Tutorials:

Regards,

the Dev team

@Rocco79

@GiledPallaeon

@Green Knight

Edited by Green Knight

Regarding the new fire arcs:

They are CORRECT. The old ones were simplifications.

Do they look odd? I suppose they do, but attack range is measured from attacking hull zone, not the ship token in general. That means side arcs don't match up perfectly to front/rear, unless the ship is a "perfect broadsider" like the H1, GR-75, Neb. Large ships with big front arcs are most affected, like the ISD and Liberty.

ISD arc:

arcs_v2_ISD_zpsacdqchkn.png

Edited by Green Knight

Playing SoonerTed last night and he had a great suggestion.  Is there any way that the range/firing arc bands can turn off if you select the other band?  Similar to the way the man tool makes them disappear?  That way you'd never have for range bands and firing arcs displayed at the same time - it would just switch the last one off.

Playing SoonerTed last night and he had a great suggestion.  Is there any way that the range/firing arc bands can turn off if you select the other band?  Similar to the way the man tool makes them disappear?  That way you'd never have for range bands and firing arcs displayed at the same time - it would just switch the last one off.

It's possible. I did consider it in the past actually, as part of a stricter enforcement of the one-tool rule. I dropped it, as it seemed a very marginal improvement.

But maybe I should reconsider - I do mix CTRL+SPACE and SHIFT+SPACE quite often.

In the meantime, the Clear tool button/CTRL+ALT+SPACE is a godsend.

Version 3.0.0 has been out for about a month now, and I've played quite a few games with it.

Thus far I've had exactly zero bug reports and no major feature requests.

I'm very pleased with the module as it is now. I have a few tweaks I could make down the line, but those are very minor items.

What are your experiences?

(eagerly waiting for CC and wave 5 to hit)

Edited by Green Knight

I agree with your assessment GK.  My experience so far on 3.0 had been great. 

It is very smooth with no real issues to speak of. Even the LOS tool is behaving so far. :)

Great work!

Good to hear.

The LoS tool bug seems less prevalent now (still a Vassal bug, not a Amrada module bug).

When it happens it's usually something like this:

- player A does something

- player A leaves the LoS tool visible

- game continues

- player B pushes Undo

- game continues

- LoS tool is stuck and neither player can unstick it

AFAIK the only way to "fix" this is to undo all the way back to a point where the LoS tool is not visible.

So it's best to not leave the LoS tool visible for too long.

But like I said, it's much less common now.

Question/musings:

Currently, if you park a squadron next to another squadron on top of an obstacle, it appears they are touching token to token, and the obstacle underneath can't be seen. Thus, there is no obstruction.

On the tabletop, however, the clear plastic base would beep cardboard tokens apart, allowing the obstacle to be observed. Hence there IS obstruction.

Could also apply to ship bases, where the grey edge representing the plastic is totally opaque, whereas the plastic base isn't.

So it looks like we have a diff on our hands. Not a very big one, but still there. 

What do you say? Am I correct? Does it need addressing?

Currently, if you park a squadron next to another squadron on top of an obstacle, it appears they are touching token to token, and the obstacle underneath can't be seen. Thus, there is no obstruction.

This bit is a null-issue mostwhat,  - The Rulebook states that they are still considered "Obstructed", even though they are "In contact", even if the obstacle underneath can't be seen...