Sign in to follow this  
Audio Weasel

New Article on Heroes T-70

I officially name 5 Green Squadron A-Wings with Snap Shot, Crack Shot and Chardaan as "Snap Crackle and Pop".

Yeah, I am liking the potential of double-tap A-Wings.

Me too. I wonder if this will push a wings into a more competitive bracket?if you could get 5 a wings at range 1 to trigger snap shot that's ten attack dice, followed by range 1 attacks in the combat phase for another 15 dice. Ya it's a long shot but 25 attack dice from one planning phase to the next! not to mention the boost from Crack and a focus action or TL for combat phase

An A-wing Test Pilot with Snap Shot, Opportunist, and Jan Ors supporting gets 4 unmodified dice vs whatever unmodified dice the opponent has on defense.

Exactly enough room for three of those plus Jan with TLT, Adapt, and Chopper!

Snap Shot seems made for Arvel.  Now he becomes a blocker that can shoot twice ;)

Nice.

Q1: Opponent has Snap Shot.  I have Elusiveness.   he/she shoots me with snap shot, can I force my opponent to reroll a die rolled from snap shot?  (I would assume the answer is NO, because it says cannot). 

Q2:  this is an older question, but is ADDING a die considered modification?  Would Jan Ors/Opportunist allow me to add a 3rd die to a snap shot? 

(I SHOULD know the answer to Q2, but it's been awhile and I honestly just forget right now)

Q1: You should be able to since the forced reroll counts as your modification (see Omega Leader and R7, Elusiveness, etc.) which is not stopped by Snap Shot.

Q2: Nope. Adding dice results, change dice results, and rerolling are the only things that are modifications.

Edited by WWHSD

Everyone complaining about Snap Shot not being good against aces needs to remember that the Rebels have R3-A2.

Put this on Nien Numb with that droid, and you get a free Activation Phase attack that lets you put stress on them before they can take any other actions.

Who cares if it's likely to miss? You have them at range 1 in the combat phase, and most likely tokenless. Even Soontir just has his lone focus token. And you can use R3-A2 again during the combat phase to leave them double stressed.

Making that combo available beyond range 1 would be horrific.

Oh...

Oh my. You're right.

This deal keeps getting better all the time.

Also just to clarify, the only way that Soontir has a token when you shoot him is if he did a red maneuver.  Not something that happens very frequently.
Soontir will gain that token if you declare him the target of an R3-A2 attack, as that's when he receives a stress token. He'd get another if you use R3-A2 again.

Derp, missed the Stressbot being used there!  I stand corrected.

Whether Snap Shot will turn out to be good or not I'm not sure. I do however love the thought of the pilot firing off a shot at the enemy based purely on muscle memory as it unexpectedly blasts past the front of his / her ship.

And in a target rich environment like Epic play, there will be a lot of free attack dice being tossed.

Each ship can only Snap Shot once per activation phase though.  Still a lot of dice over several ships over several turns though.  Killer against big low-or-no agility capital ships though!

Snap Shot should be used on a low PS ship (because it's kinda like an action) that has low attack anyways (so you don't feel like your missing out on anything).

Green Squadron Pilot?

Arvel?

Blount?

Edited by Boba Rick

Snap Shot should be used on a low PS ship (because it's kinda like an action) that has low attack anyways (so you don't feel like your missing out on anything).

Green Squadron Pilot?

Arvel?

Blount?

It's not an action. It's an attack.

Blount is funny because you can knock of stealth devices before combat lol. Still not great but funny.

Edited by Kdubb

Green Squadron Pilot?

Arvel?

Blount?

It's not an action. It's an attack.

Blount is funny because you can knock of stealth devices before combat lol. Still not great but funny.

Actually, taking Soontir's stealth device off him is a pretty big deal!

swx57-m9-g8.png

another mini-idea for the wildcard of the bunch

so apart from ARCs and Jess, we forgot about the Dirty Harry of X-wing (Tarn Mison). I think the timing of the two abilities match up fine

Tarn-mison.png

compared to R7 the effect isn't as big (only 1 die re-roll) but, unlike R7, it does something even while no one's shooting tarn

just TL a buddy during the first round and presto!

make it someone like PS 10+ Poe, and he'll benefit typically before Tarn gets shot (if at all)

Tarn get shot? Zap the enemy with the TL and force a re-roll of one die

afterwards? well, unlike with R7, you still keep your TL

people better be feeling real lucky before they shoot you

Edited by ficklegreendice

its worth noting that adding dice to a pool (range1, pilot abilities, opportunist) before you actually roll are NOT considered modifying dice and cancelling a die isnt modding either.

Snapshot doesnt get range1 obviously because secondary weapon but you can add dice to it via Jan Ors, Mauler Mithel, Scourge, or Zeta Leader to name a few as they are adding dice to the roll and not to the result. Omega Leader points this out because otherwise his ability would deny range benefits.

Probably not worth adding a die to it though since it cant be modded, and only ship that can get Opportunist + Snapshot are Awings (which severely suffer without PTL imo). **** straight im putting that on Mithel though...i use him and Scourge quite a bit because they tend to do a sneakily amount of damage and catch people off guard a LOT for some reason.

Just for laughs:

Thane Kyrell

Weapons Engineer

M9-G8

Alliance Overhaul

Biggs Darklighter

R4-D6

Integrated Astromech

Use Thane's ability to redistribute your target-looks during the combat-phase as needed.  

Edited by Duskwalker

^26pt Tarn is looking pretty great, though only rerolling 1 die is kind of meh - I had an opponent practically pulling his hair out last week after converting something like three 2-hit/crit attacks in a row into full blanks.

its worth noting that adding dice to a pool (range1, pilot abilities, opportunist) before you actually roll are NOT considered modifying dice and cancelling a die isnt modding either.

Snapshot doesnt get range1 obviously because secondary weapon but you can add dice to it via Jan Ors, Mauler Mithel, Scourge, or Zeta Leader to name a few as they are adding dice to the roll and not to the result. Omega Leader points this out because otherwise his ability would deny range benefits.

Probably not worth adding a die to it though since it cant be modded, and only ship that can get Opportunist + Snapshot are Awings (which severely suffer without PTL imo). **** straight im putting that on Mithel though...i use him and Scourge quite a bit because they tend to do a sneakily amount of damage and catch people off guard a LOT for some reason.

Mauler/Scourge/Zeta+Snap Shot actually sound great, every die you add is statistically better than the naked greens your opponent is rolling.

How long before these cards appear in other packs, I wonder...bit unfair on non-Rebel players  :mellow:

...guess I'm definitely getting a 4th YT, then...but a 5th, I dunno!  :unsure:

Yea, if my arm is going to be twisted to purchase all of these yt's the least FFG could do is devise a mission that utilizes 4 of them. At least i enjoy painting it. I'll try to come up with a cool color scheme.

^26pt Tarn is looking pretty great, though only rerolling 1 die is kind of meh - I had an opponent practically pulling his hair out last week after converting something like three 2-hit/crit attacks in a row into full blanks.

yeah it's a question of how valuable those big spikes are when Tarn's defending versus all the value that re-roll is generating on a friendly while no one is shooting Tarn

....oh right

IT'S NOT ONCE PER ROUND

:o

Edited by ficklegreendice

swx57-m9-g8.png

another mini-idea for the wildcard of the bunch

so apart from ARCs and Jess, we forgot about the Dirty Harry of X-wing (Tarn Mison). I think the timing of the two abilities match up fine

Tarn-mison.png

compared to R7 the effect isn't as big (only 1 die re-roll) but, unlike R7, it does something even while no one's shooting tarn

just TL a buddy during the first round and presto!

make it someone like PS 10+ Poe, and he'll benefit typically before Tarn gets shot (if at all)

Tarn get shot? Zap the enemy with the TL and force a re-roll of one die

afterwards? well, unlike with R7, you still keep your TL

people better be feeling real lucky before they shoot you

The other advantage this has over R7 is that when Tarn is shot  multiple times he can us it on every attack, not just one. 

How long before these cards appear in other packs, I wonder...bit unfair on non-Rebel players  :mellow:

Yea, if my arm is going to be twisted to purchase all of these yt's the least FFG could do is devise a mission that utilizes 4 of them. At least i enjoy painting it. I'll try to come up with a cool color scheme.

Given that this is a pretty large expansion with almost universally awesome cards i'd be surprised if any of them appear elsewhere for a couple waves.

I almost want 2 HotR packs now for these cards. Almost. I see alot of uses for triples but i dont think theyre worth buying it again lol.

oh...i just had a scary thought....TIE swarms with Snapshot instead of Crack.

3Academies for blocking, 4 Blacks with Snapshot 100pts. Thats a lot of attacks....odds are you wont get all 4 a turn but that just makes it pretty **** hard to avoid.

What is important about the new droid is that it doesn't say anywhere that the locked ship has to attack the droid carrier for the droid to trigger. In other words - TL a guy and make him reroll a die on every attack he makes.

Yeah but since neither tarn and m9 are not once per round like r7 tarn can get a target lock on every ship that attacks him and force a re roll on each of them which can make it even more annoying for your opponent.

Someone pointed out to me later that they come in the new shuttle, too ;)  :

swx60_layout.png

Edited by ianmiddy