Sign in to follow this  
thebigeb2589

Laying on the couch sick and my cold medicine wheels are turning

Not sure if I'm on to something here or if I should take more zzquil and go back to bed lol.

So I don't know about you but the only 2400 Pilot I fly is dash. Back in the day I dabbled in leebo-determination builds but they weren't as powerful as super dash builds. And I never flew dual 2400 because one of them would be stuck without the title card and that's just meh.

But here I am today rethinking a few things and I had an idea. What's so bad about the 2 die Turret, we'll a lot actually but hear me out. This drug induced thought goes a little further than this.

So at range 1 obviously it's 3 dice which is not too shabby that plus target lock is sweet, no duh right (not saying anything new here). but what if we used the Turret as an emergency oh crap he got behind me weapon instead of as the primary weapon and we utilize the cannon slot and the (imo) best dial in the game to fire just like every other ship in the game. What if we flew 2 Wild space Fringer as wingmen and utilized the remaining points for an "ace"? low ps allows them to move early so youre not worried about someone being in your way plus that awesome dial and barrel roll would allow for some superior positioning ability.

I feel like Pilot abilities like Etahn in the e wing would shine here or whatever.

Idk what about...

E-Wing: · Etahn A'baht (32)

YT-2400: Wild Space Fringer (30)

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

E wings are expensive so there isn't much room for upgrades and you need to put something in that cannon slot or you're just throwing 2 attack dice which is no go for the 2400.

Cheaper "ace" options might include Miranda Doni or Esege but than everybody is slinging 2 attack dice which is problematic

Maybe this heavy b wing which really utilizes the 0pt upgrades

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

B-Wing: · Nera Dantels (26)

Adaptability (Increase) (0)

Extra Munitions (2)

Proton Torpedoes (4)

Collision Detector (0)

Guidance Chips (0)

Take or leave adaptability but it's also 0pts so why not right

Idk like I said maybe I'm on to something, maybe I'm more medicated than I realize, maybe it's Maybelline. Thoughts?

Edited by thebigeb2589

Not sure if I'm on to something here or if I should take more zzquil and go back to bed lol.

So I don't know about you but the only 2400 Pilot I fly is dash. Back in the day I dabbled in leebo-determination builds but they weren't as powerful as super dash builds. And I never flew dual 2400 because one of them would be stuck without the title card and that's just meh.

But here I am today rethinking a few things and I had an idea. What's so bad about the 2 die Turret, we'll a lot actually but hear me out. This drug induced thought goes a little further than this.

So at range 1 obviously it's 3 dice which is not too shabby that plus target lock is sweet, no duh right (not saying anything new here). but what if we used the Turret as an emergency oh crap he got behind me weapon instead of as the primary weapon and we utilize the cannon slot and the (imo) best dial in the game to fire just like every other ship in the game. What if we flew 2 Wild space Fringer as wingmen and utilized the remaining points for an "ace"? low ps allows them to move early so youre not worried about someone being in your way plus that awesome dial and barrel roll would allow for some superior positioning ability.

I feel like Pilot abilities like Etahn in the e wing would shine here or whatever.

Idk what about...

E-Wing: · Etahn A'baht (32)

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

E wings are expensive so there isn't much room for upgrades and you need to put something in that cannon slot or you're just throwing 2 attack dice which is no go for the 2400.

Cheaper "ace" options might include Miranda Doni or Esege but than everybody is slinging 2 attack dice which is problematic

Maybe this heavy b wing which really utilizes the 0pt upgrades

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

"Mangler" Cannon (4)

B-Wing: · Nera Dantels (26)

Adaptability (Increase) (0)

Extra Munitions (2)

Proton Torpedoes (4)

Collision Detector (0)

Guidance Chips (0)

Take or leave adaptability but it's also 0pts so why not right

Idk like I said maybe I'm on to something, maybe I'm more medicated than I realize, maybe it's Maybelline. Thoughts?

b081ca126e08e843ce61415f53c264de_51607.J

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, the YT2400 has this brilliant dial and the Outrider title is so expensive, and the donut hole is such a vulnerability. I thought maybe there is a way to make it work.

One issue is that a fringer without the title is almost the same as a contracted scout...just five points more expensive and without a pilot talent. Any build you put together just feels so much weaker than a triple u boat list.

But I'll have a go:

Leebo: Draw their Fire, Fletchette Cannon, Tactical Jammer, Tactician

Biggs: R3A2, Integrated astromech

Eaden Vrill: Tactical Jammer

Basic plan is to pile on stress so Eaden hits a bit harder with the primary, while Biggs hides behind the tactical jammers. Draw their Fire hopefully keeps Biggs alive a bit longer, but he would probably need R4D6 for this list to have any hope against ordinance. It's not a strong list, but I'd give it a go and have fun with it, and I'd love to see the look on an opponents face if I could win with two 2400s without Dash or the Outrider title.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, the YT2400 has this brilliant dial and the Outrider title is so expensive, and the donut hole is such a vulnerability. I thought maybe there is a way to make it work.

One issue is that a fringer without the title is almost the same as a contracted scout...just five points more expensive and without a pilot talent. Any build you put together just feels so much weaker than a triple u boat list.

But I'll have a go:

Leebo: Draw their Fire, Fletchette Cannon, Tactical Jammer, Tactician

Biggs: R3A2, Integrated astromech

Eaden Vrill: Tactical Jammer

Basic plan is to pile on stress so Eaden hits a bit harder with the primary, while Biggs hides behind the tactical jammers. Draw their Fire hopefully keeps Biggs alive a bit longer, but he would probably need R4D6 for this list to have any hope against ordinance. It's not a strong list, but I'd give it a go and have fun with it, and I'd love to see the look on an opponents face if I could win with two 2400s without Dash or the Outrider title.

that's not a bad list at all but I feel like Biggs would fall apart too fast to utilize r3a2 but I like the idea of using the stress feature for Eaden. What about a stress bot instead of biggs? Using the same idea hiding behind the tactical jammers but dealing even more stress.

And ya u boats are stronger but rebels can dream haha

Edited by thebigeb2589

That was my first idea to use the stresshog alongside Eaden and Leebo. Decent chance to double stress two ships in a single turn.

My worry though is that opponents would just focus fire on Eaden and then the list would lack punch after he dies. Eaden needs to get in close to get that 4 dice primary turret against stressed ships, but getting close makes him vulnerable without Biggs.

I've tried to get Eaden to be effective but it never works as well as I hope. In theory he should be at least as resilient as a single JM5K scout, but the reason the scout is so scary is because you can have 3 of them, each with quite a lot of upgrades. Unless we see a major buff, the 2400 will never, ever have that potential.

Only problem with this is that it requires owning two 2400s.

But an interesting idea nonetheless, it's a shame now that we've seen the contracted scout the finger is so overcosted.

Agreed, the scout just does it so much better, and the scum faction have access to all those great crew and droids with many more options for builds. And if the emphasis is on having a cannon-carrier (<4pt) on a "heavy ship", then the double tap defender just does that better.

One of my favorite lists of all time is:

40: Wild Spacer w/ HLC, rec spec

36: Keyan Farlander w/ Stay on Target, Adv Sensors, E2, Intel Agent

12: Bandit

12: Bandit

Total: 100

The list is pretty dated by today's standards, but it's a lot of fun. I really like the flexibility of a cannon toting fringer and I don't care what anyone says about the cost!