talismanisland

The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

I personally wouldnt make any changes to the trails mechanic. If you press on during the same turn you encounter them they stay on the space anyway. The same if you get moved by their text. The only time they get shuffled back into the border deck is when you are defeated or forced to end your turn prematurely by some other means. It didnt happen to me that many times. Most times I drew a trail I pressed on or got moved only to return later to succesfully cross the trail. To me it seems like a nice mechanic.

And a few words about the Elder Village: Its the most welcome addition, as the destinies are a bit useless by themselves. You have to succesfully reach the Meeting with the destiny space and retain your path which almost never happens and then get to draw a random destiny only hoping its a useful one. In the Elder Village you know what youre coming for. In my games there was always one of the Elder destinies that was VERY useful (the Vagabond, the Champion, ...) so my aim in the Lost Realms was usually the destiny not the Forge cards.

Currently, following the text on each "road/bridge" space, the Trail would be shuffled back into the Border deck at the end of your turn, so they should not remain on the spaces.

It's good to hear another point of view about the Elder Village! :)

Okay, I'm adding a rules amendment for The Deep Realms, suggesting that the Realms are treated in the same way as they are in The Lost Realms.

So, I need a name for the Region that will be formed by the two Realms there.

Any thoughts?

Subterranean?

Sunless?

Shadow?

Edited by talismanisland

I would avoid adding a lodestone. One of the reasons we go to the Lost Realms is to get the Forge cards. We don't want a lodestone to F. us, so we won't have anymore a free room for that Forge card. So while adding a diamond might be good, I would also add a three bags of gold card, because they're uber rare.

I think the Trails could stay on the board, but only for a limited amount of time. I think each time they should be used 2 times before disappearing in the Border deck. We have just 2 spaces, so they should not stay forever, and also characters usually have fate and the enemies in the Lost Realms aren't dreaful, so most of times they would encounter the Trail anyway (unless they're super unlucky), so the Trail would go to the Broder deck anyway. So, unless it will stay on the board for the second use, having it stay on the board until encountered won't really change much.

And I'm all for adding extra effects to the Forge cards.

I think the Trails could stay on the board, but only for a limited amount of time. I think each time they should be used 2 times before disappearing in the Border deck. We have just 2 spaces, so they should not stay forever, and also characters usually have fate and the enemies in the Lost Realms aren't dreaful, so most of times they would encounter the Trail anyway (unless they're super unlucky), so the Trail would go to the Broder deck anyway. So, unless it will stay on the board for the second use, having it stay on the board until encountered won't really change much.

So, when encountered, put two counters on the trail, and whoever drew it removes a counter each time they have a turn, after which the trail gets discarded (shuffled)? That could work, but then you have the upkeep to worry about.

Edited by bowlwoman

So, when encountered, put two counters on the trail, and whoever drew it removes a counter each time they have a turn, after which the trail gets discarded (shuffled)? That could work, but then you have the upkeep to worry about.

Yeah, pretty much like that. There is a small upkeep indeed, but only when someone actually is encountering the card, so it's not a big deal.

Currently, following the text on each "road/bridge" space, the Trail would be shuffled back into the Border deck at the end of your turn, so they should not remain on the spaces.

It's good to hear another point of view about the Elder Village! :)

Okay, Ive been probably doing it wrong:) But shouldnt the cards remain on the space when youre not there at the end of your turn to trigger this part of the space text? (The part that says you should shuffle the cards back at the end of your turn)?

And.. Id call the Deep Realms region ... the Forgotten region, or ... Inward Region

Invalid Region or Imaginary Region ;).

Is this IN-val-id or in-VAL-id Region? Two very different things.  :P

In(-side) Valid Region ;). But since it might cause different meanings, maybe it really should be changed to Imaginary Region? Pretty cool name if You ask me ;).

The backs looks pretty nice! :)

Fancy getting hold of a printed version of The Lost Realms Community Expansion for Talisman when it's released?

20170106_LR.jpg          20170106_ZK.jpg

A copy of The Lost Realms, and the Polish translation for Talisman Magia i Miecz (Zapomniane Krainy) are currently being auctioned off for the Polish Charity - WOŚP that helps make life a bit more bearable for kids and older people in hospital.

http://aukcje.wosp.org.pl/talisman-zapomniane-krainy-i4037135

http://aukcje.wosp.org.pl/talisman-the-lost-realms-i4037172

It's all in a great cause, so if you can help, please do 1f642.png

Edited by talismanisland

Fancy getting hold of a printed version of The Lost Realms Community Expansion for Talisman when it's released?

20170106_LR.jpg          20170106_ZK.jpg

A copy of The Lost Realms, and the Polish translation for Talisman Magia i Miecz (Zapomniane Krainy) are currently being auctioned off for the Polish Charity - WOŚP that helps make life a bit more bearable for kids and older people in hospital.

http://aukcje.wosp.org.pl/talisman-zapomniane-krainy-i4037135

http://aukcje.wosp.org.pl/talisman-the-lost-realms-i4037172

It's all in a great cause, so if you can help, please do 1f642.png

Current high bidder on the English edition, woohoo!

However, the shipping is confusing. It says "Possible shipping abroad. Cost according to the rates of Polish Post." then it says "Shipping abroad: no"?

Am I screwed being in the USA?