Sign in to follow this  
Tancradus

Crafting - Armor Schematic vs.Schematic (Brawn Weapons and Others)

So, I have a question for the writers of the books.  I play an Armorer.  I had attempted to create armor a few games ago and was successful and had the ability to make a "schematic".  Now that type of armor is permanently one less for me whilst I have that schematic.  I have noticed that it says this can only be selected "ONCE", actually saying "to a minimum of Simple[-] this can only be selected once.  Is that one time per attempt thereby refining schematics?  The books says minimum of Simple, but all armours have Average difficulty and if chosen "once" cannot get down to simple.

I then looked at the crafting from special modifications and if does not say "once"... was this overlooked?

I think you should be able to choose it once in each attempt of making armor, thereby refining the process.  Practice makes perfect! (this would be a great sink in resources, but would explain eventually how Augmentative armour is now simple for someone, spending 60,000 credits practicing would do it..).

Can you please clarify this???

Here are the quotes from the books.....

Armor Crafting

Schematic: Create a schematic that permanently reduces the difficulty of checks to create armor of this template by I to a minimum of Simple[-] this can only be selected once.

eg. Ranged Weapon Crafting

Schematic: Create a schematic that permanently reduces the difficulty of creating weapons of this template by I [to a minimum of Simple[-]) 

Once in each attempt.

If you would like reference to the Devs talking about it i will find it for you. but its definitely Rules as Intended that a character can dedicate some time and resources to "refining the schematic" through making multiple versions of the same armour and spending the required Triumph each time to do so.

Once in each attempt.

If you would like reference to the Devs talking about it i will find it for you. but its definitely Rules as Intended that a character can dedicate some time and resources to "refining the schematic" through making multiple versions of the same armour and spending the required Triumph each time to do so.

If you can find the resource for this, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Once in each attempt.

If I remember right it was on one of the Order 66 podcasts.  Specifically episode 71.  The discussion on armor crafting is around 82 minutes in.

Once in each attempt.

If I remember right it was on one of the Order 66 podcasts.  Specifically episode 71.  The discussion on armor crafting is around 82 minutes in.

That's the one.