Sign in to follow this  
Professor Tanhauser

SIGH. Necron dominated imperial world

They never really did an adventure in DW with the necrons, I kinow there was one with a few crype maintenance units scuttling around but no real adventure with necron characters.  Too bad, some of the ones they created for DW were pretty good and would have been interesting.

I guess there won;t be one now, which is too bad. I'd have liked to see one set on a former imperial world now ruled by necrons with the citizens now essentially worshipping the necrons. I could see it as starting when the imperium abandoned a world in the face of a 'nid attack and left it to be consumed possibly because lord ebongrave refused to release forces to fight for it. (thanks, ****!)

Well, surprise surprise! The world turned out to be a necron tomb world and when the bugs attacked it woke up and the defenses zapped the bugs PDQ. The necron lord there declared himself ruler of the world and gave the former imperial citizens the option to serve him. Having been abandoned by the imperium this wasn't such a hard choice. }

So now a killteam is coveretly sent to investigate...Sigh. nice possibilities.

They never really did an adventure in DW with the necrons, I know there was one with a few type maintenance units scuttling around but no real adventure with necron characters.  [...] I guess there won;t be one now, which is too bad.

There is also a bunch of Necron stuff in the supplement book The Outer Reach.

They never really did an adventure in DW with the necrons, I know there was one with a few type maintenance units scuttling around but no real adventure with necron characters.  [...] I guess there won;t be one now, which is too bad.

There is also a bunch of Necron stuff in the supplement book The Outer Reach.

Which also happens to have a bunch of named necron characters, actually over 20 pages of fluff only on said characters.

These are false Necrons. All of them. The only kind I will accept are the genocidal kill bots. Cold, calculating and ruthless. Not this dynasties and empires rubbish.

I'm sticking with hang over sufferers who hate living things making noise.

Sorry, friend xenos filth. I like the more intricate and complex necron culture. It makes them more interesting than mindless killbots. Also it gives them a tragic feel. I mean, they lost their souls and became machines but are still driven by pettiness, anger, spite, hate, jealousy and lust for power. Talk about the worst of both worlds.

These are false Necrons. All of them. The only kind I will accept are the genocidal kill bots. Cold, calculating and ruthless. Not this dynasties and empires rubbish.

Sorry, friend xenos filth. I like the more intricate and complex necron culture. It makes them more interesting than mindless killbots. Also it gives them a tragic feel. I mean, they lost their souls and became machines but are still driven by pettiness, anger, spite, hate, jealousy and lust for power. Talk about the worst of both worlds.

Terminator like Necrons have a tragic past anyway, deceived and trapped in metal bodies...taking it out on organics.

What you don't like newcrons? A bunch of Goa'uld T-800's ruled over by MumRaaaa the ever living that have  killed the C'tan and Aaaargh! Yes I hate those **** newcrons to!

I want my Hans Holbein inspired omnicidal killbots back to. (Especially since they weren't even the 'crons proper army. All that the imperium had encountered so far were the caretakers. The proper soldiers still had to wake up.)

the original necrons were IIRC just slaves of the c'tan. I like the way the current ones stuck it to the c'tan for what they did to them.

Even if you have super science, shouldn't be able to punch out Cthulhu...

Did you read outer reach? The necrons didn't and couldn't kill the c'tan, they were able to shatter them into shards and trap most of thewm inh tesseract traps. The c'tan are not destroyed, but shattered and scattered.

the original necrons were IIRC just slaves of the c'tan. I like the way the current ones stuck it to the c'tan for what they did to them.

Even if you have super science, shouldn't be able to punch out Cthulhu...

Did you read outer reach? The necrons didn't and couldn't kill the c'tan, they were able to shatter them into shards and trap most of thewm inh tesseract traps. The c'tan are not destroyed, but shattered and scattered.

That's worse! Now they are the 'crons b*tch ;) And I tought they managed to kill one C'tan and it like cursed them to become necron flayers?

The Oldcrones were like Tyranids, in metal, while the new Necrons are something that we can actually craft an interesting story about. Forget about the old scrap ones, I like the new shining Necrons better than what was before.

Who said Necrons even needed a story? What's wrong with a few unstoppable killing machines? Besides it's not like the story they wrote for them was any good, they got downgraded from soulless evil unrelenting killing machines to pathetic empire building space tomb kings who are far to focused on petty squabbles, science, internal affairs. Goodbye lethal C'tan lore as deities/demons of evil, so long pariahs the bane of the psychic races, inertialess drives which originally would have made their ships some of the quickest got nerfed and retconned to use gates...

It might as well be like giving them all feather dusters instead of melee sometimes, they just toned down the levels of mercilessness that makes them fun and gave them a personality which they did not need. The Nid's also are the killing force, why does there only have to be one force like that?

Edited by Calgor Grim

The Oldcrones were like Tyranids, in metal, while the new Necrons are something that we can actually craft an interesting story about. Forget about the old scrap ones, I like the new shining Necrons better than what was before.

Who said Necrons even needed a story? What's wrong with a few unstoppable killing machines? Besides it's not like the story they wrote for them was any good, they got downgraded from soulless evil unrelenting killing machines to pathetic empire building space tomb kings who are far to focused on petty squabbles, science, internal affairs. Goodbye lethal C'tan lore as deities/demons of evil, so long pariahs the bane of the psychic races, inertialess drives which originally would have made their ships some of the quickest got nerfed and retconned to use gates...

It might as well be like giving them all feather dusters instead of melee sometimes, they just toned down the levels of mercilessness that makes them fun and gave them a personality which they did not need. The Nid's also are the killing force, why does there only have to be one force like that?

Who said we needed more: Annihilate. Eradicate. Destroy. Repeat? That's a horrifically boring concept and we already have the Tyranids for the horror of unstoppable cosmic eradication of all life.

The fact that the Necrons now have some kind of intellect and plans allows on to bring in variation to them and if one so wish, to actually craft a Necron NPC that's something beyond fighting related stats. in fact that allows us to play out scenarios that are more than the same genocidal ones, over and over again.

And yes, good bye old C'tan! You infringement on the themes of Tyranids and Chaos gods will not be missed. The shards are far better and actually explains why these things can be encountered and even defeated at all without the local sector being wiped clear.

When Necrons first appeared, there were vague hints that they represented the Terrible Lords of Order, sort of a "be careful what you wish for" counterpoint to Chaos. I like that concept a lot, and if/when I incorporate Necrons in my (long-stalled) DW campaign, that's the interpretation I'll be going with.

I definitely dislike the Mat Ward re-boot of them as melodramatic silent-movie-style mustache-twirling villains. "Tie that Sister of Battle to the train tracks, mwah ha haaaa!"

Edited by Adeptus-B

I definitely dislike the Mat Ward re-boot of them as melodramatic silent-movie-style mustache-twirling villains. "Tie that Sister of Battle to the train tracks, mwah ha haaaa!"

Dammit Adeptus-B! Now I can't unsee that! LMAO! Oh lord...

Snidely Phasewhiplash the tombking! :D

Now I view most of thme as Mum-ra the ever living, but Trazyn the infinite, yeah he's just short of a bond villain "Put him in a paradigm* vault! Bwahhahahha! See if you can escape this one, inquisitor! Mowhahahhaa!"

* or whatever it's called. ;)

Edited by Robin Graves

AFAIR there is some adventure on Necron World in Black Crusade.

that would be hand of corruption. the over all plot involves sucking a world in the Calixis sector into the warp and the third act is that "SUPRISE!" it's a Necron tomb world, and they aren't happy about being pulled into the local equivilant of the eye of terror. so the players have to run a dungeon crawl to stop the necrons.

the third act is proably something that could be adapted to death watch easily eneugh.