RebelDave

RebelDaves NEW Vehicle (NPC) Cards!

Flashfury is in SoF, its a single seat, stripped down (from the factory) facing swoop, very fast, very responsive, zero safety kit, sold as a racing bike.... im wondering if thats the one on the cover of SoF... that would be a good image...

The issue with the 'screen cap' nature of image 6 is that it has no margins to play with, so could be difficulty to centre and fade

I was just pointing out: that is a Flare-S, so compare the better images for the one that looks the most like the Flare-S in that image.

Of course you are....  duh... sorry... brains trying (and failing) to multi task...

And its not the first time FFG have duplicated (and changed) Vehicle Stats... you ahve Standard and Civillian Airspeeders (Different Max Altitudes), and theres Hyperfoil 1000 XTC which is in two books, one as a Landspeeder and another as an Airspeeder.

OK Guys,

I know I promised an update with more cards, last weekend and this week.

I have failed in that promise. I am sorry.

HOWEVER, the reason is due to some issues that have cropped up during quality control, since I want to ensure everything prints correctly, I need to make the tweaks, then wait til the following day where I can print them at work.

One thing that I am trying to add are Book/Page reference tags on the back of each card, so you know where to find the full book entry for the ship on that card.

Is this something people would want/need/use/desire etc? If its not, then I might scrap the idea entirely.

THE GOOD NEWS

I have (pending final quality control), 36 more cards ready to go.

The Other Good News

I have sufficient images to cover all but 10 of the currently published Sil 3 star fighters, meaning at least 17 more cards are most likely in the pipe line (assuming anyone wants them).

Thats before I have even started looking at Sil 4+ ships.

I have a working draft for Capitol ships as well.

So really... do you think I should continue with the Book/Page tags?

And if people want me to continue making these, do you want me to finish off the Sil 3 ships I have pictures for, or do some Sil 5,6,7,8 and come back to the rest of the Sil 3s?

And if anyone is printing and using these, I would love to know :)

RD

I have to take them to a printers, so I want to do them all at once (and am therefore eagerly waiting for a few more waves). I will most certainly use them though!

I have to take them to a printers, so I want to do them all at once (and am therefore eagerly waiting for a few more waves). I will most certainly use them though!

Pending Quality Control, I have 4 more sheets to come out in short order (They are basically finished, except for the Page/Ref tags IF they stay). But its a mix of stuff... Airspeeders, Landspeeders and Bikes, Walkers and more Starfighters.

What would you want to see next? More Sil 3 Starfighters? Freighters? Otherwise I might just plough ahead and do all the Sil 3 ships I have images for (all starfighters) and get them out of the way, before moving onto Gunboats (Sil 4), and work my way up the classes.

Oh and I would check the alignment before you get them all cut... the machines I have at work can be all just enough to mess them up, depending on how i feed the paper and how straight it is. Print them ACTUAL SIZE and they should be fine (and ive found Short Edge first is better, dependant on machine).

And then cutting needs to be very accurate, as the margins are VERY VERY fine. I can provide measurements if you wish, if you tell me what paper size you are printing on.

Edited by RebelDave

Oh yes, I'm sure that I want more cards than you will make. Book references are nice, but if it causes a problem, let it go. Just my 2 credits.

As long as I have stats, and suitable image, I will endeavour to do a card for everything (There are a number that are simply not dobale due to a lack of image)

But there are currently 270 statted vehicles in the books, and more books to come out.... so bare with me!

I certainly wont be able to do all 270, simply because a lot dont have ANY images, and some just dont have suitable images.

Just so you know, I am still eagerly awaiting these... :-)

I know I know! Sorry!

I'm waiting on final quality control and they will be good to go

I'm working on something else too so a second batch may be delayed as I want to get this project done before I start more cards to avoid over stretching myself which will result in everything being less than it could be

But these are just the start! I can promise you that. Stay tuned.

OK, I have to apologise again.

Since the last post, I have had to overhaul all my font files, while means I might need to go and tweak all the cards (and potentially get the QA'd briefly) before I release them...

With my work schedule for the rest of the week, this might not happen until next week when I am off work.

They are coming, they are basically ready, I just need to see what happens when I open them and Publisher has a fit becuase my font files have changed... I dont relish that thought.

Agreed. You're holding yourself to a high standard, which is admirable, but none of us are paying customers. You've no obligation, real, virtual, or imagined, to provide goods or services. We all appreciate the vagaries of real life... so don't sweat it!

We're all looking forward to the sheets but, speaking for myself, I'd rather you're happy with them and don't get stressed out over this. Remember, we play to have fun!

Okay, just completed QA on the last page of cards I had to work on.

Unfortunately, there were a few minor issues with several ships, but only minor. Shouldn’t take long to fix.

No, not they wont take long to fix once I have worked out which fonts have gone squiffy.... which is not making itself obvious...

OK, I have to apologise again.

I have to disagree. That is no reason to apologise. Thanks for letting us know. I am looking forward to print wave 1 and 2 out soon. :)

You'll be getting 5 sets of cards, so technically I guess 5 waves? (Although Ive not named them as such... so technically, Wave 1 and 2, and then 3 'others')

Agreed. You're holding yourself to a high standard, which is admirable, but none of us are paying customers. You've no obligation, real, virtual, or imagined, to provide goods or services. We all appreciate the vagaries of real life... so don't sweat it!

We're all looking forward to the sheets but, speaking for myself, I'd rather you're happy with them and don't get stressed out over this. Remember, we play to have fun!

Ill try not to sweat it... and unfortunatly... I WOULD play to have fun, but I currently.. dont get the play at all. (Technically, ive NEVER played this game, since my group apparently "wont want to play it unless im GMing it"...)

Which SUCKS.

I say this with all due sincerity — OCD can be a real burden sometimes.

There are times when I harness my own OCD in ways that I believe are beneficial, but it can easily spiral out of control.

So, please — don’t let that happen to you.

I will do my best... im currently stressing over a 2mm margin error in something else now. :angry:

Ill try not to sweat it... and unfortunatly... I WOULD play to have fun, but I currently.. dont get the play at all. (Technically, ive NEVER played this game, since my group apparently "wont want to play it unless im GMing it"...)

Which SUCKS.

If you don’t have a local group, then this can be fixed through online play, if you’re interested.

I will do my best... im currently stressing over a 2mm margin error in something else now. :angry:

Yeah, 2mm can either be a very small amount or a very large amount, depending on your point of view. :(

I recommended to someone else (in another thread) to try episodic play in the same fashion as The Clone Wars or SW:Rebels cartoons. Each session/episode can feature a differing cast of characters, but contributes to the overall story arc. Most importantly, EVERYBODY gets time on both sides of the screen. If you'd like to chat about it, send me a PM and I'll help if I can.

I apologize for derailing the thread; let's return to the topic at hand.