Sign in to follow this  
Warlon

Spoil the TIE Striker dial already! I must know!

I know me too. I hope they make it so bumping during the aileron step doesn't make you lose an action. Let's say it has an amazing dial, what lists do you plan on making?

If they give it a sufficiently fast dial with long K-Turns and S-Loops then having your first maneuver be predictable won't be that big of a deal because you are using long sweeping hit and run fly-bys. A dial that lets the Striker leverage the additional movement from the title is preferable to one that lets it be a half-ass dog-fighter that has two opportunities to get blocked. It will make it play different than any of the other TIEs and will feel like more than just another stat tweaked TIE. 

If the Striker is spending a lot of the game doing its move from the title, a long K-Turn or S-Sloop, followed by a stress clearing move the next round while re-engaging, losing the action isn't going to be the worst part of the bump. It's the change in your final position that is likely to be your problem.

It could be up to 5 months until we get more info about wave 10 :(

(This is based on when we received final previews for wave 8)

Ecept that the Striker will likely come out with the Uwing in December (I'm betting on the 16th the day of the movie) just like the TIE FO and T-70 expansions were released way ahead of the rest of the wave, to capitalize on the movie release.

So November or early December is when we should get info on the Striker and U-wing....the others probably later, like what happened with Wave 8.

What is everyones thoughts on the alternate title for the striker. I think most speculate that is says "you may roll an additional defense dice  if the attack is three or more attack dice, but you may not modify the defensive roll."

It's not too much of a stretch to think that the second best ace in the expansion will want this title.  

What is everyones thoughts on the alternate title for the striker. I think most speculate that is says "you may roll an additional defense dice  if the attack is three or more attack dice, but you may not modify the defensive roll."

It's not too much of a stretch to think that the second best ace in the expansion will want this title.  

It's not a title, it's a TIE Only modification. I think the best guess as to what it does is to allow you to roll an extra green die if the attacker rolled more reds than you get greens and that you may not use it if your agility is 3 or higher.

First ship to have a 4-speed bank turn.

Although this would be great it wont have the actual template and thus no real 4-bank.

It will have pseudo 4-banks by doing aspeed 2 bank and speed 1 bank (plus the base size between)...or even longer if it has a 3 bank, and then its 1 bank - we'd get a total 5 length bank move!

Although this would be great it wont have the actual template and thus no real 4-bank.

It will have pseudo 4-banks by doing aspeed 2 bank and speed 1 bank (plus the base size between)...or even longer if it has a 3 bank, and then its 1 bank - we'd get a total 5 length bank move!

I think he means that it likely has a three speed turn, do the aileron move, then perform the turns. 1+3=4...I guess.

I think he means that it likely has a three speed turn, do the aileron move, then perform the turns. 1+3=4...I guess.

If so then he means what I kinda said/explained...though not turns just banks.

1 bank followed by a 2 straight is probably about as close to a 4 bank as you'd be able to get. It turns a little more sharply but gives you the same facing facing and a similar distance covered.

Edited by WWHSD