Sign in to follow this  
Bivistheman

Question about tier upgrades

As the rebel player, are you allowed to choose which tier upgrades to bring to a campaign? The core set comes with 12 upgrade cards for tiers 1,2 and 3. It seems to me that that is a good number to use but I also want to stay within the rules of the game. I recently played a campaign in which I drew not a single ranged weapon after any of the 4 missions that you draw tier 2. It seems to me that with all of the epansion boxes out that come with new tier upgrades and now some of the figure packs are coming with them as well that the tier upgrade market is becoming a bit flooded. With now 18-20 cards to draw from instead of 12 you would have a much lower chance to get the card you need. It would make sense to me that the rebel players should be able to assemble each tier with 12 cards of their choosing, much in the way the imperial player assembles his agenda deck. Anyone have any thoughts on this topic?

Edited by Bivistheman

House rules are great. I've been thinking that if the Rebels have more credits to spend, maybe the proprietor selling goods might give them a better selection. (more than just six items)

My two cents.

Wish I could find a delete button.

Edited by juice man

There is no guarantee even with assembling 12 that you'll get what you want.  It's not a great system, but there is always something to buy so it's not really bad either.  The main benefit I think is that when you've played a couple times you're forced into maybe playing something other than the optimal build every time.  Although it is really frustrating for Jyn when she doesn't get a good pistol.