far too talented and obviously have a one track mind, probably having to train every day to maintain your creativity  but don't get ideas above your station. I'm looking forward to painting my wagon, being born under a wandering star, but if I spend too long I may end up with a tender behind.

Will there be extra carraige to pay on this piece?

Oh and I love wearing platform shoes but tend to take them off when I get on the train. (Thats enough..Ed)

I'm so sorry Kate! In my flurry of Spare Oom based activity I had forgotten your pit puns on the previous page. "Pun gun" :lol:

'A Leavon Werewolf in Talisman'    (Does this mean we have to re name the Tavern 'The Slaughtered Lamb'?)

Howl I ever think of more puns about werewolves (der wolves..we've had that one... Ed).

It is a splendid piece of scenery Leavon and will transform the board. I quickly wolfed down my dinner so I could come back up stairs to have another look. Fur instance how did you get such detail on the wolf?

When  its ready you'll have to pack it all in the box and hopefully it will be delivered on Moonday. (though it may never get here if its travelling by ship across the Atlantic)

All we need now is a squad of Dog Soldiers and some super glue..(and if you haven't seen the film I strongly recommend it)

talismanisland and Leavon like this

1 minute ago, 80sVamp said:

Lovely painting there Leavon.

Order on its way.

Thanks Kate and thanks for your order! It's a fun one to paint.

i wondered how you would give this faceless werewolfden a face. Putting the werewolf into it with that gesture is once again a fabolous surprise from you.

Talismanisland wrote on his website that you are working on the runes next. Runes or Ruins ?

Edit : email says runes, ok  will be fine too, but disappointed not to get the ruins and with that the mageknight set this year. Our time is running out, we wil get larger problems soon then Talisman models.

Edited by magicrealm
Leavon likes this

Werewolf turned up this morning and is a super model. The detail of the werewolf's body inside the cave is brilliant and I'm really looking forward to getting my paintbrushes on it.

I've just finished painting the oasis and fully endorse Leavons suggestion of a base coat first. In fact I painted everything before assembly which is even better as details such as the rope that secures the awning to to the poles would be hard to do with the palms in place.

Whilst painting it reminded me of one of those mini dioramas you would get with Matchbox 1/76 model tanks.

So if your not  using it for Talisman you could always park a PzKpfw 111 alongside with the crew filling their canteens. It even has the cow skull on the base!!

talismanisland and Leavon like this

I've just laid out my board with all the scenery to date and should hopefully get my mines and werewolfes den painted and  on the board this weekend.

It really does look super.

If you don't mind me making a suggestion Leavon as to what is left to be done I will list them below though I am mindful that you are the one doing the work.

This is how i think you could package them:-

1/Runes (I think your on to these anyway after Mr JN's suggestion)

2/Crags and Forest (as a set as they are only quite small)

3/Pit fiends  (with the way you produced the werewolf this could be a nice piece with the fiends coming up out of the gloop)

4/Chasm (a none card bearing spot so no conflict with cards being on the same space)

5/ Terrain Pack.   consisting of the ruins, a hanging gibbet and signpost (for the back straight) a wooden cross with a cows skull in in the middle (between sentinal and graveyard) and possibly a tree with a noose (next to the ruins)

Not sure if the Hidden Valley would work as where would the three cards go?

As I say thoughI know you have a life outside of providing Talisbling for gamers so please take the above as a discussion rather than an I want...

4 hours ago, 80sVamp said:

I've just laid out my board with all the scenery to date and should hopefully get my mines and werewolfes den painted and  on the board this weekend.

If you don't mind me making a suggestion Leavon as to what is left to be done I will list them below though I am mindful that you are the one doing the work.

3/Pit fiends  (with the way you produced the werewolf this could be a nice piece with the fiends coming up out of the gloop)

4/Chasm (a none card bearing spot so no conflict with cards being on the same space)

5/ Terrain Pack.   consisting of the ruins, a hanging gibbet and signpost (for the back straight) a wooden cross with a cows skull in in the middle (between sentinal and graveyard) and possibly a tree with a noose (next to the ruins)

As I say thoughI know you have a life outside of providing Talisbling for gamers so please take the above as a discussion rather than an I want...

Agree, except the ruins should come as soon as possible and terrain should be real the terrain.  cards can always go under the model. as i said, i see the models for more then talisman. mageknight and selfmmade board. one more model i think everybody would love to have : the maze (labyrinth), it is a card, but as model superior and very good use outside talisman.

Edited by magicrealm

On 15/12/2017 at 6:39 PM, 80sVamp said:

Good suggestions Kate! I am working on the Runes at the mo after that I quite fancy doing Dice with death.... There's definitely potential in a lot of the spaces you've mentioned, watch this space...

talismanisland likes this

Just wanna say a quick Merry  Christmas to all from Spare Oom Studio! I hope you all get some quality table time with friends and family over the holiday.  We're off to deepest darkest Wales for Christmas, the car is stuffed to the gills with pressies and board games,  good times! 

talismanisland and 80sVamp like this