Sign in to follow this  
Madcap

[HotAC] House Rules/Mods

I'd also rather only keep track of XP at the end of mission to reduce bookkeeping and take focus away from dealing damage as often as possible (so basically, no kill or guardian assist, and not XP for damaging opponents).

Does it seem reasonable to you?

That seems really bad, I hate to say.  Getting XP for damaging the ships is really big.  It probably doubles the XP you get in a mission.  I would not recommend it.'

What we do is just track XP as normal.  I went to the $1 store and got a bag of those little glass tokens.  We toss them out when someone gets XP.  I jokingly call them "Scooby Snacks".  At the end of the game, we just dump all the tokens in the middle of the table and divide them by number of players.  If there are some left over, we just give the left overs to the lowest PS pilots one after the other.  So....if 4 players and 3 left over, the 3 lowest pilots get an extra and the highest doesn't.   If someone said, "Dang...I'm one point away from <x>", then I'm sure we could give that guy an extra one.  

Extended Starting craft, Extended advanced craft and Mercenary craft

Starting

Awing (with EPT) with 11 points

Ywing with BTL-A4 option, 8 points

HWK 270 with Illicit and 10 points
Sabine's Masterpiece with 13 points
Xwing with built in Integrated Astromech, 5 points

Advanced:

Bwing

ARC 170

Attack Shuttle

U-wing (yes, a large base)

Mercenary Starting craft: (use scum pilot abilities)

M3A with title, 11 points

Khilraxz Fighter, 6 points

HWK 270 with illicit, 10 points

Quadjumper, 11(?) points

Mercenary advanced craft

G1A with title slot

Ywing with BTL-A4 option

Starviper with Virago

Protectorate Starfighter with title slot

Pool XP. Seriously, just do it.

Sorry for necroing the thread, but what do you think would be the best way to do it?

I'd also rather only keep track of XP at the end of mission to reduce bookkeeping and take focus away from dealing damage as often as possible (so basically, no kill or guardian assist, and not XP for damaging opponents).

I only flew a few missions, so I am not sure these values would work well: 

2XP for Tie Fighters and 4XP + the usual bounty for large, and non Tie Fighter ships (+ ace bonus)?

and 1 XP for opponents damaged but not destroyed (2 for non Tie)?

Does it seem reasonable to you?

We just use the giant amount of Critical hit tokens that I collected until now and everytime someone scores some kind of XP (damage, kill, assist, whatever) we throw the amount into a cup. Then after the mission we take it out, divide it by player count, gift leftover XP to the ones that are furthest behind in XP, go on.

Really easy and no fuss at all to be honest, it takes literally no time at all, not sure what amount of "bookkeeping" others have.

If you don't have enough of those tokens, just use other tokens you have plenty of or use the proposal of heychadwick and buy a pack of these small glass beads in a market, they're usually quite cheap and you get 50 or something, maybe get 2 packs and you should be fine for any mission with any amount of players.

Have fun!