RebelDave

RebelDaves NEW Vehicle (NPC) Cards!

OK EVERYBODY!

After what seems like 4 weeks of me saying "This weekend, next week, next few days, very soon" etc etc etc...

THEY ARE FINALLY HERE!

People might have been expecting a 'Wave 2' of 8 More cards.

Well, you got them.

And 24 more on top of that. And an updated Wave 1.

All cards now have been references on the back, so you know which book the stats came from if you want to look them up!

Where next? Well, I have plenty of images for all the Sil 2 ships, but what would you all like to see?

I will say, I am NOT putting any time frames on the next lot. They WILL come, but I have a couple other projects on the go at the moment, and thats eating up alot of my time :)

Please give feedback and requests, and if you find any awesome images, let me know!

RebelDave.

Right....

Potential lul in projects... which means time for more cards.

Question is... what cards?

thus far everything has been Sil 3 or less.

While I have already trawled the net for the rest of the published Sil 3 ships and have (i think) everything available for them... is that really what people want?

Or would a set of "Iconic Sil 4 Ships" be more to peoples desires? (That would give you YT1300s, Lambdas; Firesparys etc), which might be more useful.

So.. what do you all want?

Are the links on the first page of this thread for the updated versions of these then?

Even if they aren't the updated versions they're AWESOME!!! Great work :)

Have been trying to decide on a suitable ship for the ISB Nemesis that's currently on the tail of my players.... Having just seen the card for the Tie Hunter it's gotta be that all the way!!

Are the links on the first page of this thread for the updated versions of these then?

Even if they aren't the updated versions they're AWESOME!!! Great work :)

Have been trying to decide on a suitable ship for the ISB Nemesis that's currently on the tail of my players.... Having just seen the card for the Tie Hunter it's gotta be that all the way!!

Yes, the links int he first post are the most current ones, fully vetted and checked for accuracy and errors.

If anyone finds any errors, let me know :)

Personally, I'd rather see the collection expanded with common (no offense, but I dislike the word "iconic") Silhouette 4 ships rather than try to "complete the set" of smaller ships.

I use the term Iconic in reference to ships we see in the OT, the ones that are most synonymous with Star Wars on the Big Screen, in the case of the first batch, the 4 Alliance Starfighters we saw in the OT, and the three Imperial TIEs. Because to me, they are iconic of the trilogy. :)

Personally, I'd rather see the collection expanded with common (no offense, but I dislike the word "iconic") Silhouette 4 ships rather than try to "complete the set" of smaller ships.

I use the term Iconic in reference to ships we see in the OT, the ones that are most synonymous with Star Wars on the Big Screen, in the case of the first batch, the 4 Alliance Starfighters we saw in the OT, and the three Imperial TIEs. Because to me, they are iconic of the trilogy. :)

You're quite right, and I probably should have kept my comment to myself; I hope you don't think I was casting aspersions on your vocabulary. I just feel that "iconic" is overused, or often used incorrectly, much the same way as the word "epic." As such, even when its use is appropriate, I can't help but roll my eyes and pour forth snarkiness in "epic" rivers.   ;) 

I'll shut up now.

You're quite right, and I probably should have kept my comment to myself; I hope you don't think I was casting aspersions on your vocabulary. I just feel that "iconic" is overused, or often used incorrectly, much the same way as the word "epic." As such, even when its use is appropriate, I can't help but roll my eyes and pour forth snarkiness in "epic" rivers.   ;) 

I'll shut up now.

Absolutely zero offence taken. And didn't even feel your post was disparaging in anyway :) was simply explaining why I used iconic in the way I did.

Your feedback and support is hugely appreciated so don't feel you cannot say anything.

I am currently looking for sil4 images for the ships listed earlier. Did you know there's very little appropriate yt1300 art out there? It's all the wrong style or wrong angle or looks off. It's very surprising!

You've probably already thought if this Dave, but have you tried the X-Wing, Armada and LCG artwork for YT images?

I've basically been doing google searchs for "Millinnium Falcon Art / artwork" "YT-1300, YT1300," and various combinations of that... ill have a try at adding the game lines to it...

Its not that theres a lack of pictures, but a lack of appropriate style... many are from the rear or the ship, or the underside, or look too bulky or stretched out, or too busy (I have a LOVELY one that I used on the front of Op Costs, but the ship is a very similar colour to the background, so it doesnt stand out). or are clearly computer generated, or similar.. I have one or two... but nothing really special for one of the most famous ships of the SW Screen

OK, so this is frustrating.

Every image of a YT1300 or the Falcon, is either:

From the rear. Looking down on top

From the front, looking up from under.

Directly in front.

Clearly Computer generated.

Or proportions look wrong (too thick, too long/stretched)

Too busy with far too many other elements going on.

There seems to be a total lack of 'Art' (Drawn, not photos of a model, miniature, not black and white, not 'overly stylised' etc), from any angle that is flattering... the few I have found dont seem to show the ship, just really... allude to it (As in you would know it if you saw it, but thats becuase you are a fan), and I really cant decide which would be best.

So.. anyone whos following this thread... throw your favourite images at me!

Its a good image.

But its abit sterile, abit too technical.

Id have to put to on a background, and then it would just look "placed there" with no "life" to the image, and thats beyond my skills in photoshop to add at this point..

As it is, ive got one ive been working on, but not sure if its going to work out..

This is however, a good angle, as opposed to "look up at someones chin, or watching them walk away" kind of angles, (if it was a person"

Its a good image.

Id have to put to on a background, and then it would just look "placed there" with no "life" to the image, and thats beyond my skills in photoshop to add at this point..

As it is, ive got one ive been working on, but not sure if its going to work out..

This is however, a good angle, as opposed to "look up at someones chin, or watching them walk away" kind of angles, (if it was a person"

Put it on a starfield. 

Its a good image.

Put it on a starfield. 

Like I said, I can do that, but it still lacks some life... it needs things like engine exhaust, and a sense of movement, or life, and thats something ive not quite mastered in Photoshop.

However, I think I might have a really good image now ive cracked some of the edits.. but you will have to wait and see!

Ugh... I have been trying and trying to print these out, but they will not print correctly on a letter size paper (they shrink, and will not line up). Has anyone else been able to overcome this? Getting A4 cardstock paper is seemingly out of the question...