RebelDave

RebelDaves NEW Vehicle (NPC) Cards!

Artwork for a lot of the stuff would be easy to find. Not all of it has it, but Wookieepedia has a pretty sizeable archive. Tell me what you want and I can probably find it.

I have art for the next 8 planned, and a few others.

I have not really looked into Speeders and Walkers yet, but its not just the image, its the style of the image too :)

(However I work with an artist, and the guys at Rancor might be able to help too) So stay tuned, and if you have requests.. lemme know!

Art work pending, Wave 2 might be out this weekend.

Art work pending, I can probably churn out 8 cards in a day now I have a template.... its all about the art and whats available now.

You know... If you share what kind of artwork you need, I am sure you would get a lot of help right here...  ;)

Simply put, I need artwork for any ship that could go on a card.

Right now I'm working on sil 3 ships, then walkers and speeders, then sil 4 if they fit on a card, and working my way up.

I need art that matches the style of what I've used already, which means not comic book images, not line art, not computer game captures, ideally images with some movement or action in them.

I have a number that I am going to try, and I have an artist friend who is going to tweak a couple of others in exchange for beer (but if he doesn't get to them this weekend, it delays my next batch)

Essentially. If it's in one of the books, I need an image per the stipulations above. Which causes issues since some ships have never had any pictures ever made, and some have only ever had rough line drawings from much older supplements or comic books. (Eg, the tie aggressor, or the h-wing, I have an image of both but they need 'more' doing to them to get the style right, since I don't want to compromise the quality of my work by using lower standard images

I'll check them out later on since I'm at work. I've not looked into air speeders myself yet so I have no idea what's available.

But I did have trouble finding images for some of the more obscure or lesser known star fighters

Edit: ok I've had a glance at a number of those and I should be able to get another 8 out. So wave 3 may drop this weekend :)

If anyone wants to do more leg work feel free. If I can get a page if swoops a page of air speeders. One of land speeders and one of walkers. That should tide you over til I can get my other images

:)

Edited by RebelDave

In addition to those above, here are some. You might have to blend some in one wave.

Landspeeders:

• AV-21 (SoT): One.
  • Luxury sail barge (LoNH): One.
  • Floating Fortress (FiB): One.
  • SC2-M tank (FiB): One.

Airspeeders:

Walkers:

Plenty more images of AT-ATs and AT-STs.

UPDATE

Pending some editorial feedback, another 8 cards will be up soon.

Pending some artwork (And if that takes too long, a chance in ships) and some editorial, a further 8 cards will be up (maybe within the week).

Pending my brain and eyes not exploding, editorial, and assuming I can find artwork.... yet ANOTHER 8 cards are forth coming (Maybe within the week)

After that.... Well, depending on time, art and editorials, I cant see anything stopping me doing more.

Any requests?

(When I hit ships with LARGE weapon loadouts, I might need to rethink the format and do double sized cards.... which could slow me down abit)

Landscape cards would require much wider images. It also would leave alot of space under the image on the front.

Double sized portrait cards would have less of an issue there, Im also not sure if I should just scale everything up, or leave the stat boxes the same size... in which case they might look odd with lots of excess space...

Ill need to go over the rules for capitol ships and see if there is something extra I need to add.

Maybe for larger ships you could just do multiple cards, i.e. 1 of 2, 2 of 2, etc? Personally, I'd prefer that do having double-sized cards. I like the tarot card idea for more complex stat blocks (particularly since FFG already makes sleeves in that size [utilized by Armada]), but I don't know that they necessarily need to be landscape format. I think Funk Fu Master was looking for some continuity, but I'd prefer to keep the orientation the same as your other cards, even if the card size changes.

Another idea would be folding cards, or cards that could optionally be cut into separate cards but could also optionally be kept connected to each other so that they fold.

Folded cards wouldn’t work well with sleeves, but they would guarantee that the parts of the card(s) are kept together with the other parts.

For anyone who is doing sleeves, they could cut the cards apart and then potentially tape the sleeves together (if they wanted).

Just an idea. Personally, I’m not sure that there is a “best” solution in this space, it may just be a matter of trying to find the least objectionable solution to the problem.

Landscape cards would require much wider images. It also would leave alot of space under the image on the front.

Double sized portrait cards would have less of an issue there, Im also not sure if I should just scale everything up, or leave the stat boxes the same size... in which case they might look odd with lots of excess space...

Ill need to go over the rules for capitol ships and see if there is something extra I need to add.

Landscape cards wont need a wider image. Just put one side of a face as the square image and the other as the stats, leaving the reverse side free for the weapon stats

For Capital Ships I always wished for cards that included stats for the standard crew of the ship. I mean like the dice pools/ strain threshold/ talents for the bridge crew and the gunner minion crews etc.

It might not fit on a small card, but maybe like a single page. That way the GM would have everything they need to run the ship on a single page. Ideally the page can be modified for the BBEGs more experienced crew.

Anyone seen anything like this?

May the force-fields be with you.

Edited by GM Fred

All food for thought. I'll look at all the ideas when I get to ships of that size

First of all I need to finish the 40 odds cards I've got lined up. Which means finding appropriate art and making some decisions. I'd like feedback from you all on what image would be best for a standard or civilian airspeeders and if anyone can suggest images for vehicles that don't have any official images at all

Also what is the general opinion on airspeeders

You have the 'cars' the open topped 2 seat sort (like anakin stole in aotc and organa drove in rots)

And then you have the single seat flyers like the one anakin flew from padme to palpatines office in rots

They all seem to be classed as air speeders

I'm also lacking pictures for speeder bikes. I'll get a complete list when I'm home but if anyone has any images they can provide it would certainly speed things up!

(In fact any images for ships listed in the books won't go amiss!)

(That said if anyone can get me a good screen cap of the imperial troop transports from rebels (the ones with the passenger/prisoner compartments on the side) that would be fantastic)

Doesn't the civilian airspeeder have room for multiple passengers? So something with more than 1 seat may be a good idea.

More images

Edge of the Empire CRB:

Getting into the capital ship range here.

OK Guys, im getting way ahead of myself at the moment.... I need to finish some of the 40 I have in progress before I move into more...

But Now I think I need your help... Ideally, I need Four more Speeder Bikes, and Four more Land Speeders.

So... can anyone provide me with suitable images for the following (Some may not have any images, so SOMETHING that isnt obviously something else would do... but im awful at this kind of decision):

Flare-S Swoop

Aratech 57-D Bike

KV Swoop

Mobquet S-5 Flashfury Swoop

85-XS Heavy Speeder Bike

Mobquet Flare-V Swoop

610-AVA Dart Speeder Bike

Joben T--85 Speeder Bike

Four would be great, so I can do a full page of just bikes.

But the means I need four more Land Speeders of usefulness...

One of which would be the Imperial Troop Transport (from Rebels, a good screen cap will do, so far I cant find any that show the whole vehicle).

Anything else that might be useful in a game, rather than loads of unarmed and similar transports.

Cheers in advance!

Some more bike images (swoops, to be particular):

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything on the 57-D, the S-5 Flashfury, the 85-XS, and the Flare-V, as I believe those were all introduced by FFG in the books they appear in, and there were no accompanying images. The KV swoop has a single black-and-white image from a WEG book, while the 610 is supposed to be a variant of the 614, which, along with the Joben, have a few high-quality renders over a blank white background. Unless you can extract an image from Star Wars Rebels, there isn't much on them.

There are very few landspeeder images, and even fewer that aren't Luke's X-34.

Some more bike images (swoops, to be particular):

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything on the 57-D, the S-5 Flashfury, the 85-XS, and the Flare-V, as I believe those were all introduced by FFG in the books they appear in, and there were no accompanying images. The KV swoop has a single black-and-white image from a WEG book, while the 610 is supposed to be a variant of the 614, which, along with the Joben, have a few high-quality renders over a blank white background. Unless you can extract an image from Star Wars Rebels, there isn't much on them.

There are very few landspeeder images, and even fewer that aren't Luke's X-34.

Yeah, I could only find a couple of the Joben from Rebels, and it was more Kanan than bike... so not quite appropriate.

Which of those pictures (1,2,3,4 and 7 being the most usable) would you put with which swoops ive listed

The aim is to get 4 more out of this to fill a sheet.. but that leaves Land speeders 4 short... maybe I need to wrap this one up and stop obsessing...

For reference image 6 is a picture of the Flare-S. So 1, 3, and 4 are all contenders, as they look sort of like it. Alternatively, the Flare-V and the Flashfury are by the same manufacturer, so they could be it. 2 could be either the Flashfury or the Flare-V. So 1-4 could be the Flare-S, Flare-V, and the Flashfury.

Also, remember the Superflare from Dangerous Covenants is just a modified Flare-S, so one of those lookalikes could be that one.

7 is the odd-one-out, as it's a street vehicle with a sidecar, while all the ones you're looking for are more for wilderness and endurance. I don't remember much about the Flashfury to recall if it was a street or wilds vehicle, but it's possible with that one. It might get a little confusing if you're looking at a bike with a sidecar for a passenger, and have a passenger capacity of 0, though.