Crabbok

Wave 7

Wave 7 Predictions:

First of all, I'm predicting that in Rebels, the 7th Fleet is going to contain something new.   Possibly a variant of the Imperial Star Destroyer, or a new Star Destroyer altogether.   This will be included in Wave 7, because it's the 7th Fleet and it would be appropriate for 7 to be 7. 

And naturally, Wave 7 will also be when we receive Grand Admiral Thrawn. 

In terms of Rebels, it is far more difficult to predict. 

I suppose we could get Bail Organa or possibly even Ahsoka Tano, as she had large scale leadership from behind the scenes as "Fulcrum".  We are due for some new rebel ships as well, as Thrawn is seeking to destroy the majority of the rebel fleet, and Rebels could surprise us and show something like a new type of frigate that was destroyed before the battle of Yavin - which might be why the Yavin base only had fighters and no capital ships....  Just a thought. 

And yes I know I skipped Wave 6, because we know that's going to probably end up being hammerheads and Quasars, with probably a ton more squadrons because ... well people love squadrons or something silly. 

At best, I could see a Corellian Conflict type expansion to the new Wave 5 fighters (maybe the R&V too, but I don't think so) soonish, but I don't see truly 'new' fighters for some time.  After Wave 5 hits, there will be a plethora of fighter options out there, and I suspect they will wait until the movies and Rebels provide enough fresh fighter types before they produce another entirely new set of them.

I swear to Thrawn, if FFG releases those giraffe-class Star Destroyers, I will go burn down the entire compound.

?

He is talking about the aesthetic choice that was made in Rebels to elongate the tower that the Bridge Section sits on, on the Star Destroyers.

What we NEED is for the Empire to get +1 more ship, to even out and have the same variety as the Rebels. 

What we NEED is to go a few waves without so many squadron options.

What we NEED is dreadnaughts!

What we NEED is a preview article of the Correllian Conflict. (Not wave 7 related)

What I'd like to see is some more different arc ideas.  Suppose a ship has a really strong rear-arc?  (Can't imagine why anyone would build such a thing though....) or asymmetrical firing arcs - a ship whose right side is broader than it's left?  Or a ship with multiple side arcs?  (Executor!!!!!) 

They COULD give the finalizer a double-side arc, yet a single side arc for shields.  Suppose you cut it's side arc in half, and effectively allow it to shoot twice that way, but still only give it one shield token, effectively any hit to EITHER side arc reduces the total side shield. 

I'd like to see a ship with Red anti squadron dice. 

I'd like to see more upgrades in more cardboard-only expansions.  I want more titles!

I hope we never see an effective ship that can be used for both sides. 

I don't ever want to look at a Rebellion vs. Imperial battle and wonder which ship is on which side.

Must be torture for you to watch an Imp vs Imp battle or Rebs vs Rebs?

Not at all. I know which ships are Reb and which ships are Imp.

But this is rare. Our local scene has no "blue-on-blue" battles unless part of a campaign or special event.

Why do so many people want red anti-squad dice? Because they don't want to fight squads with their own? How stupid would it be to hit squads with your red and with Kallus? That doesn't seem balanced at all because if the ship has a large arc to shoot from, you are covering a huge section of the board. Hell, right now I think 2 blue on a Nebulon is OP. Makes sense on an ISD, but man I burn squads down so fast.

I hope we never see an effective ship that can be used for both sides. 

I don't ever want to look at a Rebellion vs. Imperial battle and wonder which ship is on which side.

Must be torture for you to watch an Imp vs Imp battle or Rebs vs Rebs?

Not at all. I know which ships are Reb and which ships are Imp.

But this is rare. Our local scene has no "blue-on-blue" battles unless part of a campaign or special event.

How do you make tournaments work?

Why do so many people want red anti-squad dice? Because they don't want to fight squads with their own? How stupid would it be to hit squads with your red and with Kallus? That doesn't seem balanced at all because if the ship has a large arc to shoot from, you are covering a huge section of the board. Hell, right now I think 2 blue on a Nebulon is OP. Makes sense on an ISD, but man I burn squads down so fast.

One of the custom ships I keep wanting to fly has a single red die for AA. It does, in fact, cover a lot of board, but there's plenty more board, and really, a single red isn't such a great threat. Expected damage against squads is 0.5. Same as blue, I guess.