talismanisland

The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

Yeah, it's a bit tricky finding something that just "goes" with it.

There's a compass that I thought might do it - http://game-icons.net/lorc/originals/compass.html

Other than that, I've tried treasure map, scroll, random abstracts, locked chest and more.

I did think about just mirroring the motif on the front of the box, the three circles, or even just a hint of the three circles.

http://game-icons.net/delapouite/originals/triquetra.html

It depends on your approach to reading cards, and also whether English is your first language, but I take the point. I'll change it to that then.

It can also be worded as follows -

You may discard the
Hammer to add 6 to
your Strength during
battle instead.
Edited by talismanisland

Does it need this?

You may discard the

Hammer to add 6 to

your Strength instead

of 1 during battle.

Yes, it's very important for the clarity of the card :)

The 'of 1 during battle." is not necessary though, based on other cards I've looked at.

The separating line itself is not enough as it never made effects optional or exclusive.

An example would be the Runesword. If Morak's Hammer worked with assumption that both effects are exclusive because they are separated by the line, the Runesword could only be used to add 1 to attack OR to drain life. Clearly that's not how it works.

Edited by Bludgeon

Just a little mention to say that I'll be making a small blog post tomorrow (which will hopefully be the last before release!) with a bit of an update with the aforementioned Realms Collection (name to be updated probably).

The idea has changed a little since I last posted, but I believe it is for the better!

I've decided not to rejig the rules for all of the "realms" expansions into a larger sheet format, and this mini expansion will come with rules sheets as a normal PoD product would.

Consequently, I will not be making a box, as the rules cards will not fit in one (and it's a bit of overkill when it would likely just sit empty on a shelf anyway.

The expansion has grown legs however, and rather than just the three endings and bonus rules, there will be an additional 32 cards to add to the "realms" expansion in varying numbers.

After the initial plan, I thought it would be cool to make some of the cards that did not make it into the earlier two expansions available and decided on boosting the expansions to 48 cards each to match The Lost Realms.

However, this would leave unused space on the sheets, so I decided to up all of the expansions to 52 cards each, so there will be 16 Nether cards for The Nether Realm, 12 cards for The Deep Realms (6 Tunnel and 6 Bridge) and 4 new Border cards for The Lost Realms.

These are a mixture of existing and new cards, and should add a bit of value to the original expansions.

So, fingers crossed that the outstanding artwork for the Forge items is not far away (it's being done physically, rather than digitally, so is taking a mite longer than expected). The Border template has not really happened, so I will probably end up using an adapted Forge template. 

All I have to do is update the templates, add the missing art, add a bit of a credits page to the "collection" expansion rules and decide on a final name for the extras expansion and there we go.

I hope the waiting will have been worth it! 

Edited by talismanisland

13 hours ago, talismanisland said:

Just a little mention to say that I'll be making a small blog post tomorrow (which will hopefully be the last before release!) with a bit of an update with the aforementioned Realms Collection (name to be updated probably).

The idea has changed a little since I last posted, but I believe it is for the better!

I've decided not to rejig the rules for all of the "realms" expansions into a larger sheet format, and this mini expansion will come with rules sheets as a normal PoD product would.

Consequently, I will not be making a box, as the rules cards will not fit in one (and it's a bit of overkill when it would likely just sit empty on a shelf anyway.

The expansion has grown legs however, and rather than just the three endings and bonus rules, there will be an additional 32 cards to add to the "realms" expansion in varying numbers.

After the initial plan, I thought it would be cool to make some of the cards that did not make it into the earlier two expansions available and decided on boosting the expansions to 48 cards each to match The Lost Realms.

However, this would leave unused space on the sheets, so I decided to up all of the expansions to 52 cards each, so there will be 16 Nether cards for The Nether Realm, 12 cards for The Deep Realms (6 Tunnel and 6 Bridge) and 4 new Border cards for The Lost Realms.

These are a mixture of existing and new cards, and should add a bit of value to the original expansions.

So, fingers crossed that the outstanding artwork for the Forge items is not far away (it's being done physically, rather than digitally, so is taking a mite longer than expected). The Border template has not really happened, so I will probably end up using an adapted Forge template. 

All I have to do is update the templates, add the missing art, add a bit of a credits page to the "collection" expansion rules and decide on a final name for the extras expansion and there we go.

I hope the waiting will have been worth it! 

You are so evil, MORE Nether Realm cards☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️☠️  This is going to be so cool. Only downside is I've moved jobs and don't have access to the printer I've used for all the other expansions I printed.