Sign in to follow this  
waywardgm

Wayward Stars (OOC)

Hello one and all! I have opened the Group A topic for Wayward Stars. Jump in as soon as you feel ready and establish what your character is doing on Ord Mantell (I know primusnine and The Shy Ion have not quite finished their initial contact - but the setting is a new day, giving you two time to finish the previous if you need it). 

Once you've moved to that topic, please keep the OOC over there, or PM me if you need something done in a hurry.

Thank you again for your patience while I get things up and running, and for wanting to be a part of this! I am thoroughly thrilled to be your GM, so let's see what unfolds for the five of you! 

Edited by waywardgm

Merline Aran was a hatchling on Arborine when the Republic established a base for a front that never materialized. Dislocated by the  clone forces, she grew up resentful of the relic of the Republic, even after the base was abandoned and the Repubic was replaced by the empire. Merline was something of a "gun nut", joining  group of likeminded isolationist Sarathi a "militia movement" founded on nothing more than an interest in being left alone.

The fledgeling empire was not so generous. Merline was one of a few members of the group to make it off planet alive, though most of their ownplanet never heard of their defeat, with imperial control of comunications.

Merline has been making her living as an armorer, a bodyguard, and bounty hunter on the fringes of galactic society ince coming of age. Practically all her equipment is personally crafted, though she is always looking for devices she can break down for parts.

WaywardGM, Rakaydos: Not sure if Jaelan might be stepping on Merline's toes with the Armorer bit... I could go a slightly different way with him and go more Soresu Defender and Sage or Mystic. That would take him more on the "personal quest for the Jee'dai" and Force user route. I would go with the same thought though as far as the lightsaber goes and focus it more at first on the 'Truncheon' aspect.

Thoughts?

Merline is a weapon craftsperson and maintainer, (an "armory manager," or armorer) not nessisarally a combat tank. I'm actually a skillmonkey with a heavy focus on combat gear- in a fight, I really am just my equipment.

The actual Armorer specialization has a similar focus, but is closer to Bounty Hunter-Gageteer than my Technition-modder, which is more similr to Sentinal-Artisan. The mechanics-focus can be common ground we build the group with- spare parts and gear management becoming a major component of the game.

It seems that what I think of Virion's backstory could justify him and Merline working together prior to the start of the game.

Edit: updated the inventory and added basic backstory.

Edited by Arctanaar

:( I just can't seem to wrap my head around this version of Jaelan.

Here is what I see for the potential Group B:

Shlambate - Xylas Novar, Devaronian Sentinel/Shadow, Shien Expert ( http://swsheets.com/c/shjhmwxtc-xylas-novar )
Arctanaar - Virion Tormal, Human Seeker/Executioner ( http://swsheets.com/c/pgqmtzsjr-virion-tormal )
TCArknight - Jaelan Dahr, Human
Rakaydos - Merline Aran, Sathari Technician/Modder ( http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=945407 )
eryrwyn - Zeltron ("Face")

I see a need for an outright Pilot type, or a Medical type... :)

Here's my two Backgrounds for the concepts.... 

During the years of the Republic, the Dahr family was renowned among the Jedi Order for their skill at healing even the most serious of injuries. Other than their healing talents, Dahr were scattered throughout all levels of the Order serving others. Jaelan Dahr was 5 years old when he lost both of his parents due to a Sith attack. Bren theorizes that because he hadn't shown any sign of being sensitive to the Force, the hunters have ignored him. (Although, in the last few months, he's had some flashes of intuition, and has always seemed to be very skilled at his medicial profession, so that may be changing.)

A family friend from outside the Order took Jaelan to safety on Kathol. Growing up there as the apparent son of a respected businessman, Jaelan excelled with studies at the Medical University. Graduating with honors, he headed for the outer worlds of the Kathol Sector, looking to help whoever he could while seeing the other worlds. His life might have been rather ordinary had he not been in the wrong place at the wrong time and tried to help save an injured young girl while on Pembric II. Unfortunately the girl, the daughter of a visiting government official (and notable crimelord), died in his arms just as the authorities arrived. Afraid for what it would mean if Jaelan, an apprent killer, was not prosecuted, the authorities railroaded him through the local 'justice' system and convicted him of the death.

Jaelan had settled on spending a short life in the mines of Kessel, but on the way to the landing field, the speeder was attacked by a rebellious faction and Jaelan was freed. With a recommendation to get off-world as soon as possible. Finding a ship to take him to Ord Mandell in exchange for his working passage, Jaelan gladly put the Kathol Sector behind him. 

Being born the 5th child of a well-to-do executive in the Corellian Engineering Corporation wasn't all bad. It usually meant there was a lot of free time and not many people keeping an eye on you. So it was for Jaelan Dahr. He had private tutors that made sure he got his basic schooling in, but other than that most of his time he spent down at the docks, watching ships being built and getting to talk to the pilots. When he was old enough, he convined one to take him up and show him how to fly. At that point, he was hooked. Over the next couple of years, he worked his way up to copilot of a shuttle. Somewhere along the way, a rivalry developed between him and a redheaded spitfire named Zarana. This rivalry moved between firendly to heated and to romantic and then simple friendly competition within a year. Recently though, all of his hopes and dreams went straight down the fresher. 

An explosion rocked the outlying offices of the CEC, and shook Jaelan out of a deep sleep. Rolling Zarana off of him, he got up to look out the window, just as the door was kicked in by CorSec agents who grabbed both him and Zarana. For hours, he sat in a isolated room, trying to find out answers. WHen an interrogator arrived, Jaelan got the answers he sought, even though they weren't what he wanted to hear. Terrorists had attacked the CEC offices looking for plans on one of the newest ship designs in develpment with the apparent intent of selling them to the highest bidder. In the middle of everything, Jaelan's father and all three of his older brothers were killed as they tried to prevent the theft. Corsec had had word that Zarana was tied into the ring but had determined her whereabouts too late to prevent the attack. This news shattered Jaelan's entire world, and once released there was nothing to stop him from leaving and never returning. Or so he thought. 

Recently, while doing a couple of runs for Isotech, a former CorSec officer got in touch with Jaelan to let him know that Zarana turned out to not be the mole, but that someone close to his father was. The suspicion was split between Jaelan and his sister as to which one would have been part of it. Once more, Jaelan found another reason to split ties with his past. Corsec had been wrong before, and he was confident they were now. However, something nagged at him about how his sister had reacted at the funeral and he knew she had been behind it. He had no clue what he was going to do about it, but he would eventually.

Edited by TCArknight

I like the second background better than the first however both are good. One question about the first, which Sith? Did Maul kill your parents or was it Ventress? In terms of what the party may need I think we need a medic more than a pilot cause Virion has a good amount of agility and one point in piloting (space). Looking at some of the backstories the group has, Xylas wouldn't know any of you guys, I think he is also the old man of the group clocking in at 35 years old.

I like the second background better than the first however both are good. One question about the first, which Sith? Did Maul kill your parents or was it Ventress? In terms of what the party may need I think we need a medic more than a pilot cause Virion has a good amount of agility and one point in piloting (space). Looking at some of the backstories the group has, Xylas wouldn't know any of you guys, I think he is also the old man of the group clocking in at 35 years old.

I completely missed that.... How long has it been since the clone wars was over? I'm thinking it might have been a Seperatist attack led by a Dark Jedi, or even something like Black Sun. Although it would be interesting if it was Ventress. :)

What if Xylas was one of the ones to help Jaelan escape from Pembric II and the Kathol Sector? Helped to get him on a ship and recently reconnected?

The Clone Wars ended 4 years before we begin our adventures. How many years ago would that have been the whole getting Jaelan off planet? If it's before the war ended it most likely could have happened when he was still working with Corr. After that though it gets dicey the closer to present you get the more likely Xylas does not have a ship. However if the timelines match up I'd be willing to iron out the specifics with you.

Hello again everyone! Checking in to let you know I have not forgotten Group B. I will be getting everything ready for you folk by next week, and will be back in touch soon with feedback. If anyone has any ideas they want to run past me in private, don't hesitate to let me know. 

Thank you for your patience! I am now going to see what spanners I can throw in the works for Group A! 

I say we probably dont need an outright pilot type if we decide not to make space combat a priority. Weve got a bunch of people who can land without completely trashing the paint- if we DO go for a dedicated pilot, theyd need to prioritize piloting talents.

Thematically, what do people think of starting us as a bounty hunting crew, perhaps between jobs when events catch up with us on Ord Mandel?

Xylas would have definitely been the last member of that crew unless you guys form less than 2 years ago in game time. But I'm definitely fine with that, you might need someone who knows the underworld like Xylas, and that's why you hired him. Other than that he'll have been stranded on Ord Mantell due to a job gone horribly wrong, and he's been stuck on planet since.

Edited by Shlambate

Xylas would have definitely been the last member of that crew unless you guys form less than 2 years ago in game time. But I'm definitely fine with that, you might need someone who knows the underworld like Xylas, and that's why you hired him. Other than that he'll have been stranded on Ord Mantell due to a job gone horribly wrong, and he's been stuck on planet since.

If it's only been 3 ears since the clone wars, Merline needs to be older in her backround, and probably should have just been kicked off planet when the clone wars base went in. She's likel recruited to the team as much for her technical skills as for being a heavy hitter.

It's been 4 years after the Clone Wars to be exact. 2 years before present or 17 BBY Xylas gets betrayed by the Black Sun and the Empire, the short of it is Xylas buys some guns (at an exorbitantly expensive price) from the Black Sun, they sell the guns as well to the Empire (Cheaper price) and tell the Imps I stole their shipment, so they confiscated all the goods and took my ship for extra measure and thankfully they did not check Xylas' Person to find his dismantled Lightsaber before sending Xylas to the Clink, he escaped from custody shortly after with nothing but the armor on his back a force pike and his Lightsaber, and has been in the mid city for a while now, that's where the crew would come in, at least in Xylas point of view.

Nothing in particular just yet, aside from the characters being stranded on the same planet at the rime of the purge, and starting to work as mercenaries/bounty hunters/etc. together.

I apologise for how brief this post is, I would like to have some rest before making a more elaborate post.

I apologise for a doublepost and for not bringing up any ideas here yet, but I wanted to check if the second group idea is still alive.

So, is it?

If so, any ideas you would like to use in your backstory, Rakaydos?

Hey guys, and especially waywardGM,

I happened to read your group A sessions and their are AWESOME. I really liked the play, details and explanations and i would really like to try and get back in again if it's ok.

Though i said i was pretty busy, which is true, it seems it was an exaggeration on my part (it's my first job so all i had was the stories i heard from friends) as i do find free time and i would prefer filling it with good role play.

So if possible, and if eryrwyn isn't playing in the end (as i haven't seen him post any character since then) and you would have me back i would be more than happy to join back and make this Rock (do you see the Rocket innuendo? ... yeah i'll stop now) !

I would prefer playing the Dathomiri human witch over an Enterpreneur hutt because after reading on Hutts, it would miss the character experience i thought of if i'd play "a good inside scumbag outside" type.

I also prefer the witch because she would be less than perfect "face" character (mostly 3 greens and 1 force die) which i think would make it more interesting with the difficulty it will bring with it. That and talking Force philosophy. 

Therefore, if you choose and the group accepts to have me back, and eryrwyn isn't playing (because i have given up my place for him) i would be really happy to join.

Please :) 

I apologise for a doublepost and for not bringing up any ideas here yet, but I wanted to check if the second group idea is still alive.

So, is it?

If so, any ideas you would like to use in your backstory, Rakaydos?

Not being force sensitive, Merline is more interested in making ends meet, building new weapons and armor, and stay flying. She quite easilly slots into a Bounty hunting crew, but has no interest in collecting the imperial reward for force sensitives, so she could be running a safe haven for your character.

Hi again everyone, and once more thank you for your patience. 

I have a very busy next few days ahead, getting my new office set up and meeting a whole lot of associates, so I won't be able to start Group B until Monday (maybe Sunday, I hope!)