Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

The Corsairs of Umbar

Also, I don't think anybody is gonna misspell Na'asiyah at this point

the whole reason i brought it up initially and why i'm making an effort now is because more than one person has quoted you and spelled Na'asiyah's name as you do.

if everyone knew that you simply can't be bothered to learn her name and are using an incorrect spelling, that would be one thing, but some people have seen your posts and incorrectly assumed that it was correct.

That's awful.... I thought I had it bad just having to wait two or three extra weeks!!!  :P

try like 1.5-2 months on average since the Asmodee merge, add on top of that routinely getting things out of order. or simply not at all: The Drowned Ruins isn't even in the Coming Soon page of our dist's website, and they're listed up till all the way through November

Terrible To Behold doesn't seem very good, but I can see its worth in quests that like to spring powerful high engagement cost enemies on you without your consent. We also from time to time play with pairs of decks where one deck has no interest in ever fighting an enemy, so it can slot in there too.

I can also see a use for the card in trap decks when a boss enemy auto-engages but is not immune to attachments. You could (potentially) push the boss back into the staging area to get trapped and then re-engage a weaker boss. Captain Sahir, for example, would not get to attack (so no new resource tokens) and would also get a trap.

My one big complaint so far about this cycle (otherwise excellent) is that I'm currently running a trap deck with a Noldor deck. But any time I get to a sailing quest I basically can't use the trap deck (ships immune, enemies engage via boarding). I know that I could build a different deck, but I'm sad that trap decks keep hitting quests that ignore them. Sad. But this card gives another way to mess around even with those situations, and select the enemy who is trapped.

And, I should add, this makes it functionally different from Feint (ie it is also about messing with the enemies on another level other than stopping an attack). In these respects, and that giving Leadership a direct equivalent to Feint would be bad, I'm coming around to this card. Eleanor could not serve a dual purpose.

All the confusion is going to be eliminated as soon as any person in question will get his hands on an actual Nyashish card.

I'm the person in question; and the kiwi is correct. Thx dr00.

Where are you from in NZ btw? As I've been all over the place  :D

All the confusion is going to be eliminated as soon as any person in question will get his hands on an actual Na'asiyah card.

[spoiler alert], but Na'asiyah is in The Grey Havens. i get that you don't have it, but does that mean you plan on saying her name correctly when you buy it?

All the confusion is going to be eliminated as soon as any person in question will get his hands on an actual Nyashish card.

I'm the person in question; and the kiwi is correct. Thx dr00.

Where are you from in NZ btw? As I've been all over the place  :D

ah, i'm actually american lol. from Florida originally and lived in Georgia for a while.

i moved to Auckland about 2.5 years ago to study

either way, you're welcome though! glad to help

All the confusion is going to be eliminated as soon as any person in question will get his hands on an actual Na'asiyah card.

[spoiler alert], but Na'asiyah is in The Grey Havens. i get that you don't have it, but does that mean you plan on saying her name correctly when you buy it?

I meant that any person who might get confused by the way I call her will be instantly cured as soon as he sees any Nyashish card, regardless where it comes from. (Because people who will get confused probably didn't see her yet.)

I do own the Grey Havens deluxe, I do not own any Grey Havens APs. 

I meant that any person who might get confused by the way I call her will be instantly cured as soon as he sees any Na'asiyah card

except that you are incorrect, which is i will continue to offer the correct spelling for Na'asiyah

I meant that any person who might get confused by the way I call her will be instantly cured as soon as he sees any Na'asiyah card

except that you are incorrect, which is i will continue to offer the correct spelling for Na'asiyah

You are welcome to, it's your time you're wasting on spelling Nyashish after all  :lol:

You think you have to wait long? In my country we have only one pack from Angmar Awakened and no one knows when we will see anything more... I don't even hope for getting dreamchaser cycle this or next year

Is translation an issue? It seems like you could order English through Amazon third party and just pay a boatload of shipping costs.

When that correct information is perfectly obvious to anyone who'll hold the card in his or her hands - it's kinda wasteful.

if what i was doing 'kinda wasteful', what exactly would you call what you were doing? ;)

You think you have to wait long? In my country we have only one pack from Angmar Awakened and no one knows when we will see anything more... I don't even hope for getting dreamchaser cycle this or next year

man. the feels. i'm so sorry :(

and with the Asmodee merge, it's a lot harder to find it available online.

the only things i can really check are CoolStuffInc (which has really high international shipping costs), or Team Covenant, which has decent shipping, but the subscription charges 6 packs worth of shipping up front (granted, you don't have to pay shipping for a while, but you're locked into the subscription for 6 packs). you could theoretically just order from the store though, which i may start doing.

i wish you the best of luck

How many unspoiled player cards do we actually have for The City of Corsairs?

So far we know that we will receive:
-Prince Imrahil hero
-Prince of Dol Amroth neutral attachment
-Inspiring presence spirit event

-Knight of the White Tower leadership ally

Does this mean we still have 5 unspoiled cards?

There's also a unique spirit ally called Sulien.

As there are 3 Tactics cards in A Storm on Cobas Haven, I'd say we lacks spoilers for:

- 1 spirit card

- 1 tactics cards

- 1 leadership card

- 2 lore card

1 or 2 of them are Gondor allies depending on Sulien's trait. Sulien does not look like she's Gondor, I think she's Dunedain but her trait is unrevealed at the moment.

Here's hoping for: another non-unique Ithilien Ranger actually doing something related to traps, Sulien finally being Gondor and doing something related to Caldara's archetype (some sort of discarding ability would be nice) and a low-cost non-unique Tactics Rohan ally just so I can build a mono-tactics Rohan with enough thematic allies.

Anybody got an image of that spirit girl with the 3 willpower? It's not on the bgg spoiler thread for some otherworldly reason.

Update: Found it.

gQtQc3_Vpn8.jpg

Could she be another corsair? Looks sorta Dunedainish, however.

Edited by John Constantine