Sign in to follow this  
Flint Sound

Fighting with multiple investigators.

Hi Guys and Gals,

Is it possible to attack a monster with two or more investigators at the same time?

I can't find anything in the rules about it, which probably means it's not possible... but any more than one monster on a space seems like a death sentence for the investigator landing there. I thought maybe teaming up against them was the answer. 

Unfortunately, no, as each investigator has their own separate encounter phase in which their combat would take place. Each investigator in turn would get their combat during their encounter phase in which they must encounter all monsters on their space starting with non-epic monsters before any epic. This is why monster control can be important to prevent a build up. However, if two or more investigators are on the same space many abilities and/or items may be of assistance. Also there are several Tokyo cards that may help with monster fighting. I recommend trying to keep monsters from building up to heavily on any one space, work on getting items to boost your characters, and try to maximize any chance of gaining improvement tokens. Hope this is of at least some help.

Thanks for your reply,

I guess I will have to build up a little more before going in for the attack. And check out Tokyo.

Thanks again...

No problem. Just hope it was helpful. This is definitely a grind of a game to win, especially in one's early plays.  But, I guess a co-op that is tough is a lot better than one so easy that you ask yourself why you go through the motions of playing it. At least with EH the wins you do get feel like you truly accomplished something!