Sign in to follow this  
Baaa

I'm confused, help me choose a list, please

Well, as the title says I would like some help on choosing a list, the two I am torn between are -

Colonel Vessery (35)
Adaptability (0)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Total: 100

and

The Inquisitor (25)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
TIE/v1 (1)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Thank you

Cheers

Baaa

Jax, fel and inquisitor is a squishy list.

It'd be fun until a single bad roll and then the game would be over.

I used to play fel, Vader and a phantom. It was awesome, and really rewarded good manevering, but if you didn't play it perfectly iy would fall apart. And sometimes even with playing it perfectly, you'd flub your dice and it would fall apart.

Fun list, but don't expect good results at a tourney. Bring more hp for that

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

It is for a tournament. I've flown the second list a lot since the TAP came out and I love the maneuverability of it. However, it is quite squishy.

I've got some practice games coming up so I'll play about with the first list and see how I get on.

Cheers

Baaa

With respect, easily the first list.  The second list is very squishy without the Emperor to back up the interceptors.  Inquisitor and VI Vessery go together so well it is ridiculous.  Almost any other ship can be put with those two and be very effective.  I wouldn't pick Soontir as that ship without the Emperor and with BMST now a thing.  

The Inquisitor (25)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

TIE/v1 (1)

Soontir Fel (27)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

Stealth Device (3)

Royal Guard TIE (0)

Carnor Jax (26)

Push the Limit (3)

Autothrusters (2)

Stealth Device (3)

Royal Guard TIE (0)

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

i have been struggling to come up with an Imp build I like for a while, might have to appropriate and adjust this one.  Thank you!

The Inquisitor (25)

Push the Limit (3)Autothrusters (2)TIE/v1 (1)Soontir Fel (27)Push the Limit (3)Autothrusters (2)Stealth Device (3)Royal Guard TIE (0)Carnor Jax (26)Push the Limit (3)Autothrusters (2)Stealth Device (3)Royal Guard TIE (0)Total: 100View in Yet Another Squad Builder

i have been struggling to come up with an Imp build I like for a while, might have to appropriate and adjust this one.  Thank you!

Fill your boots. I'd love to take the credit for it but I found it somewhere just before the TAP came out and have been flying it since.

It really is a joy to fly. The only problem with it is, is that after you've learnt to fly it, everything else seems so static. And it can kill anything up to Wave VIII.

Cheers

Baaa

Hey Baa, I love to fly Jax & Fel together too, but I've gotta say, running them with 0pt initiative bid is really going to hobble you.

I also think Inq is a replacement for Fel, and not such a great complement.

The duo list that I've been running recently is Fel, Hulled Jax and an x7 delta. The Delta is there to feint (first to deploy, maneuver away and deny the joust) and block and generally be a brilliant chunk of nuisance.

3pt initiative bid is where it's at for interceptors, in my opinion. Give it a go, see what you think...

Hey Baa, I love to fly Jax & Fel together too, but I've gotta say, running them with 0pt initiative bid is really going to hobble you.

I also think Inq is a replacement for Fel, and not such a great complement.

The duo list that I've been running recently is Fel, Hulled Jax and an x7 delta. The Delta is there to feint (first to deploy, maneuver away and deny the joust) and block and generally be a brilliant chunk of nuisance.

3pt initiative bid is where it's at for interceptors, in my opinion. Give it a go, see what you think...

Thanks. I tend to fly the Inq and Jax as a pair and leave Fel to his own devices until the furball is in full swing.

I find that people tend to ignore the Inq in favour of going after Jax and I know that I'm going to lose him at some stage. But what they're ignoring is that green 1 turn with 3 attack dice, a two action pocket rocket who can clear stress easily and who (as long as he uses TL as one of his actions) gets a free evade token.

There are problems with it. It hates swarms. Everytime I see one I groan.

But I am going to try a Defender in there to see how it gets on.

Cheers

Baaa