Sign in to follow this  
Shadow345

Larger ships than an Imperial Class Star Destroyer?

I really don't think there should be any common capital ship larger then the ISD except for the highly uncommon SSD. Part of the visual themes and cues in SW are the ships. The small, fragile but agile ships of the rebellion (a rag tag mix of races) with a few heavy hitters versus the big looming, and mass produced behemoths of the Empire that is representative of the actual civil war. Poor sentence structure is poor I know :D, I'm really tired.

That being said I also think the ISD needs to stand apart as being a behemoth in the Imperial fleet and therefore I hope beyond maybe the Interdictor and a tector, no other ships comes close to an ISD's size. A bunch of different variant destroyers never seen on screen would dilute the impressiveness of the ISD class.

I personally wouldn't mind if they made a tector class and FFG made several additional visual differences besides the lack of a main hanger to make it more unique from a standard ISD. 

Edited by Forresto

I'm in the camp of more medium ships.

As for the few large ships:

-Mon Remonda style MC80

Is that the one that looks like a skate or stingray?

Also, web search turned up a "Strident Class" Mon Cal ship about 2x the length of the Home One that could work for a "huge" ship.  Though the size comparison chart it was on had the Liberty at about 2/3ds the size of the Home One.

Also, web search turned up a "Strident Class" Mon Cal ship about 2x the length of the Home One that could work for a "huge" ship.  Though the size comparison chart it was on had the Liberty at about 2/3ds the size of the Home One.

If you're thinking of this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Strident-class_Star_Defender

nobody knows how big it is - only that it's a different size from the Galactic-class carrier (which was ISD-length but broader) - and that it's Corellian.