Sign in to follow this  
nickv2002

Discussion of New Scum Uniques

I've only been playtesting Jabba. And so far, WOW! He is amazing, better, I believe than the Gideon/3PO splash. He's been a massive influence in the games I've played with him. Didn't bother with his card though. Theres nothing wrong with it, but Jabba has so many amazing special actions, that I don't see how he would have a spare action to play that card. Single purpose is great with him though, as is inspirational speech.

These three critters I will test if we get to see their cards. I am pretty excited about all of them, but my gut instinct is that Mandaloriangirl, although really good, probably won't make the team, I would probably take Bossk instead for my 8 pts spot.

Has anyone constructed a list with these guys yet? For my part, I'm most interested in trying out pure Merc lists.

I'm sure more people will be testing once we see the full cards for Rancor, Gamoreans, and Wequays so you can see more ways to fill out a list!

I can vouch that Jabba is the 100% real deal. Will likely replace Gideon and 3PO most of the time.  And I agree with sejestephan that you don't need to run his Unique card because he's got other actions to do.

I also like Vinto + Prey on the Weak a lot as I mentioned in the first post.

Edited by nickv2002

Does anyone else NOT use all their allotment of points in Command Cards when playing Mercs?  When building lists (I do build more thematic lists sometimes) I find I get to 12-13pts and prefer some of the smaller point cards for them. 

As I said in the other thread, Jabba's command card is okay, but it is expensive (2pt) and requires an action.  The action kills it.  Jabba really needs to always be focusing and scheming (drawing command cards) for his two actions unless he is going to order a hit (extra attack/movement) so spending an action to use his card is too much imo.

Yeah, I think Jabba's card shouldn't cost an action. Not because it's not worth it (I think it is) but because it should be strong and competitive with other ultimate command cards (like Son of Skywalker) and I think the action holds it back from being very strong (it definitely wouldn't be broken since it can only go on one deployment per game).

It's already situational enough in the fact that you have to draw it, and really need it early to get the full value out of it, then you have to have an opponent's deployment card worth spending an action to put it on (granted there are a lot but still).

But then you have to decide if it's worth the action to play the card instead of:

1. Focusing one of your guys

2. Drawing another card

3. Or giving one of your figures a second attack this round

I mean, I think it's more effective than a single focus. Let's say it's on a set of Elite Stormtroopers - that means three attacks minimum will receive an extra damage. That's more than one green dice can do (even with surge for +2 damage). And that damage helps kill each individual stormtrooper. If it lets you kill even one of the stormtroopers with a single attack, that's as strong as a focus. And then it will still help against the others.

Is it stronger than giving one of your figures a second attack? No way. If you give a 3 dice person a second attack (or you've focused them already) that right there is stronger than the whole effect of Jabba's blood feud. And you can't lay down blood feud and order a figure to attack in one turn.

My main argument for it not costing an action isn't that the action is not worth it, it arguably is better than one of his actions (and probably than drawing another card, depending), but really it's that a figure's command card should be better than just eh. And since it's already a card that loses value the longer the game goes on and you don't have it, it would be better to have it not cost an action. As it is, I probably won't include it because on the average it's probably better to just focus on more utility cards and using Jabba's actions to get them and focus each round you're not ordering hits.

That's me just spitballing.