Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

I'm back with a whole load of reworked stuff

In the world of LotR, before he became a hero in the Smaug quest, he was basically the guy in Harvest Moon games. He would farm plants, bees, shepard a flock, build and grow his homestead.

I had an idea based off this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/lotrlcg/comments/55kg06/any_radagasts_cunning_and_secret_paths_users_here/

as well as the fact that Fresh Tracks (even in your reworked form John) is still a very niche card and situational card albeit way better than the original. 

What if Radagasts Cunning and Fresh Tracks were one card...?

Fresh Tracks
1 cost Leadership Event.
Action: Exhaust a Ranger character you control to deal 1 damage to an enemy in the staging area. That enemy is considered to have 50 Engagement cost and does not contribute its threat to the staging area until the end of the round.

OR

Fresh Tracks

1 cost Leadership Event.
Response: After an enemy is added to the staging area, deal 1 damage to that enemy. That enemy gets -2 threat and is considered to have 50 engagement cost until the end of the round.

What do you think John? I like the first one better even though it changes the card quite a bit and effects an enemy already in staging instead of one being revealed during staging. I think it is thematic that you exhaust a ranger (rangers following the fresh tracks of enemies) and makes even more sense that the enemy is already in play because you are tracking its movements as it tries to pursue or find you (engage). This would still help stop enemies engaging or with "surprise" effects when the enemy engagement cost needs to be higher than your threat. It also gives a nice little boost to questing like Radagasts Cunning by dropping the enemies threat or by reducing it to zero until the end of the round. Maybe both effects at once for one cost and exhausting a ranger is a bit too good especially on nastier foes as you are getting in a point of damage, reducing their threat (from potentially 3 or 4 to zero) and not having to engage them for a round/getting bonuses against them in combat because of your threat being lower than their engagement.

Just a thought really because Radagasts Cunning is so average and fresh tracks is so situational/specific.

Edited by PsychoRocka

It's an awesome solution, however it unfortunately goes against the core concept of the project: I intend to revitalize cards, and melding them together is whole other thing. If Radagast's Cunning and Hidden Paths are still subpar even with blank effect, I'll strive to find a way to improve them until they aren't. As for Fresh Tracks themselves, they sure can take some more nourishment, and I think I know what might work now.

Edited by John Constantine