Sign in to follow this  
waywardgm

Wayward Stars (OOC)

I'll work on a back story tomorrow (am going now to a very good friend's wedding) and i am also reading Lords of Nal Hutta to get a better feel for their species.

I'd be happy to hear from the other Players/Characters i'd be playing with in "Team Rocket !"(Group B, if you accept that name, and it's not suggestive of necessarily evil doers) (Guardian - Armorer, Bounty Hunter - Modder, Seeker - Executioner) if they have a suggestion in the mean while their character to one of those i listed (Wircka - heal witch with animal companion, Ka'Ching - Hutt entrepreneur, both are face role but we can share the spot light). 

Cheers

Suggestion: It would be cool to start a bit different between the groups as Jedi Ronin suggested (one with a homestead, the other a ship maybe or maybe a third option with haven't thought of yet).

Suggestion: If we manage to in the future it would be cool to meet up for a session of two between the groups as rivals or a cameo or two squads in the same giant combat or operation or something.

Suggestion End.

As for my idea, I'd like to go with a high Presence character as that's what I usually play and feel most comfortable at playing: Face-ish and support role with Battle Medication and/or the Makashi Duelist way. If USM species are available, I'd love to play a Zeltron -- a deeply flawed, hedonistic and sarcastic but charming Force sensitive with a knack for finding trouble -- or rather, finding himself in trouble -- despite his best intentions (and not always best for him...). 

Edited by eryrwyn

What about group resource(s)?

Are we going to get that after we start?

Is there going to be one for each "subgroup" in the party (e.g., a ship for the "Edge" characters, a Mentor/Holocron for the Jedi, etc)?

That's something we need to discuss after each group is formed, I imagine.

Suggestion: It would be cool to start a bit different between the groups as Jedi Ronin suggested (one with a homestead, the other a ship maybe or maybe a third option with haven't thought of yet).

Suggestion: If we manage to in the future it would be cool to meet up for a session of two between the groups as rivals or a cameo or two squads in the same giant combat or operation or something.

A homestead game tends to be rather different from one with a starship, so at the very least I hope my group selects a ship. 

Your other suggestion sounds awesome and cool, but in practice it is unworkable. Coordinating 5 players and a GM will be trying for our patience. Coordinating 10 players and a GM in one scene will be so slow entire generations will be born and die while we resolve that particular encounter...

Since there seems to be infinite room I'll post a character once I finish a backstory. FYI Devaronians are not in SWsheets so when I post the sheet he will be labeled as a Human even though he's not.

On SWsheet you can opt to type in the species manually as well if you prefer.

I was thinking about maybe picking a stolen Lambda-Class T4A Long Range Shuttle from the Age core as our resource? Or perhaps a HWK-1000 light freighter from Fly Casual (depending on the size of the group) or a HT-2200 medium freighter from Far Horizons (if we want something a bit more common and customizable) What do you think group 1?

Edited by Weedles and Fries

Since there seems to be infinite room I'll post a character once I finish a backstory. FYI Devaronians are not in SWsheets so when I post the sheet he will be labeled as a Human even though he's not.

On SWsheet you can opt to type in the species manually as well if you prefer.

I was thinking about maybe picking a stolen Lambda-Class T4A Long Range Shuttle from the Age core as our resource? Or perhaps a HWK-1000 light freighter from Fly Casual (depending on the size of the group) or a HT-2200 medium freighter from Far Horizons (if we want something a bit more common and customizable) What do you think group 1?

Medium freighter sounds good to me! I'm also a fan of the HWK-1000, mostly due to the Dice For Brains group having a HWK.

I'll work on a back story tomorrow (am going now to a very good friend's wedding) and i am also reading Lords of Nal Hutta to get a better feel for their species.

I'd be happy to hear from the other Players/Characters i'd be playing with in "Team Rocket !"(Group B, if you accept that name, and it's not suggestive of necessarily evil doers) (Guardian - Armorer, Bounty Hunter - Modder, Seeker - Executioner) if they have a suggestion in the mean while their character to one of those i listed (Wircka - heal witch with animal companion, Ka'Ching - Hutt entrepreneur, both are face role but we can share the spot light). 

Cheers

I could see Jaelan connecting with Ka'Ching because he sees an opportunity towards getting his own shop and backing. He's unsure about the Hutt, having seen how they treat folks in general, but something tells him that Ka may be Hutt on the outside, but in spirit he's just as caring and compassionate as Jaelan.

I could see this happening on Ord Mantel as well....

@WaywardGM: Would you allow this Modification for a lightsaber hilt?

Some lightsaber users find that adding a Ridge or Spike to the design of their lightsaber not oly allows them to disguise the weapon from a casual detection, but really give them an option in close combat that doesn't force them to ignite their lightsaber blade.

Base Modifiers: A lightsaber with this attachment more closely resembles an ancient mace or morning star than a modern lightsaber. This gives anyone searching the wielder an additional Setback dice to determine the weapon is a lightsaber. This also allows the wielder to treat the lightsaber as a Truncheon for purposes of close combat (Dam: +2; Crit: 5; Range: Engaged; Special: Disorient 2).

Note: Below Modifications apply to the Truncheon, not the Lightsaber.

Modifications: 1 Damage +1 Mods, 1 Decrease the weapon’s critical rating by 1 to a minimum of 1 Mod, 1 Item Quality (Disorient +1) Mod.

Hard Points Required: 1

Cost: 100; Rarity: 5

This is what I see a hilt with this looking like:

11090918_10103499079124213_6640125452777

Edited by TCArknight

TCArknight, i think that's interesting idea. I thought of Ka'Ching as a very Hutt type of character manipulating and all and very ruthless but this actually brings another dimension to it and i think it might be nice.

Something of the sort of "years of conditioning and a certain way of treatment builds you in a certain way, a way that is hard to break... but at times something gets through and touches him deeply". 

Maybe Ka'Ching is not really "bad" it's just that he has to be. Has to be because if he acted otherwise his family will not accept him. Has to be because otherwise the other Hutts won't respect him. He has to be this way to keep on a facade of control, and excellence. But inside he can see their fear, he can feel their pain and he connects... so he has to bury it deep. But not always deep enough?

I'll keep on reading the Lords of Nal Hutta and see if this can work well :) 

Fantastic! I look forward to reading it. 

Then pack your bags, traveller, because the wonderous sights and sounds of an ex-military ordnance depot turned respectable(ish) planet is your first destination! As for Morality - I have no problems with people choosing their own (same with Obligations and such) if it fits the character better. Go ahead with the saber; Torin would have had one. Remember the base mods are not a problem if you can find them (shoot me a PM with the items you want and the rolls you need via Orokos if they're restricted), while the modifications themselves take time/mechanics and a little cash to apply. 

Group resource wise - you already seem to be on the ball. Odds are it will be a ship; as it fits with the concept of you all being wanderers to a degree. Also it means having something you can all use/benefit from. I'm fine with getting into Holocrons for the Force Sensitives - but only once they've been earned!

I'm probably going to have to run the two subset groups in parallel with the same overarching story, sorry Metushelah. I don't think I have the time for two fully divergent groups (though I know the story framework will change drastically between each) that can intersect at points. It would be amazing, and a very ambitious project - but for now we'll have to work with this. I may already be pushing my luck with two groups! What if I post the wrong plot/encounter/reaction to the wrong topic! Arrgh!

As for my idea, I'd like to go with a high Presence character as that's what I usually play and feel most comfortable at playing: Face-ish and support role with Battle Medication and/or the Makashi Duelist way. If USM species are available, I'd love to play a Zeltron -- a deeply flawed, hedonistic and sarcastic but charming Force sensitive with a knack for finding trouble -- or rather, finding himself in trouble -- despite his best intentions (and not always best for him...). 

Completely fine with you looking into species not yet covered in official texts (as we know they'll come out some day). I've been using Oggdude's Character Generator and the species menagerie you mentioned as well - so go ahead!

Medium freighter sounds good to me! I'm also a fan of the HWK-1000, mostly due to the Dice For Brains group having a HWK.

The space turtle is also a very cool ship...

I am leaving this one completely over to you as a group. Just remember to leave enough room for everyone to live comfortably, and a place for each person to do a job on the ship - piloting, astrogation, gunnery, mechanic, galley slav... I mean cook... and so forth. 

Not a problem. I am going to be rather ruthless on players who out themselves as "Jedi" around people who are opposed to the Order. I think one of the things I take umbrage with is people waving lightsabers around in public places and then getting mad at their GM when an Imperial force/Inquisitor is sent after them. Hiding the saber is a good idea! Even if it's in plain sight as a "mace".

Lovely! Looking forward to the full details of the characters being fleshed out! 

Quick question: depending on the circumstances and the crew Embeetoo ends up serving under, does anyone have any objections with me strapping a cerebral stabilizer to a hostages head and killing him only to resurrect him continuously so to either break their Willpower stat and force the information out of their mouths or until they willingly give it out of utter dread ? And does anyone have a problem with me using an abudance of stimsticks to rupture a man's heart or pump so many stims into a guy that they grow immune and easily susceptible to disease? I'm alright if the answers no, just curious.

Also what do you guys think of a Wayfarer-Class Freighter? It has a good amount of customization points, various crew roles that need to be filled, a good amount of consumable and general storage, a decent (Class 2) hyperdrive, and pretty good durability while still being under budget.

Edited by Weedles and Fries

Quick question: depending on the circumstances and the crew Embeetoo ends up serving under, does anyone have any objections with me strapping a cerebral stabilizer to a hostages head and killing him only to resurrect him continuously so to either break their Willpower stat and force the information out of their mouths or until they willingly give it out of utter dread ? And does anyone have a problem with me using an abudance of stimsticks to rupture a man's heart or pump so many stims into a guy that they grow immune and easily susceptible to disease? I'm alright if the answers no, just curious.

Out of character, I feel like that would be a bit graphic and best left in the background.

In character, I think it would somewhat depend on what mental state Eya's in. She probably wouldn't be too thrilled, though; while she has a pretty shaky moral compass, that's pretty much in the "you're as bad as they are" camp. About the best you could get would be her accepting this as business as usual and ignoring it.

Edited by The Shy Ion

Hey team, just throwing in my votes for ship as a resource, and also which one we should go for!

HWK-x is a cool idea, but it's not got a lot to offer for anyone not flying it if we get into starship shenanigans. Also it's pretty small. I am wondering if maybe we can't twist Wayward's arm and ask for something like the YKL-37R. I looked through all the ships and came to settle here for these reasons:

1 - It is NOT a Corellian ship. As much as I love the YT series, every man and his Wookiee flies one. 

2 - It has the specifications of needing 1 pilot/1 co-pilot and 2 gunners. This more or less fills out our quota - with the fifth person able to do the other things like mechanics in a firefight. 

3 - It looks hilarious! Took me a few minutes to work out where the cockpit was, and then when I realized I wondered WHY.

4 - There's room for everyone to live in it, should we be in hyperspace for any long period of time.

Here's a deck plan if you want to chiggity check it out. 

Edited by primusnine

Quick question: depending on the circumstances and the crew Embeetoo ends up serving under, does anyone have any objections with me strapping a cerebral stabilizer to a hostages head and killing him only to resurrect him continuously so to either break their Willpower stat and force the information out of their mouths or until they willingly give it out of utter dread ? And does anyone have a problem with me using an abudance of stimsticks to rupture a man's heart or pump so many stims into a guy that they grow immune and easily susceptible to disease? I'm alright if the answers no, just curious.

Also what do you guys think of a Wayfarer-Class Freighter? It has a good amount of customization points, various crew roles that need to be filled, a good amount of consumable and general storage, a decent (Class 2) hyperdrive, and pretty good durability while still being under budget.

My Jedi would not put up with torture of this sort.

Ramani might be a (former-ish) crook, but he's a pretty decent person who is averse to violence, especially torture. He is not likely to want to associate with anyone who uses methods like these.

To be frank, I agree with our GM in that this sort of actions do not belong on-camera in a SW game, and preferably not off camera either. It is something the evil baddies do, not the PCs. And all we will see is the interrogation droid entering the room, or we will hear the screams. Graphic violence feels like it doesn't really belong in a Star Wars game.