Sign in to follow this  
jangopool

Count Zuckuss

Idea is to have three PS 9 ships, Teroch's ability will remove tokens, Zuckuss shoots first in hopes to hitting the tractor, which can be set up for some big hits on any ship.

Zuckuss

VI

FCS

Gunner

Title+Tractor Beam

Teroch

VI

Autothrusters

Fenn

PTL

Autothrusters

Title

I would like to know how it does. The fighters seem kind of fragile but if they shoot first, that may not be a problem. I haven't flown them yet to know how they do in general. I've watched a few videos but the pilots didn't fly them in close proximity to their enemies which seems counter productive to their abilities. Should have potential. Battle report?

^^ Agreed, seems pretty solid, ships on both side are going to melt fast, but that's to be expected. One thing id consider though is gunner, if im adding it up right, this list puts you at 100 so you got 3 PS9 ships with no bid. While I get the synergy with FCS, an alternative to gunner could be just running Dengar which would give you some re rolls. This would free up 4 points since you wouldn't need FCS either. Another idea could be running Ketsu Onyo so they keep the tractor beam token for some extra hurt the following round. Perhaps then Zuckuss can fire his primary with no benefit to the enemy when using his ability.

Gunner is nice, if the Tractor beam misses. It is expensive though.

I get that its for the misses, and when paired with FCS, its a killer combo. Especially against high agility/token stacking aces. I just feel like having an initiative bid can be important, especially when flying aces or else Soontir and the gang will just laugh as they dodge your arcs and you don't have a shot. With tractor beams, it doesn't matter how many hits go through, all you need is one. I feel that with Zuckuss' ability, focus action, and Dengars rerolls you got a pretty good chance of getting that hit. That being said, ill probably run both of these in the near future to see how it goes!

Edited by CHEEKSx36

It's a fragile list. I ran something similar with Fenn Rau, Talonbane and Zuckuss with VI (that way all 3 have 5 dice at range 1!). But you struggle with action economy and the ships are crazy fragile, particularly at the dreaded range 2. It's fun, and oh boy if the enemy lets you shoot with everyone at range 1 you can tear stuff up but I'm struggling to close the deal. Or at least I've not figured it out yet.

It's a fragile list. I ran something similar with Fenn Rau, Talonbane and Zuckuss with VI (that way all 3 have 5 dice at range 1!). But you struggle with action economy and the ships are crazy fragile, particularly at the dreaded range 2. It's fun, and oh boy if the enemy lets you shoot with everyone at range 1 you can tear stuff up but I'm struggling to close the deal. Or at least I've not figured it out yet.

Could also drop one of them for a party bus haha I guess it totally defeats the purpose of having 3 aces, but you gain a lot of HP, a potential blocker, and a ship that your opponent would likely want off the board first so it distracts them from the aces? Then again, for the same amount of points, you could run a decent manaroo... Im just starting to realize how Scum now has a lot of great options in the low-mid 30s point range!

Yeah. I went along the same lines after a half dozen games with three aces. Actually what I think is better than the party bus is Manaroo. Manaroo with K4 for example can pass tokens to Fen Rau to both make him more survivable AND gives him that 5 dice fully modified punch. Right now I'm tinkering with Manaroo with Mindlink and two aces. It's certainly fun to play.

Gunner is nice, if the Tractor beam misses. It is expensive though.

I get that its for the misses, and when paired with FCS, its a killer combo. Especially against high agility/token stacking aces. I just feel like having an initiative bid can be important, especially when flying aces or else Soontir and the gang will just laugh as they dodge your arcs and you don't have a shot. With tractor beams, it doesn't matter how many hits go through, all you need is one. I feel that with Zuckuss' ability, focus action, and Dengars rerolls you got a pretty good chance of getting that hit. That being said, ill probably run both of these in the near future to see how it goes!

Oh, no, I get that. FCS with a second shot is always fun times. I've actually got a similar Imperial synergy list with Vessery, D title and Tractor Beam. I was just agreeing that gunner is expensive and switching crew saves points for the bid.