Sign in to follow this  
Tirion

rebels season 3 (spoilers may follow)

I enjoyed and think the early portrayal of Thrawn was perfect. Sad that the y wings seem to be leaving the show as soon as we got them. It was cool to see Titus and konstantine on screen again. Really liking where they are taking Ezra's character.

Also after watching that who wants to run a 4 arquitins 1 ISD list?

And that Dodonna name drop.....

Edited by Tirion

Thrawn totally made the episode. I quite like Governor Pryce, if not for Thrawn she would have been the big character introduction but I think the fact she is overshadowed works. She's mentioned and doing things offscreen for two seasons and she finally is shown and it's not a huge deal. 

How did it go from 14 to 12 to 5 Y-Yings?
Chop flew 1, slaved 4 others, then Sabine, Rex and Zeb flew 3 more. Thats 8?

Also, glad they hard killed the Phantom. I don't like shows that pulls punches and everyone lives. Plus that little thing was too good at its job

I counted there were only six when they left the planet's atmosphere and 4 (?) that landed in the Quasar. Its easy to infer that two got destroyed by ties but your right what about the ones on the surface? Maybe they were destroyed in the furnace? I honestly don't know.

Which reminds me. Where did the rebels get the rest of the Y-Wings? Were they all stolen? Were some of the ones taken by the ghost crew reverse engineered? Did the rebels build more, or were they always a limited supply?

pretty sweet show... question though, early in the episode when pryce is asking tarkin for the seventh fleet and tarkin is at desk, there is a large model ship behind him, any know what it is? venator perhaps??

when hera said these y wings are for dodonna i thought that line had to have come from someone who has played armada!

I'm amazed Kallus is still involved with the Empire. His episode with Zeb made me think it may change his mind.

But a good starting episode for sure.

It made sense to me as the little he saw isn't going to change his mind totally but his comment on Thrawn's civilian casualties does indicate he is more aware of how the Empire operates

I loved Thrawn's voice, but his diction, his pacing, his volume, were disappointing. He sounded too gentle, where I wanted him to sound strong.

Aside from that, I loved the way they set him up as a long-term villain.

I loved Thrawn's voice, but his diction, his pacing, his volume, were disappointing. He sounded too gentle, where I wanted him to sound strong.

Aside from that, I loved the way they set him up as a long-term villain.

That was always the thing with Thrawn he didn't have to sound scary his actions provided all the fear needed.

I think a few got destroyed when the command center overrode the conveyor belt. I also assumed a few got destroyed in the battle (although I didn't see any blow up on screen, maybe I missed it).

However, 8 y-wings participated in the Battle of Yavin, so where did the other three come from?

I think a few got destroyed when the command center overrode the conveyor belt. I also assumed a few got destroyed in the battle (although I didn't see any blow up on screen, maybe I missed it).

However, 8 y-wings participated in the Battle of Yavin, so where did the other three come from?

I don't think these are the same Y-Wings necessarily. Or some of them are but they found others. Considering how prevalent the Y-Wings become this is probably just the rebel's attempt to test a new bomber class and they needed enough for a strike force.

The Clone Wars involved millions of ships so i'm sure hundreds of thousands of Y-Wings survived the war to end up in reclamation facilities such as the one we saw.

These are definitely the Y-Wings used at the Death Star. They capture a handful and deliver them to Dodonna- that isn't coincidence... it's good story telling.

Yes but it clearly can't be all of them if they only retrieve four at the end of the episode. So there has to to be an alternate source for Y-Wings as well. I do agree though that it's quite clever however those Y-Wings still have two years of war with the Empire to survive before A New Hope.  

There's a bit of a mis-showing there.

There is a shot of at least Seven of them having left the atmosphere, and under fire from TIE Fighters.

YWing01.jpg

Then they trash some TIEs with Blue blasts.

Then you see the Flight break up, as in, split into 2 different directions.

The Camera is then only following Four Y-Wings as they fly along...  

YWing02.jpg

YWing03.jpg

And of those Four you only see Three land in one Hangar bay.

YWing04.jpg

In no shot shownis even a SINGLE Y-Wing Destroyed.

It is entirely feasable that they recovered all Eight Y-Wings into the other bays on board the Carrier...  especially as they were "let go" with their "meagre prize".

You can't even count them at the end, because you only have these shots for Reference of the area around.

One shot has 2 behind Sabine.

YWing05.jpg

One shot has 3 showing.  But its also impossible to tell if one of those is not one (or both) of the ones shown behind Sabine in the previous shot, as not the whole set of angles from the gathering is shown.

YWing06.jpg

Andwith all that being said and done, there's 3 visible...  But you can tell from the lights setup, that the "strip" here goes back  a long way, and there's more than enough room to be storing all 8.

Edited by Drasnighta