talismanisland

The Lost Realms - A Fan Expansion

I like the idea behind including Master of Fate, but admit I've not much gotten to play with teh Woodland, so not to familair with the option.

Basically, everybody gets a fate, but you get to choose what sort of fate they get. That way you can destabilise their "fatebound" situation, or help out.

It's not a brilliant card to use, but it is a bit more friendly than the Horse Thief.

In which case we can go back to the 3, 2 or 1 draws on the spaces and possibly not even skewed.

or after a bit of thought...

How about making the Dwarven side a "standard Bridge" space with a draw two cards then shuffle them back in when done, thus only taking a single turn to traverse that space.

We can then make the Elven space the 2, 3 or 4 turns space which would mostly equate to travelling through the remainder of the Woodlands.

I can alter the Forge search so that the odds are changed a bit to compensate for the ease of access. So you find nothing on a 1-2, 3-5 gives a random item and 6 lets you pick.

Agreed. That was exactly my thinking in my previous post.

I'm happy enough with limiting the use of Objects and Spells in the village, as it is a standard wording from the original Cursed Glade. With the potential for delay in getting to the village, I'd also be happy enough if we left off the restriction though.

I'm of the opinion we remove the Objects & Spells restriction with the addition of the stack. I'd also suggest removing the draw 3 choose 1 aspect of the Destiny draw. I don't really see that as being necessary myself.

As for forbidding escape, I think that would be too much of a restriction as you could wind up dead if you get stuck with a particularly nasty stack.

What I suggested before was to have the top faceup card of your stack always be discarded at the end of your turn, whether or not you actually won the encounter. This would eliminate being stuck on a bad encounter, and is thematically more appropriate to do this since you have freedom of movement to get away from something beating you up. You lack that option when stuck in a catacomb/sewer. If we do this, we can disallow escape upon entering. I'm still interested in doing this, since it also prevents people from cycling out of a Path part way into the Woodlands to just jump back out to grab a different Path. This abuse needs to be curtailed, and this would solve it nicely.

Edited by sanityismyvanity

As a thought, then...
To curtail any forseeable "Path ditching" behavior, but still allow escaping, what if you simply may not come out the way you came in? If you came in from the Woodlands, you have to leave via the Elven Village, the Forge, or into the Highlands? Came in through the Highlands? Can't go back that way.

That could certainly work, have the only "escape" option from the card stack in the Eleven Labyrinth be to go to the Dwarven Trail, since that is currently looking like a straightforward draw 2 card space. No need to have an escape measure from the Dwarven Trail as an option.

Highlands->Dwarven Trail->either Forge or Elven Labyrinth->either Elder Village (if stack is completed) or Woodlands (whether or not stack is completed)

Woodlands->Elven Labyrinth->either Elder Village (if stack is completed) or Dwarven Trail (whether or not stack is completed)->Highlands or Forge

Doing this would certainly speed up the process of using it as a Bridge, but still have the time cost should you plan to go to the Elder Village.

The problem with that is that player's might say they are going for the Elder Village, then 'escape' onto the Dwarven Highway before finishing their stack, when the plan was to use it as a bridge all along.

There is another solution, which is to say that the Dwarf side is part of the Highland, and the Elf side is part of the Woodland even though they have special entry and movement options. We can say that the realms are simply not affected by special abilities or effects on the corner boards.

Another thing I came up against yesterday, when I started to make the rules cards, was we didn't have names for the realms.

The 'best' I came up with were Stone Peak and Greenwood Haven, but I'm open to suggestions of a suitably Dwarfy or Elvish nature. :)

Riffing off of Anderson as I am wont to do of late, I'd be inclined to calls the elven realms something like "The Alfheugh Green".
Similarly, most pre-Tolkien sources kin Dwarves with metal rather than stone, and thus "The Iron Peaks" would be more suited.

Riffing off of Anderson as I am wont to do of late, I'd be inclined to calls the elven realms something like "The Alfheugh Green".

Similarly, most pre-Tolkien sources kin Dwarves with metal rather than stone, and thus "The Iron Peaks" would be more suited.

I like Iron Peaks, as it alludes to the activity there. 

I'm still fancying Greenwood Spires though... :)

I like Iron Peaks, as it alludes to the activity there. 

I'm still fancying Greenwood Spires though... :)

I like both of those.

I'm also being a kid at Christmas. I'm just trying to contain the "kermit flail".

All looking amazing I especially like the new use of the toad king (sorry Kermit flail) WHAT DOSE IT DO ROLL 2 DICE IN COMBAT AND TURNS YOU OR YOUR EMEMY INTO A TOAD ON A DOUBLE