Sign in to follow this  
Sciencius

Tie/SF's how many are you buying? and what are the best lists?

When the Tie/SF was announced I was totally psyched! This is the ship that made Poe(!) shout: "WOOAAAA this thing really moves!!!!"

...then the stats, dial and point cost was later revealed and my enthusiasm dropped. However I love the model and I would so much like to get this thing to work and fly a small army of these.. My heart wants to buy 4 and fly these in a furball...but my better judgement is getting me very worried..I have been so wrong in the past and I have plastic that just sits there on the shelve.
Thus so far I will buy one of these, as I think I could get Quickdraw or Backdraft to work in a list, but should I buy 2? Are there any good lists with both of them? And what about 3? or 4?

Or should I just stick to buy one expansion now and wait 3 years for the inevitable “First Order Veterans” box that will make the Tie/SF worth it. 

Please suggest the best 100 list with:

1 Tie/SF

2 Tie/SF

3 Tie/SF

4 Tie/SF

and convince me to buy more than one!

Well so far this is shaping up like I feared it would...

a list with 2 Tie/SF's:

Quickdraw + PTL + Baffle + SOT title + Shield (37pt)

Backdraft + VI + FCS + SOT title + Tie Mk II (31pt)

Yorr + Palpatine (32)

thoughts? 

Far too squishy.  You've not got any ships there that can really hold up to weight of fire, particularly to a torpedo barrage.

Well so far this is shaping up like I feared it would...

a list with 2 Tie/SF's:

Quickdraw + PTL + Baffle + SOT title + Shield (37pt)

Backdraft + VI + FCS + SOT title + Tie Mk II (31pt)

Yorr + Palpatine (32)

thoughts? 

Far too squishy.  You've not got any ships there that can really hold up to weight of fire, particularly to a torpedo barrage.

Very true, TLT-spam will also eat this list alive... *sigh*

if doing shuttle with SF, I'd wait for the Ups

not only is it a scary 4 dice ship which slots in well with QD's glass cannon rage baffle, but you can

1. coordinate QD, for a free rage action

2. baffle QD, triggering her ability at ps 2-6 activation

3. then activate QD, performing a green manuever and shedding the last stress allowing for another action :o

4. still have rage active during your attack, regardless of if you bump or roll or perform another focus action etc

Well I am going to buy just the one, because I am interested in the ship but I am not sure I will be running it often.

It seems a massive shame that the ship is dead on arrival and I hope that FFG see this reflected in sales and the general feeling on the forums so that they release a fix asap.

True... a lot of comparisons online are talking about comparing it to a basic B-wing in terms of point costs and that the current meta is all about massive damage or being an arc dodger.

This ship doesn't seem to have any of that going on.

the SF really isn't dead

it's vastly superior to the X and B, for example

it's just that palp aces and x7 defenders form a pretty unreasonable standard for new ships

True... a lot of comparisons online are talking about comparing it to a basic B-wing in terms of point costs and that the current meta is all about massive damage or being an arc dodger.

This ship doesn't seem to have any of that going on.

the SF really isn't dead

it's vastly superior to the X and B, for example

it's just that palp aces and x7 defenders form a pretty unreasonable standard for new ships

it's got plenty of massive damage via Quickdraw. She's the glassiest and cannon...iest glass cannon in the game that basically packs uber-cluster missiles of death. That's a total 8 dice at range 1

and backdraft is a fine arc-dodger, you just actually have to work that aux arc and actually dodge because you're not sitting on focus evade thrusters palp defenses

it's all about learning how to use that auxilary arc to move where other ships cannot and still have a shot

....That's a fair point (talking about cluster missiles) - this is the first First Order missile carrier; is there any mileage in equipping them with missiles? I don't think they'll ever be a 'pure' ordnance boat like a TIE bomber, but if you've got 4-5 point spare, a missile and guidance chips might be nice.

Another ship shaped like an H? I'll get 0, and wait for an Assault Gunboat. Because it's cool and isn't shaped like an H. 

So even in a posts specifically about TIE S/F we still get a post about the Gunboat. Maybe we should see how much it costs to have it never released.  :lol: