Green Knight

Star Wars: Armada - Vassal module version 4.2.0

A new version of Vassal was put up a while ago: 3.2.17

3.6.0 (and later versions) are built on this version.

You should probably update if you haven't already (you also get an annoying message on startup if you don't).

I haven't actually found any problems with the module, but better safe than sorry. 

Now that the WC is over, I've resumed work on the next build: 3.7.0

Bugfixes:

• discarded Fleet Commands disappear (missing card backs)
  • CC veteran tokens (free standing) no longer refreshing

It will contain the following features:

• distance bands on dust fields
  • station range bands (for armed station)
  • objective tokens for squads (Hyperlane Raid)
  • spawn stations and dust fields from objective cards
  • Phoenix Home functionality for Pelta (i.e. can take 4 tokens - gonna be crowded on a small base tho)
  • sound effects for all rolls/die changes (rolling dice, adding a die, rerolling a die AND setting to a die face)
  • sound effect for Report: SET

Some ppl like the sounds, some hate them. I've experimented back and forth a bit, and had pretty much settled on just the main dice rolls making sounds, but feedback has made me change my mind. Henceforth ANY dice manipulation will trigger the sound effects. If you hate the noise, either turn sound off for Vassal (system volume muting) or simply remove the 3 sound files from the Module (open with WinRar for example and just delete the files). Problem solved.

Also in the works, but maybe not ready for 3.7.0:

• photo-graphics for Pelta & Kitten models
  • new graphics for wave 5 squads (same top-down as the old ones)
  • alternate colors schemes for elite squads (currently all elites have the same scheme)
  • alternate color schemes for ship models

Stuff that's not changing/being added:

• No special utility for Solar Corona. Just place the objective card to the side of the Corona. Problem solved.

Now is a good time to report bugs and send feature requests!

Edited by Green Knight

10 hours ago, Green Knight said:

Sometimes while manoeuvering my Demo, it doesnt line up completelly

Also, can we have a 'back' feature? E.g.: you overlap by a ver tiny bit you hoped to be just out but then you need to turn the ship again by small turns until it matches the manoeuver tool

For quite some time I was troubled by the problem that when I notch the maneuver tool sometimes it changed the clicks. But this did not happen regularily. I think I know now how to reproduce the bug: Whenever you over-click the maneuver tool (like three clicks) and correct it something goes wrong as soon as you notch the tool.

1 minute ago, Darth Veggie said:

For quite some time I was troubled by the problem that when I notch the maneuver tool sometimes it changed the clicks. But this did not happen regularily. I think I know now how to reproduce the bug: Whenever you over-click the maneuver tool (like three clicks) and correct it something goes wrong as soon as you notch the tool.

Yes, it's a minor bug. Just notch the tool and change it to correct yaw.

On 8.3.2017 at 11:02 PM, Ginkapo said:

Spawn stations and dust fields from objective cards?

It will be implemented thus:

All obstacles, incl. dust fields start on table.

If you need multiples of a kind, for Station Assault, Asteroids etc., just copy them.

Station CARDS can be spawned from the relevant Objectives.

On 3/10/2017 at 0:49 AM, Green Knight said:

Now that the WC is over, I've resumed work on the next build: 3.7.0

Bugfixes:

• discarded Fleet Commands disappear (missing card backs)
  • CC veteran tokens (free standing) no longer refreshing

It will contain the following features:

• distance bands on dust fields
  • station range bands (for armed station)
  • spawn stations and dust fields from objective cards
  • Phoenix Home functionality for Pelta (i.e. can take 4 tokens - gonna be crowded on a small base tho)
  • sound effects for all rolls/die changes (rolling dice, adding a die, rerolling a die AND setting to a die face)*

* Some ppl like the sounds, some hate them. I've experimented back and forth a bit, and had pretty much settled on just the main dice rolls making sounds, but feedback has made me change my mind. Henceforth ANY dice manipulation will trigger the sound effects. If you hate the noise, either turn sound off for Vassal (system volume muting) or simply remove the 3 sound files from the Module (open with WinRar for example and just delete the files). Problem solved.

Also in the works, but maybe not ready for 3.7.0:

• photo-graphics for Pelta & Kitten models
  • new graphics for wave 5 squads (same top-down as the old ones)
  • alternate colors schemes for elite squads (currently all elites have the same scheme)
  • alternate color schemes for ship models

Stuff that's not changing/being added:

• No special utility for Solar Corona. Just place the objective card to the side of the Corona. Problem solved.

If you absolutely must keep them in,  have them play at reduced volume.

I don't hate them,  but they can be very annoying when you're hearing them constantly over conversations (online and off).

Sounds:

Got LOTS of new sounds from @MattShadowlord, but I'm not going overboard.

Thus far I've added sounds for all dice manipulation - i.e. rolling, adding, setting to face, rerolling. There is now a separate sound for cancelled dice. Also fixed a bug in later dev builds that didn't send sound triggers to opponents.

There is a new sound to go with Report: SET.

I'll probably add a few more, but adding too many reduced the value of sounds.

IF YOU HATE SOUNDS: just open the module with an archive tool, deleted the SOUNDS folder (unfortunately this changes your module CHECKSUM). Or just disable sound from the Vassal app using your computer's Volume control.

1 minute ago, thecactusman17 said:

If you absolutely must keep them in,  have them play at reduced volume.

I don't hate them,  but they can be very annoying when you're hearing them constantly over conversations (online and off).

See my last post.

Either disable sound from the app altogether, or change the sound output using the mixer to a level you like.