waywardgm

Wayward Stars - Group A

Eya looks at Ramani, then at Crow. "Is there a second cell? I believe someone needs to sober up." As Embeetoo seems to have Chak well in hand, she grabs Ramani by the arm and hauls him away from Torin. "Come along, Ramani. Second cell or not, I'm not leaving you here to slobber all over Torin."

"No offense taken, Embeetoo.  Though I am surprised you trust Imperial propaganda.  It was the Jedi and the Republic who were betrayed, but we're not going to settle that now."

Torin could see that the divided loyalties and agendas of his new companions would offer an opportunity to save Chak from the worse of their plans and perhaps a path to channel their energies more productively.

Ramani began his...interest in Torin's skin and it was clear the deathstick had fully hit his system.  Torin tried to calmly ignore the odd Balosar...

"Eya, I'll accompany you to the brig.  Putting Chak in a cell might be best for all of us.  And we can rescue this prisoner and make sure she's ok.  Embeetoo, if you'd do the honors of frog marching our uh, guest, Captain Chak to his new quarters?"

Crow seemed really worked up and even though the clone had aged and didn't quite look the same as he'd remembered, Torin started to feel again that sense of common purpose and camaraderie he'd had with the clone troopers.  Even when they disagreed, which wasn't all that uncommon during the war, there was mutual respect and a sense of a greater purpose.  But that was nostalgia, and that was dangerous these days, Torin had to remind himself.

"Crow, would you mind making sure we get away to somewhere safe?"

Edited by Jedi Ronin

“What? Hey, now. No need for that,” Ramani blurts out when Eya suggests putting him in a cell. “I’m fine. Don’t be mean, Eya. I’m fine. See, unlike many, I can actually handle my sticks. It’s fine. Fiiiiine.”

In an attempt to distract Eya from locking him up, he steps to the wall where the droid holds Chak. He looks at the strange electronic panel. “Oh, Chak my friend, were you trying to open this?” he says as he yanks open the panel and peers inside.

“Well,” buzzed Embee as he lifted his captive off the floor, blade retracted with his hard and somewhat sharp metal hands locked on Chak’s head and neck, “It would seem as if I’ve misjudged you, clone. I had expected a soldier to act with a little more reservation, after all I personally didn’t try to kill you to my knowledge.” The irony was not lost to him, after all his entire reason for being here was due to being hung up on past grudges and memories of the old days. But, that was different….right?

He quickly refrained on spewing out anything else once he saw the greasy one trying to…play with the Jedi’s skin? That little bit in his mouth must have been a deathstick, oh joy. Just what they needed in this time of division: an impaired balosar randomly rambling and attempting to stroke his masters’ admittedly odd looking flesh. They were going to have to jettison those things later.

Torin obviously didn’t care it seemed though. Seemed as if he was more interested in getting this over with; smart. But what was that about ‘propaganda’? How could the Republic been betrayed by someone other than the Jedi…and the Separatists? That was probably best saved for later. “I would prefer we snuff this one out, eliminate a potential threat, but we have an agreement don’t we?” The droid began leading the devoranian towards Crow to follow before the balosar bumped into the back panel. “I agree with the scarred one. This organic needs to be restrained if he’s going to continue puffing on those things.”

Edited by Weedles and Fries

Ramani - I am going to say, because you're a bit buzzed right now, that the panel takes a moment to figure out. You prod and poke at it, before realizing it's a press and release type mechanism, which pops the panel open. Inside the small compartment you find a vibro-knife, a light blaster pistol and a stun grenade, plus a handheld comm. 

Embeetoo - Chak continues to wriggle and squirm, but you can hear his breathing become labored as he struggles with the metal hand around his neck. 

Ramani has completely misjudged the panel, and looks very silly to his friends as he tries to yank open the strangely placed panel. “I’m sure it’s…” he says as he yanks harder. “I’m not imagining things…” he says, getting annoyed with the derisive look on Chak’s face. He finally finds a button hidden under the panel. Just when his friends (business partners when he’s not under the influence of a ‘stick) are about to leave with the Devaronian.

“Hah!” he exclaims as the panel opens, reviling Chak’s emergency package. Ramani removes the vibro-knife, the blaster, a stun-grenade and a handheld comm. “So this is what you wanted to reach, Chak? Planning to shoot and stab us a little, perhaps? Well, you can’t use this when you’re stuck in a cell. Take him away!” he says in a dramatic tone he’s picked up from watching a lot of holo-dramas.

Ramani then carefully replaces the four items in the secret compartment and closes it up again. “Now that we know this is there, it’s good to have an emergency blaster and stuff hidden here, in case of an emergency,” he says with the others. His success has cleared his head a little. He still feels the buzz from the death stick, but the initial euphoria is wearing off. Had he really said out loud what he was thinking about Torin’s skin or did he just think it and imagine he was speaking?

Still glaring at the B2 droid, Crow responds to Eya without moving, "Not that I saw. Camera was trained on the Twi'lek's cell alone. Guess we can find out." And then, hearing Torin speak, Crow finally regains control of himself, though he can't decide if it is because of his own discipline or simply being used to following commands from the Jedi. "Very good, sir. I'll set a course for Ithor immediately. I'll return shortly, after plotting the jump through hyperspace." Turning on his heel with the practiced ease of a soldier, the Clone strides from the hallway and back to the cockpit. Throwing himself into the pilot's seat again, he brings the galaxy map back and starts to program the hyperdrive for the trip to Ithor.

And it was the Jedi who were betrayed, Crow thinks bitterly as he works, by me and my brothers. 

What's the difficulty for that one, Wayward? Also, what has S3-L3 been doing/what is it doing now?

Crow - Because you spent some time looking at the map, and it's not far away in terms of galactic geography, it will be a difficulty of two purple. As far as Sally; the droid has simply been monitoring systems as far as you can tell. It hasn't moved from where you last left it. 

The Cargo Bay: When the group enters from the stern door, they will see a sprawling cargo bay with assorted crates and boxes stashed and secured against the bow and starboard walls. Along the port side is the cell Crow spoke of, and a second one, currently not powered. Inside the first cell you will see huddled the light-blue skinned Twi'lek, Chusara. She is downcast, her eyes glazed over, staring listlessly at the floor in front of her. The small bed and even smaller refresher unit are all that accompany her inside the cell. Around her the flickering red of the laser walls provide a deterrent to escape. 

As you enter, Chak begins struggling harder, not wanting to be imprisoned on his own ship. Chusara jolts as she hears the commotion, but does not move or give any sign she is interested in the event. What would you like to do?

"I suggest we get the Captain here into his own quarters before letting his prisoner out." Torin said as he drew close to Chusara's cell.

Torin squated low to the ground and spoke to her. "I'm Torin,  we're going to let you out in a moment.  Chak is no longer in control here.  We aren't his associates or his replacements in the, uh, organization.  We're just desperate travellers on this ship too, and we'll try to right by you." Torin tried to reassure Chusara.

"Yea yea, get him in there," Ramani agrees. He really wants another 'stick, like he always does when the initial euphoria starts wearing off. He'll feel the buzz for a little while longer, but right now his brain is shouting at him to get more of the good stuff. He ignores his brain. It's a strategy which he's been using for a long time. Just mostly not for drug-related issues.

"And don't worry about a thing, my darling," he says to the Twi'lek. "You could call this a hostile takeover of Chak's business empire, such as it is, meaning we are not his friends, and neither are we Black Sun scum. In fact, we're mostly decent folks, it seems. My name is Ramani Fenn and I'll get you out of there in just a moment."

As he speaks, he walks towards her cell, ready to shut down the laser walls as soon as Chak has been imprisoned. A lovely, pretty Twi'lek girl. Nice body too. Give her a bit of a wash and a new outfit and she'd be as good as new. Ramani smiles. He's always had a thing for pretty, tall Twi'lek women. This day is looking better already. And he hasn't even checked on the cargo hold or found Chak's emergency cash stash.

As they swiftly drew close to the holding cell, the sound of heavy breathing grew loud in the droids ‘ear’. Walking through the corridor, Embeetoo quickly shifted his hand from the front of his throat to the back of his hands, the devaronian taking in loud gulps of air all the while. Even if he thought the man was best killed in the end he didn’t want the lack of air to take him so painfully. Suffering without purpose was meaningless, and after all the crook hadn’t done anything wrong against the droid himself, just his might be crewmates.

Continuing down the path Embeetoo’s mind began to finally grasp his good fortune: he was off Ord Mantell. Freedom had to be out there: freedom from his programming, freedom to rip through the skull of that vile Chevin, freedom to find a reason to continue. Light humming could be heard from his systems as for the first time in a while mildly enjoyable thoughts floated in and out of his head.

Those thoughts drifted away as he remembered the clone’s words however- Ithor. Ithor? Why Ithor? Only a few herdships would be floating around its orbit at this time and the Ithorian’s exceled at organic science, not mechanical. Perhaps it was just a minor stop, hopefully it was.

The door slid open to reveal the cargo bay, Embeetoo tightening his grip as Chak began to thrash more than ever. Maybe it was time to start choking him again. Then came more irrational talk from the others- letting her out without a single concern.

The clunking collection of clogs dragged his burden to the waiting cell; Chak was placed on his knees on the cold hard floor, still upset as ever. He droid then slid over to the panel, pressing a few simple buttons to envelop the sides of the cell in that dismal red light. But, instead of punching the release on the twilek’s cell, Embeetoo turned with his back obscuring and blocking the controls.

“Master” he snapped quite suddenly, “I INSIST that we at least question the organic first and search her after her release. Don’t be a fool, we need to cover all of our bases here. Appearances can and are almost always deceiving. This one could be far worse than the horned one; who’s to say she isn’t ‘Black Sun scum?’ herself?” He stood his ground, a faint rumbling could be heard from his systems. “This is for your own protection, Master. At least find out whom she CLAIMS to be”.

Should I make a Computer check for using the control panel? If so I can edit my post once I have the information for said roll.

Edited by Weedles and Fries

Chusara:

The Twi'lek woman does not stir when Torin approaches. She continues staring at the ground, not moving and not reacting to this new individual who has appeared before her. The same when the slightly more sober Ramani speaks. Her reaction is to not react, to sit and gaze at the cold, steel floor. When Embeetoo raises his vocal processor, Chusara blinks more rapidly, but otherwise gives no additional sign she cares for the proceedings outside the cell. 

Anyone may try and make social checks with Chusara to see if that elicits any sign of life from her. 

Embee - No, that's ok. I am completely into the narrative aspect! 

Chak T'Vont:

Hitting the floor hard, the Devaronian snarls as the lazer walls activate, sealing him off from his own ship and lowering his chances of escape to nil. Slumping back, he accepts that now is a foolish time to continue fighting back. He knows the strength of the walls that these cells have, and also knows better than to try and do anything with so many eyes watching. 

Ramani and Torin - Ok, sounds good. Go ahead and write out what you want to say in character and I will base the difficulty off that. Remember her only real reaction here has been to get startled at the droid in the room being loud.

The Navicomputer:

As Crow inputs the commands for plotting the jump to Ithor, the navicomputer buzzes a rejection and flashes a red error message. The text that appears next shows a lack of navigation data, which the Clone has tried to input, but it cannot calculate it based on the mathematics he has used. 

Edited by waywardgm

"Thanks for your concern, Embeetoo.  Why don't you do a basic medical scan to make sure she's ok, while I talk to her?"

Torin pushed a button on the cell control panel and the energy shield shut off.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty?  We can help you get back home if you'd like..."  Torin tried to draw her out with an offer of food and freedom.

Or to give Ramani a boost when he attempts his spiel? Say he's watching the Twi'lek and notices a reaction to something Torin says?

Ramani was content allowing Torin to try, but if he's getting nowhere your local, friendly Balosar drug-dealer will try... I'll post something later today and get a call on the difficulty once that's done.

What a strange girl, Ramani thinks as he watches the strange alien (Torin, he reminds himself) trying to get a reaction from the Twi’lek. He would have presumed that any prisoner would have jumped at an opportunity to get out of a prison cell and see his captor imprisoned in his stead. Yet there she sits, staring at the floor.

The Balosar thinks for a moment, trying to decide how to get the Twi’lek to open up. In the end, he opts for a variation of a tactic he tends to use when trying to get girls that are a little more innocent than his usual type into his bed. Show a bit of vulnerability when they expect a bad boy and they tend to break, he thinks, recalling a particularly challenging Togruta he won over in small increments over several encounters.

Ramani puts a hand on Torin’s shoulder and nods his head, indicating that the Kel-Dor should give him some space. The sly Balosar then walks into the cell, really hoping Eya doesn’t just kill two mynocs with one blast and activate the laser wall again, locking him in with the Twi’lek. She wouldn’t do that, would she? Nah, he decides. She wouldn’t do that to the Twi’lek girl. Hopefully.

After getting into the cell he unceremoniously sits down on the floor next to the bed. By doing so, and by his general body language, he makes himself seem non-threatening to the Twi’lek. “Listen. I don’t know what you’ve been through. I have no idea why Chack here kept you imprisoned. All I know is that Chak isn’t in charge any more. He’s locked up and you aren’t.”

He sighs and crosses his legs as he sits on the floor. “What happens now is up to you. We are good people, belief it or not,” he says, only fibbing a little. He suspects Torin might be. The rest he’s uncertain about. The droid certainly seems nasty and Eya. Well, who knows about her? Solan and his furry companion (girlfriend? Ramani wonders) certainly seem decent, if a little dim-witted.

“You will not be harmed by anyone on this ship. We have no reason to keep you locked up, so you are free to leave. That said, we are either in hyperspace, or about to enter hyperspace, so leaving the ship isn’t an option at the moment. Once we get to wherever we are going you can leave. We will probably be willing to help you out, if you are in trouble, or if you need to get to a specific place to find friends or family. We are sort of on the run from both the Empire and the Black Sun, so whatever you did that got you locked up here is probably not as bad as what they want us for,” he says with an easy smile.

“So how about this. We get out of this cell, have a nice meal and talk about how we can help you? I’m sure Chak here has some decent food around, he doesn’t seem like the type that likes to go hungry. And I’m sure he won’t mind if we have some. What do you say?”

Ramani - That was a beautiful piece of writing! It's still going to be against three purple, but you will not suffer the setback and will get two additional boosts along with the one Torin has offered. Good luck!