RebelDave

RebelDaves NEW Vehicle (NPC) Cards!

I have honestly rolled a Google check.... Got no successes, two threats. Sorry.

I can’t claim any more success in this area than you have had. So, we’re both in the same boat on that one.

But there have apparently been some other people who’ve said that they do have good images of this type, or know where they can find them.

So, for those people, if you could make sure that Dave has gotten the images you were talking about, that would be great.

Thanks!

OK Guys, long overdue update.

ALL Cards previously published have been adjusted to a more accurate size, so they are now exactly Poker card size to their crop marks.

All have had a margin adjusted for consistency with later cards.

On top of that, you now get 3 sets of Silhouette 4 cards.(This includes the CEC Back catalogue, which is just a pile of CEC Ships).

The first lot of Sil 5 cards are also up.

I have another set of Sil 5 cards ready for Quality Control, and another set ready to make now I have enough images.

I believe I have exhausted all avenues for Sil 4 and 5 now, I simply cannot find some images, but I think ive covered about 80% of whats in the books so far.

I might let you in on my plans for Sil 6 and above... not sure yet ;)

ENJOY! and please, feedback if you have any! I would love to know if anyone is actually using these in games, and if they have actually made your lives at the gaming table any easier!

RebelDave

(rawr!)

I am, and yes, they have! I love them!

I'd love more details on how they have helped :)

It seems this thread gets alot of reads, but I have no idea how far my cards have gone, and whos using them and how.

Or even, whos tried and not used them becuase of X reasons..

It seems this thread gets alot of reads, but I have no idea how far my cards have gone, and whos using them and how.

I'm somewhere in between. I've downloaded 'em, and they're gorgeous, but haven't printed 'em yet. I try to do heavy(ish) color print jobs at work instead of home, and just haven't picked up any cardstock to do it yet. My ideal, though, as mentioned a while back, would be to isolate them as single cards and print through makeplayingcards.com or someplace similar. And that just ain't happenin' til after the first of the year.

I'm somewhere in between. I've downloaded 'em, and they're gorgeous, but haven't printed 'em yet. I try to do heavy(ish) color print jobs at work instead of home, and just haven't picked up any cardstock to do it yet. My ideal, though, as mentioned a while back, would be to isolate them as single cards and print through makeplayingcards.com or someplace similar. And that just ain't happenin' til after the first of the year.

Can I just say that this particular idea I've highlighted is... ahem... On the Cards.....

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though... this is actually the plan. It shouldnt be difficult once I know what bleed is require for each individual file.

But when I do this... im not sure, I might wait until ive done the last Sil 5 batch, and the 3 or 4 Capitol ship cards I have in mind so I can do them all at once, or I might work on those in parrallel, not sure yet, I have a few projects on the go at the moment, and between them, work, and my mental health swings, I dont have much of a schedule to work on :)

I remember you mentioning that. And I, for one, say that there's no rush. With holiday spending upon us, including some super-secret RPG-related expenses I have, printing cards that way isn't even a possibility for me til after the first of the year.

So, take your time, and keep up the great work, as I figure out which of my homebrew NPC's and such will get the card treatment from me. :)

I remember you mentioning that. And I, for one, say that there's no rush. With holiday spending upon us, including some super-secret RPG-related expenses I have, printing cards that way isn't even a possibility for me til after the first of the year.

So, take your time, and keep up the great work, as I figure out which of my homebrew NPC's and such will get the card treatment from me. :)

Oh no worries there :)

If you need any help with anything let me know :) more than happy to collaborate with anyone on anything, just to keep me occupied :)

I printed them out on a color printer using regular paper, and then sleeved them. It works great, and isn't a lot of money. I always have them on hand at the table, as most of the PC's are Rebels and so far the stats I've needed most are the various TIE ones. I also used the airspeeder recently. I love it because I don't have to be flipping through two or three unwieldy books while rolling dice and trying to keep track of initiative. (I can do all that, the cards just make it way funner!)

So yes, the card help a ton, and I really love them. The only thing I need to do now is buy a few more sleeves and a deckbox to store them in.

EDIT

I'm probably going to re-print everything now that there's the update, cause I like them that much! And if you aren't worried about having a card, regular printer paper works fine.

Edited by Vestij Jai Galaar

I printed them out on a color printer using regular paper, and then sleeved them. It works great, and isn't a lot of money. I always have them on hand at the table, as most of the PC's are Rebels and so far the stats I've needed most are the various TIE ones. I also used the airspeeder recently. I love it because I don't have to be flipping through two or three unwieldy books while rolling dice and trying to keep track of initiative. (I can do all that, the cards just make it way funner!)

So yes, the card help a ton, and I really love them. The only thing I need to do now is buy a few more sleeves and a deckbox to store them in.

EDIT

I'm probably going to re-print everything now that there's the update, cause I like them that much! And if you aren't worried about having a card, regular printer paper works fine.

Awesome, im really glad you like them :)

Give me a warm fuzzy wookiee hug feel :)

These are pretty awesome, but would it be possible to make one sided versions of them so I can just shove them into a card sleeve with an old magic card instead of having to arts and craft them?

These are pretty awesome, but would it be possible to make one sided versions of them so I can just shove them into a card sleeve with an old magic card instead of having to arts and craft them?

Unfortunately, given the format I have chosen, there is not enough space on a single side for all the information presented, in the manner I am presenting it. Even if I lost the image, quite a few cards still wouldnt have enough space.

That would detract from the visual element of the card, making it harder to find the card you want "at a glance"

There are other cards out there, I think Talkie Toaster has a few, that uses icons to represent range and damage etc, that put everything on one side.

I have personally tried to emulate the style and layout of FFGs NPC cards, which also put the Talents and Equipment on the reverse side.

So... thank you for the compliment, but I am afraid I cant do single sided cards, without changing the entire design :( (not to mention, I cannot see a good way of achieving that result - Talkie Toasters does (and he is using someone elses Template who name eludes me... but I personally dislike the symbol approach he has used)

One thing I’m hoping to do [1] is to have the card images printed on real playing cards at makeplayingcards.com, which will do all that hard work for you.

In the meanwhile, if you print them double-sided on quality card stock [2], then it should be a relatively simple matter to trim them to size.

So, you can choose to wait, or not. It’s up to you.

1: once this process gets a bit further down the road

2: which most any decent print/copy shop should be able to do for you

Hmm, I don't know, I feel like the relevant information could be condensed quite a bit. Stuff like if the ship has a navicomputer could simply be a small symbol somewhere, consumables, crew size etc. could all be small bars like the one that indicates sensor range. Firing arcs could be small images as well, and weapon stats aren't listed on the FFG cards for NPCs as far as I know. 

Hmm, I don't know, I feel like the relevant information could be condensed quite a bit. Stuff like if the ship has a navicomputer could simply be a small symbol somewhere, consumables, crew size etc. could all be small bars like the one that indicates sensor range. Firing arcs could be small images as well, and weapon stats aren't listed on the FFG cards for NPCs as far as I know. 

Someone else has taken that approach, and I personally dont like it, i feel it makes the card too cluttered.

FFGs NPC cards do have the stats for their weapons on the reverse with the weapon in question.

I choose to format my cards in the say way FFG formatted their cards, as I am trying emulate their style choices.

I totally understand where you're coming from, Aetrion, but I really like what Dave's done by emulating the existing style of FFG's NPC cards. The front-and-back statistics work fine for me, and having a consistent system of reference from the in-book stat block to the cards makes it easier for me to use them. I think that condensing information further by incorporating new symbology would slow, rather than improve, speed and ease of reference.

Oh, I get what he's doing, and it's very cool, it's just that getting these printed up in a way that matches what you get in the card packs is a bit of an undertaking. :D

It does set a high bar. However, I believe that Dave has demonstrated that he can clear that bar, at least with regards to the graphics and text and layout.

Beyond that, you’re at the mercy of the output process which he cannot control.

First, these are great cards, thank you so much for making them! That said, as I was preparing to print them out I have noticed both an error and an omission that you might want to fix:

1) The Starhawk speeder bike is listing an Armor rating of 3 when it should be 0.

2) The Gymsnor-3 Light Freighter has a "Modular Cockpit" additional rule that isn't included on the card.

I also spotted two naming issues, but they are very minor and pedantic: the B-Wing's model serial is listed as TA/SF-01 when it's supposed to be the A/SF-01, and the Wayfarer-class Medium Transport is listed as a Medium Freighter instead.

First, these are great cards, thank you so much for making them! That said, as I was preparing to print them out I have noticed both an error and an omission that you might want to fix:

1) The Starhawk speeder bike is listing an Armor rating of 3 when it should be 0.

2) The Gymsnor-3 Light Freighter has a "Modular Cockpit" additional rule that isn't included on the card.

I also spotted two naming issues, but they are very minor and pedantic: the B-Wing's model serial is listed as TA/SF-01 when it's supposed to be the A/SF-01, and the Wayfarer-class Medium Transport is listed as a Medium Freighter instead.

Thank and you are welcome :)

And shhhhhh dont tell Brad!

I will get those fixed tonight and post again when they links are updated.

OK, I have update the cards, and the link work for me directing to the new versions (File name remains the same).

HOWEVER.

The Wayfarer, in the book is it listed as a Medium Freighter, so I am not sure where the Medium Transport comes from?

If its a grammer thing, well... tough, I've stuck to whats in the books, so if its grammatically wrong, blame FFG :)

I think I need to give my QC Department a break, I might have been working him too hard! ;)

Ah, sorry then. The Wayfarer is apparently alternately referred to as both a Transport (under "Selecting a Starting Ship" and the ship's actual text description) and a Freighter (under the title and statblock in the starship profile) in the EOTE rulebook, and I was going off the former. The ship is basically straddling the difference between the two classes, anyway.