talismanisland

The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

I already mentioned this to Jon, but for me the Outlaw should go away, and a Treasure Hunter should remain. The reason for that is that the deck should not have cards that would scare away potential adventurers, but rather cards that will lure them to the Realm. So if they wll have to leave the Realms without getting their final reward, they at least will leave them with the Treasure Hunter. Another option of course is to add a yet another card.

I already mentioned this to Jon, but for me the Outlaw should go away, and a Treasure Hunter should remain. The reason for that is that the deck should not have cards that would scare away potential adventurers, but rather cards that will lure them to the Realm. So if they wll have to leave the Realms without getting their final reward, they at least will leave them with the Treasure Hunter. Another option of course is to add a yet another card.

My thoughts too, the Outlaw should go..

For what its worth, I'd be much more relived to get the Outlaw and lose a gold piece compared to some of the other stuff in the deck. Better him than any of the enemy Dragons or Constructs! Besides, I think the potential to have three Treasure Hunters as your followers (I've seen stranger things happen in this game!) seems like overkill.

Theme-wise, based on what you’ve got so far, I’d say the Outlaw is a better fit.  You already have three Enemy-Outlaws, plus the Bandit makes four, so adding the Outlaw makes sense.  I don’t think that would deter players from going in, they know there’s a high risk-to-reward ratio for the Forge cards.

For what its worth, I'd be much more relived to get the Outlaw and lose a gold piece compared to some of the other stuff in the deck. Better him than any of the enemy Dragons or Constructs! Besides, I think the potential to have three Treasure Hunters as your followers (I've seen stranger things happen in this game!) seems like overkill.

Almost nobody plays the Dragon expansion, so just most of times it will be just 2 Treasure Hunters ;).

Without the City expansion gold was a useless piece of junk. Now it is worth a little more, therefore sometimes it might be better to lose a life than gold that You need to buy flail. Plus, healing a life isn't a problem, so many cards and spaces allow that. Sometimes getting a single bag of gold can be troublesome. Finally, enemies can be turned into trophies, so they're needed in the deck, and can prove being useful. The Outland most of times will be a "lose 1 gold" than "gain 1 gold".

Nemomon, not sure where you get the idea that no one plays with the Dragon expansion. I know plenty of people here modify it somehow, but they still use it. And regarding the gold situation, plenty of people consider that the combination of city and highland expansions make getting powerful items like the flail far too easy, given how game-breakingly powerful it is. Any cards that make gold a little more difficult to hold on to are welcome in my opinion.

Nemomon, not sure where you get the idea that no one plays with the Dragon expansion. I know plenty of people here modify it somehow, but they still use it. And regarding the gold situation, plenty of people consider that the combination of city and highland expansions make getting powerful items like the flail far too easy, given how game-breakingly powerful it is. Any cards that make gold a little more difficult to hold on to are welcome in my opinion.

Admittingly I do wish a couple of "Fool's Gold" cards were in the City deck...

Well, it looks like the Outlaw will be staying on then! :)

Now, I have another question for people.

I was playing around with another small project and ended up thinking about the cover art that I had chosen for The Lost Realms, and then realised that there was another piece of artwork being used for the expansion that would double up nicely as cover art. It might even be a slightly better choice to be honest, but I thought I'd put the question out there.

The art used for Sylvan Trackway is also a good representation of a "Lost Realm", but also points at being one of the possible bridges between the Realms. It also works well in portrait.

Thoughts?

which-cover.jpg

Hard question.

The original artwork isn't among my favorite ones, because I feel that it is kinda too realistic. The other artwork is like all good fantasy, and I like it. However, the second artwork doesn't really look like something lost, unlike the first one, therefore I vote to stay with the original artwork.

Hard question.

The original artwork isn't among my favorite ones, because I feel that it is kinda too realistic. The other artwork is like all good fantasy, and I like it. However, the second artwork doesn't really look like something lost, unlike the first one, therefore I vote to stay with the original artwork.

I think the second one is more evocative of the two realms in the expansion. Woodland leading to higher ground, with cliffs in the background. The river in the centre defines the border between the two realms.

The first one was chosen as it puts you in the boots of the adventurer as he trudges into the realms, not knowing wait awaits him.

I'm leaning towards the second one personally, but will take all comments on board.

Hard question.

I think the second one is more evocative of the two realms in the expansion. Woodland leading to higher ground, with cliffs in the background. The river in the centre defines the border between the two realms.

The first one was chosen as it puts you in the boots of the adventurer as he trudges into the realms, not knowing wait awaits him.

I'm leaning towards the second one personally, but will take all comments on board.

The first one really look like a lost realm. We have some deep forest, some weird butterflies, and with that darkish theme it really feels that something unknown might be hiding in the deeper parts of this already deep forest.

If You will choose the second one, maybe You could consider renaming the expansion? Becuse that bridge doesn't really look unusual.