Sign in to follow this  
Stefan877

1st Edition Map Tiles incorporated???

Hi!

I was wondering if anyone here who has the 1st and 2nd Edition has used the 1st Edition Map Tiles, yet. I own both Editions, FA and CotW Expansions. So far, I have played from the 2nd Edition Cycle of Eternity twice and Escape from Innsmouth and Shattered Bonds each once. Yet, I always used the 2nd Edition Map Tiles and none from 1st Edition.

What are you experiences??? Yes, I know, that FFG announced an Update for the App which shall bring two new Scenarios including the 1st Ed. Map tiles. But since the Homepage says that all 1st Editions Map Tiles (a.o.) can be incorporated I was wondering, I anyone has used these tiles with one of the four quests currently available.

So, not totally random (granted of course that there are some plot constraints on rooms)... That's a shame, considering the huge pile of tiles you end up with after combining 1e and 2e.

Hopefully FFG might make better use of the whole catalogue now the collection packs have been released.

So, not totally random (granted of course that there are some plot constraints on rooms)... That's a shame, considering the huge pile of tiles you end up with after combining 1e and 2e.

Hopefully FFG might make better use of the whole catalogue now the collection packs have been released.

It's funny, when I first read about the approach, but before I'd experienced it, I figured the app would divide up the tiles into categories, and for each spot on the map that it was needed, they'd swap out the "like-minded" tile randomly (so at position x,y, they might need a small-sized interior room with exits at N, NE, and S, for instance).

I'm quite glad that they went with a more "programmed" approach, even though it feels less like that big pile o' tiles is worthwhile to keep by the board.  It seems more cohesive, and they definitely planned out the maps better because of it.

BTW, I read over on BGG the assertion someone made (after many tests), that with Cycle of Eternity, if the first room is the 1st edition tile starting room, then 1st edition tiles will be used throughout, and if it's the "more standard" 2nd edition starting room, 1st edition tiles won't appear at all.   This means: a) if you want 1st edition tiles used, restart until you get the starting room you need, and b) if you don't do that, and start with 2e, at least you have the option to set aside a big chunk of your room tiles as you know you won't have to dig through them during game play.