talismanisland

The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

Am I missing something or should it be possible to reach the forge or village at the same turn you enter the lost realms. Seems a bit cheap to me. Perhaps we can have the turn end when entering and before moving next turn (if not escaping) you have to draw the cards. Perhaps it's just me and should be left as it is.

And again, why a random draw from a deck with the cards sorted (purchase deck)? Can't we let the player draw a quest (or questions reward) so that the purchase desk doesn't have to be mixed?

Otherwise it certainly seems interesting to try it.

It is entirely possible for that to happen, but it's unlikely. You have to (a) draw a trail, (b) actually encounter the trail, which isn't guaranteed as you could draw Landslide or something like a particularly nasty Enemy with it, (c ) remain on the same space after encountering the trail, and not have your turn ended by any creature there. Only then would you get to move up, and that would only be if you wanted to visit that particular space. You might wish to press on across and try again to enter the opposite one.

I'm kind of with you on the Purchase deck, but I don't really think it's a deal breaker as there a plenty of other cards that gift you a card of your choice from the Purchase deck.

Edited by talismanisland

I'm kind of with you on the Purchase deck, but I don't really think it's a deal breaker as there a plenty of other cards that gift you a card of your choice from the Purchase deck.

Still I don't think there are any other random draws from the purchase deck. Perhaps that's the change that he to be done. Pick 1 card from the (Base game) purchase deck.

As for the first part I can accept that. I just wanted to know that it was intended. :)

When I suggested the draw from Purchase deck for that Trail, I was thinking there was something else in the game that did that already, but I think Rig is correct that there isn't. It would be a bit messy to have to shuffle it up, especially if the Cataclysm cards are involved. Probably easiest to just let a player pick from available Purchase cards instead of it being random.

Can't believe I missed this opportunity to get involved in what will likely be the mnost 'offical' non official expansion for Talisman!

Jon you are doing a stand up job on this from what I can see, and to everyone that has contributed to ideas *hats off to you*

What else do you have left to sort out Jon? Anything where ideas are still welcomed? I noticed you are quite far with designs now... I can't wait to give it a whirl

Looking good so far, I like the idea of drawing a random Purchase deck card. I thought maybe there could be a card (or die roll on a card) to make you drop a random object (imagine seeing your Arnkell being shuffled back into the Border deck at the end of the turn)

​Another thing, what happens if you get ignored or you don't find anything and have to exit to the adjacent Woods space if there's a Terrain card on there?

Yeah, it's already covered in the expansions that use Terrain cards.

When using an expansion board, if a Terrain Card is on a space that allows movement between boards, characters can still move to and from the expansion board following the normal movement rules of that expansion.

Looking good so far, I like the idea of drawing a random Purchase deck card. I thought maybe there could be a card (or die roll on a card) to make you drop a random object (imagine seeing your Arnkell being shuffled back into the Border deck at the end of the turn)

​Another thing, what happens if you get ignored or you don't find anything and have to exit to the adjacent Woods space if there's a Terrain card on there?

I thought that was a cool idea :)

I also wasn't convinced of the link between healing and the Forgotten Road, so changed it to this -

TMxx-b8-forgotten-road.jpg

I thought that was a cool idea :)

I also wasn't convinced of the link between healing and the Forgotten Road, so changed it to this -

TMxx-b8-forgotten-road.jpg

Oh, very nice change! I like the Lost City result being a 1-2 like the other Trails too.

I have a couple of small suggestions for 2 of the other Trails.

For the Enchanted Path, I'd like to propose changing the 3-4 result from attacked by a Craft 4 Fae Crone to "Companion bewitched! Ditch 1 Follower at random".

For the Shadow Pathway, I think the 3-4 result should be changed to "Lose all of your fate." instead of just being restricted to light fate. Also maybe change the 5 result from a dark fate gain to "Choose a character to lose 1 life". Makes it more evil and shadowy!

Thanks for answering my query with the Woods space (never spotted that in the rulebook!) and thanks for taking my 'ditching a random item' idea on board, I like the idea in the post above about 'ditching a random follower' (imagine having to ditch your Horse & Cart and 8 items then see them all shuffled into the Border deck!)

Heh, yes it would be a bit amusing/annoying, depending on whether it was you or not!

I've basically changed the two in line with the suggestion above, but mixed them up slightly so we have a couple of "Outlaw" (bandits, thieves) and a couple of "Fae" (Norns, the fae) related encounters.

Edited by talismanisland

Love this expansion a lot! Great work.

I plan on adding a denizen card to the Elvin city space, offering players a chance to buy items from the City expansion.

(& What if it was a random card from all of those decks/shuffled up)

You can go from Elder Village or from Forgotten Forge to the Woods? The arrows suggest so.

Yes, The only exit from those spaces is through the Woods space.

The only entrance to those spaces is from a Trail card.

It's all detailed in the rules.

Maybe before if you'd like.

The expansion is all but complete, but has placeholders in for everything that is in progress, except the Realm card backs, but they are not essential for a playtest.

Should I upload a playtest copy soon?

It's only hubby and I at home. We might be able to playtest with two, but may not have time. Our teens (away at school and university) will be here at the end of December. We'll definately be able to test then.