talismanisland

The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

Thanks for you confidence haha. Love the finished board Jon. Anyway, sorry I've been inactive guys. It's currently exam time at school where I live, so I haven't been able to work on this for the last few weeks, and won't be able to for another week or two yet.ill get back to it when I can, but right now I just don't have time sorry.

Thanks for you confidence haha. Love the finished board Jon. Anyway, sorry I've been inactive guys. It's currently exam time at school where I live, so I haven't been able to work on this for the last few weeks, and won't be able to for another week or two yet.ill get back to it when I can, but right now I just don't have time sorry.

You do not need to apologize. School is always more important than any game. You also stepped up to the plate and volunteered your services. Lastly your artwork is so good that it's well worth the wait!

You do not need to apologize. School is always more important than any game. You also stepped up to the plate and volunteered your services. Lastly your artwork is so good that it's well worth the wait!

Ditto!

Real Life is far more important!

Thank you so much for all of your hard work. Don't worry about us!

There's been a bit of a lull recently due to real life etc, but things have been bubbling along behind the scenes a little.

I have been playing with the Iron Talisman card for another little project, and was reminded of a concern that I had, and was voiced here, about how I had changed the "standard" wording of the Talisman.

This was mainly due to the space available on a normal card, but there was the added problem that if you switched templates, there would not be enough room to display the image of the Talisman.

Without the standard wording -

TMxx-b8-iron-talisman-a.jpg

With the standard wording -

TMxx-b8-iron-talisman-b.jpg

So, I played around a bit and made a "midi" template which I think seems to work on all fronts, but I'm interested to hear what people think.

TMxx-b8-iron-talisman-c.jpg

Does this look okay, or should I just go with the first example?

Edited by talismanisland

The one without a rule that we need it to enter the VoF, because we already know that, and also because the VoF space needs a Talisman, and not vice versa, so the rule about that on Talisman card is pointless.

The one without a rule that we need it to enter the VoF, because we already know that, and also because the VoF space needs a Talisman, and not vice versa, so the rule about that on Talisman card is pointless.

True, but every other Talisman card (Aside from the False Talisman) has that statement on it. Leaving it off just wouldn't seem right.

For whatever it's worth I think you're doing the right thing! :)

My thoughts exactly. :)

One thing I miss on the Talisman cards is limiting to 1 Talisman per player. (As in 3rd edition, shown at the bottom of the page here: http://www.talismanisland.com/?page_id=3042 )

On the subject of 3rd edition and Talisman Island: When are you going to hang your Celestial Baubles on your tree Jon? ( https://www.facebook.com/talismanisland/photos/pb.210797339010312.-2207520000.1481802501./1155793321177371 )

Edited by Neil 666

A single Talisman is a good house rule to have. In fact, I've rejigged all of the Talisman cards for my game and given them a Talisman keyword instead of the standard text. Well, the standard Talismans have it, as they don't do much else! :)

Using a keyword is useful as you can then update the effects as necessary.

A Celestial Bauble would have been a good addition! I have a Revised 4th Edition Angel last year, 3rd Edition this year, so maybe next year! :)

Will we have playtestable files by Christmas? I'm dying to get out the boards and thrill/horrify my teens who will be here for just a few days during their Christmas breaks!
(In full disclosure, I'm their step-mother. My *job* is to horrify them.)

Okay gang!

After a bit of thought I figured it was only right to make what I had made so far available should people want to have a gander at it over the festive period.

We are more or less done anyway, apart from the last bits of artwork and templates, but they will be coming soon enough.

http://www.talismanisland.com/?page_id=7245

I'll mention again that this is a beta release and should not be spread about as the finished article.

I will be making source files available when it is all done for people to use for localisation, so there's no need to try and extract things from this release.

Thanks so much to everyone for the help and support so far! It's been really fun!

I hope people enjoy looking over the expansion!

Have a great Christmas, other holiday or plain old weekend and I'll see you on the other side! :)