Sign in to follow this  
Texx

Australian National Championships about to be streamed

It gets slaughtered by 2 scouts and a party bus, or any other competitive list with lots of HPs. It does beat all the defender lists which is the new shiney thing which I am sure made a large pirtion of overall lists..

It gets slaughtered by 2 scouts and a party bus, or any other competitive list with lots of HPs. It does beat all the defender lists which is the new shiney thing which I am sure made a large pirtion of overall lists..

I haven't lost against a dengaroo with 2 x7s and omega, and not sure why it would.

x7 Defenders are super resilient. They can easily shrug off 3-die attacks when positioned well and properly token'd up. They are only easy to mow down if flown poorly, and Scouts aren't *that* difficult to outfly. Party bus can be a challenge because of its in-arc coverage, but x7s can absolutely do it, if flown well.

Rubbish. The palp defender list that won has had a ridiculously high success rate against dengaroo

Rubbish. The palp defender list that won has had a ridiculously high success rate against dengaroo

Yep, on the second day Ben (the guy who won with his palp-sicles) was saying he was undefeated against Dengaroo with his list. The defenders have the advantage over other aces vs Dengaroo, because their defence is tipped more towards HP, they have the auto evade + Palp, they can catch Manny, and they can keep the pressure up with with those white K-turns.

Edited by CRCL

This.

Unless the Defender player loses his mind or some truly bizarre dice rolls come out, I don't think there's a way for a "standard" Dengaroo to win this matchup. One 3-dice attack a round is not going to make progress against 3-agility, 6-health ships that always have token stacks. Vess & Ryad have all the time in the world to kill Mana and then Vess can often solo Dengar.

What nearly tripped me up in the Top 4, though, was putting the Painbot on Mana. It meant I took much more damage than normal hunting her down, and that in turn meant my opponent was still in it when she died and the second phase of the game began. Vess was so weak I couldn't push for damage as hard as I was used to. But in hindsight I think even that could be worked around by leading more with Ryad in the Manaroo hunt.

Edited by DR4CO