Sign in to follow this  
John Constantine

Friends long forgotten

****! I have read the faq and errata and I have seen that my beloved Blue mountain trader has been nerfed :'(

May I pretend that I never read that?

You can, but pre-errata Blue Mountain Trader was pretty seriously broken since it effectively allowed each player in the group to rearrange their resources at will.

Dwarven axe and Mirlonde are still perfectly fine cards, i don't think there is need to re-make them. Great job with bringing strenght of will to life anyway, but i feel it's too diffrent than it's original form. I would play this version just for the sake of art - it's amazing

Dwarven axe and Mirlonde are still perfectly fine cards, i don't think there is need to re-make them. Great job with bringing strenght of will to life anyway, but i feel it's too diffrent than it's original form. I would play this version just for the sake of art - it's amazing

Not all of the cards I rework are in dire need, like the ones I initally posted. Sometimes it's just personal preference. Dwarven Axe is definetely not fine however, because it costs 2, unlike other weapons, while doing virtually the same, and it's completely overshadowed by the Dwarrowdelf Axe. Old Axe costed 2 while giving +2 attack exclusively to dwarves, Dwarrowdelf Axe gives +1 attack and does 1 direct damage (which is arguably stronger than +2 attack), costs 1 less, and is attachable to allies. For Dwarven Axe to be viable, it should cost the part, and benefit non-dwarves somehow. Which my version does.

Mirlonde change is purely due to strong presence of Silvan synergy in the lore sphere without a single Silvan Lore hero being a direct asset to that synergy (they all seem to do their random stuff). Mirlonde is the most fitting candidate in my eyes to be turned Silvan synergetic hero. 

Edited by John Constantine

Oh!!! I really like the Silverlode archer. It would go straight into my Silvan deck! I am going to start downloading your cards, I may use them some day.

Ah, and I agree on the reduced cost for the axe

One thing though. I will make the cost of Blade Mastery equal to 1 as otherwise is way better than Behind Strong Walls. What do you think?

You can, but pre-errata Blue Mountain Trader was pretty seriously broken since it effectively allowed each player in the group to rearrange their resources at will.

That is exactly why I liked him so much.

I wonder why they nerf some cards but they do not lift up other cards, like what we see here.

Edited by Yepesnopes

I love the art for Mirlonde and Dwarven Axe. Where did you get these pieces from?

Dwarven Axe looks insanely familiar, its from a larger picture of Gimli from some other FFG game right....?

As usual - google image search  :ph34r:

As for axe - yes, it is from larger Gimli picture, however I haven't played any other FFG LOTR games, so I don't know where that art is from exactly.

Why do you feel like changing Boots from Erebor?

One more question, I will make the cost of Blade Mastery equal to 1 as otherwise is way better than Behind Strong Walls. What do you think?

Because I've never seen anybody ever using or even mentioning them? +1 health for a dwarf of a hobbit feels like a huge waste of a card slot in a deck, and most decks are packed tight with the neat stuff already. To varrant a deck slot, card needs to pull it's weight. Also, boots that protect from the environmental hazards rather than just make you tougher felt pretty thematic to me.

As for Blade Mastery - what Duke said. My version of Blade Mastery initially had cost of 1, but it proved to be too expensive, given that you also need to have a weapon in play and you can only ready an armed character.

I actually prefer the original Boots from Erebor. It's free, Hobbits really need a bigger health pool, and some Dwarves like Gimli and Gloin make great use of them already. There's like 80+ decks on ringsDB that use the card.

My favourite changes are Blade Mastery, Silverlode archer, and Dwarven Axe.

Strength of Will has a terminology issue. Heroes don't "quest successfully", the players do.

Edited by Seastan

I actually prefer the original Boots from Erebor. It's free, Hobbits really need a bigger health pool, and some Dwarves like Gimli and Gloin make great use of them already. There's like 80+ decks on ringsDB that use the card.

Did you use em in any of your videos?

My favourite changes are Blade Mastery, Silverlode archer, and Dwarven Axe.

Can I get a little inside your head on these ones?

Strength of Will has a terminology issue. Heroes don't "quest successfully", the players do.

Do they now? :)

expert-treasure-hunter-otd.jpg

I take that back!  :D For the card itself, it seems like a more powerful Strider's Path, which is a little unfair. I think the hero readying puts it over the top.

The Boots are in some of my decks but I don't think I've made any videos yet.

I like the 3 cards I mentioned because they are synergistic with existing archetypes. I can imagine the decks they go in and can picture how they work.

I take that back!  :D For the card itself, it seems like a more powerful Strider's Path, which is a little unfair. I think the hero readying puts it over the top.

While Strider's Path is a main card I was referring to while redoing Strength of Will, Strider's Parth immediately removes the revealed card from the staging area, lowering staging threat if the active location had lesser threat (or didn't existed at all).

My Strength of Will requires you to have a questing hero, and requires you to spend a resource from exactly that hero (which can be both plus and minus). Also, it requires that hero to be viable both for questing and for combat (thing unusual for Spirit in it's early eyars). 

Early version of Strength of Will was a 0 cost Travel Action that simply traveled to a location without resolving it's travel effect. However I was doubtful it would be significant enough to varrant a deck slot.

Holy scagsack, just finished with this one. It was a tough sumbeach to crack, coming up with something that will resemble original, while being viable and competitive (and I'm still highly unsure to be honest):

sNl1kqQ68sw.jpg

It's also a nice opportunity to showcase something else that now enjoys being with 3 of their kin:

zDn5NhVVVcs.jpg